The Story of Mike Tyson in Ten Fights
Submitted by podizz on Thu, 01/07/2010 - 10:18
- Win 1–0 Hector Mercedes TKO Round 1, 1:47. 1985-03-06 Albany, NY First win as a professional
- Win 28–0 Trevor Berbick TKO Round 2, 2:35. 1986-11-22 Las Vegas, NV Won WBC Heavyweight title.
- Win 31–0 Tony Tucker Decision (unanimous) Round 12 1987-08-01 Las Vegas, NV Won IBF Heavyweight title and retained WBA/WBC Heavyweight titles, becoming Undisputed Heavyweight champion. Became first heavyweight to own all three major belts (WBA, WBC, and IBF) at the same time.
- Win 35–0 Michael Spinks KO Round 1, 1:31. 1988-06-27 Atlantic City, NJ Retained IBF/WBA/WBC Heavyweight titles. Loss 37–1 James "Buster" Douglas KO 10 1990-02-11 Tokyo, Japan Lost IBF/WBA/WBC Heavyweight titles.
- Win 40–1 Donovan Ruddock TKO Round 7, 2:22. 1991-03-18 Las Vegas, NV The fight was surrounded in controversy after referee Richard Steele stopped Ruddock in the 7th round after a barrage of punches from Tyson even though he appeared to be ok to continue. As a result of the premature stoppage a fight broke out in the ring between both camps and a rematch was called for.
- Win 42–1 Peter McNeeley Disqualification Round 1 1995-08-19 Las Vegas, NV McNeeley was disqualified after his manager entered the ring. First fight back since his three year sentence for rape.
- Loss 45–2 Evander Holyfield TKO Round 11, 0:37. 1996-11-09 Las Vegas, NV Lost WBA Heavyweight title.
- Loss 45–3 Evander Holyfield Disqualification Round 3 1997-06-28 Las Vegas, NV "The Bite Fight", Tyson disqualified for twice biting Holyfield's ears in round three.
- Loss 49–4 Lennox Lewis KO Round 8, 2:25. 2002-06-08 Memphis, TN IBF/IBO/WBC Heavyweight titles on the line.
- Loss 50–6 Kevin McBride TKO Round 6, 3:00. 2005-06-11 Washington, DC Tyson's trainer Jeff Fenech asked for the fight to be stopped after the sixth round. McBride pushed Tyson over in the sixth. Tyson struggled to get up and looked exhausted. Fenech decided Tyson was unable to continue through exhaustion and called the fight off.