10 Classic Quotes From The Shining
Submitted by podizz on Fri, 04/13/2012 - 06:46
- Jack Torrance: Heeere's Johnny!
- Jack Torrance: All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
- Danny Torrance: Redrum. Redrum. Redrum.
- Jack Torrance: Wendy? Darling? Light, of my life. I'm not gonna hurt ya. You didn't let me finish my sentence. I said, I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just going to bash your brains in.
- Jack Torrance: Danny, I'm coming!
- Jack Torrance: Have you ever had a SINGLE MOMENT'S THOUGHT about my responsibilities? Have you ever thought, for a single solitary moment about my responsibilities to my employers? Has it ever occurred to you that I have agreed to look after the OVERLOOK Hotel until May the FIRST. Does it MATTER TO YOU AT ALL that the OWNERS have placed their COMPLETE CONFIDENCE and TRUST in me, and that I have signed a letter of agreement, a CONTRACT, in which I have accepted that RESPONSIBILITY? Do you have the SLIGHTEST IDEA, what a MORAL AND ETHICAL PRINCIPLE IS, DO YOU? Has it ever occurred to you what would happen to my future, if I were to fail to live up to my responsibilities? Has it ever occurred to you? HAS IT?
- Jack Torrance: God, I'd give anything for a drink. I'd give my god-damned soul for just a glass of beer.
- Dick Hallorann: Some places are like people. Some "shine" and some don't. I guess you could say the Overlook Hotel here has somethin' almost like "shining."
- Grady daughters: Hello Danny. Come and play with us. Come and play with us, Danny. Forever... and ever... and ever.
- Jack Torrance: Little pigs, little pigs, let me come in. Not by the hair of your chiny-chin-chin? Well then I'll huff and I'll puff, and I'll blow your house in.