Submitted by marslike on Sat, 12/21/2013 - 11:54
- Without a Net: The Female Experience of Growing Up Working Class - Michelle Tea
- The Devil in the Flesh - Raymond Radiguet
- Dora: A Headcase - Lidia Yuknavitch
- Revenge of the Women's Studies Professor - Bonnie J. Morris
- Salt Fish Girl - Larissa Lai
- Famous Fathers and Other Stories - Pia Z. Ehrhardt
- The Gentrification of the Mind: Witness to a Lost Imagination - Sarah Schulman
- Fat is a Feminist Issue - Susie Orbach
- The Antonia Gramsci Reader: Selected Writings 1916-1935 - Antonia Gramsci
- The Ice Palace - Tarjei Vesaas
- So Long a Letter - Mariama Ba
- Ragnarok - A.S.
Submitted by Anonymous on Sun, 06/27/2010 - 04:21
- I'm phobic of stick insects
- I love the smell of chlorine
- I'm obsessed with Disneyland
- My last name is Norris, no relation to Chuck
- I have a terrible habit of losing everything. Phones, Ipods, Passports- everything.
- I used to be addicted to soft drink, particuarly Coke in the morning
- My childhood crush was Hades from Hercules
- I eat way too many mandarins
- I believe that i'm psychic
- I've lived in Canada and Ireland
Submitted by MycroftJones on Mon, 11/30/2009 - 18:21
- Dad & Kathy
- Jessi & Casey
- Lisa Shoemaker
- Jeff Shokler
- Kathy Parker
- Mr. Ong
- Sara &Edgar
- Sara’s family
- Megan Andry
- Clare & Rachel
- Lindsay & Patrick
- Avi & Alexa
- Max & Miriam
- Nick Murphy
- Annie Carlson
- Lauren Allen
- Jessica Del Vecchio
- Scott & Emily
- Jacki Freeman
- Rachel Bondhus
Submitted by darktremor on Wed, 04/29/2009 - 04:49
- Nothing lifts an awkward silence like pointing out that there's an awkward silence! Honestly, even if it isn't an awkward silence it always turns into one after this moronic shit. Who the hell wants to be the first to talk after somebody drops this crap? Way to turn a brief lull into a conversational black hole, dumbass.
What I have done with my life: 2005-2010 (previously titled life-changing experiences of the last 2 years, but it outgrew that)Submitted by darktremor on Mon, 11/19/2007 - 05:04
- Got into graduate school, working towards a combined M.Sc Neuroscience on the topic of portable EEG devices.
- Went to a 4-day rave festival (Eclipse), which was the most fun 4 days of my entire life.
- Co-founded a small start-up with a successful venture capitalist, developing portable EEG devices that connect to the iPhone using Bluetooth (current job), for advance detection of seizures and strokes, the tracking of moods and sleep quality, and as a meditation quality ("vividness" or "clarity") indicator. (I still work for this company, and it's doing reasonably well).
Submitted by darktremor on Sat, 12/23/2006 - 09:33
- [Note: I'm tracking the changes now for my own interest]
- Nothing at all. Believing in anything is silly and childish. Only empirical evidence and raw data should be agreed with, and only conditionally (only until better data and evidence comes along that doesn't support it). Creating theories and models is logical, but they can't be agreed with until they have made predictions.
- My opinions, however, on hotly debated and evidence-lacking subjects (which are subject to change based upon changes in empirical evidence), are: