GAME: Identify GreenCine Daily Header Pieces!
Excellent movie blog GreenCine Daily has a graphical header showing shots from certain movies on a strip, fading away into the distance. Let's try to identify the films!
They aren't all screenshots from movies. A couple are posters or simply photographs of stars.
Anyway, here's the pic, enlarged and numbered:
1. Certainly some version of Irving's The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, but it doesn't seem to match any of the 8 versions I'm aware of.
2. High Noon.
3. Does this look like Toshiro Mifune? In Yojimbo, perhaps, or Seven Samurai? It's also been suggested that this is Zatoichi.
4. Anyone got any guesses for who this might be?
5. DVD cover of The New Tale of Zatoichi
6. La Cage Aux Folles.
8. A poster for Gilda, starring Rita Hayworth.
10. A Touch of Zen.
12. This has been the most commented on, but we haven't found an exact match. Our best guess so far is some kind of rare poster for 2001: A Space Odyssey.
13. Cowboy Bebop.
14. Probably part of a poster for a 30s-60s thriller, perhaps Hitchcockian, though I can't find it.
15. Stand and Deliver.
16. Almost certainly Fred Astaire, in his trademark tails.
17. Looks like Bruce Lee, probably from Enter the Dragon.
18. Tim Curry from Rocky Horror Picture Show?
19. Two overlapping street signs, unreadable. Might this say Sunset Boulevard? But then again, a street sign would read SUNSET BLVD, which doesn't fit the graphic.
BTW, the small 'film strip' that is unnumbered (because the pieces are way too small), on close inspection, appears to be two women sitting very close, perhaps holding hands. One has dark hair and a white shirt. The other has blonde/brown hair and wears a green shirt. But it's too indistinct to really make a guess.