10 Classic Quotes From Se7en
Submitted by podizz on Sat, 04/14/2012 - 12:30
- David Mills: What's in the box?!!
- John Doe: We see a deadly sin on every street corner, in every home, and we tolerate it. We tolerate it because it's common, it's trivial. We tolerate it morning, noon, and night. Well, not anymore. I'm setting the example. What I've done is going to be puzzled over and studied and followed... forever.
- David Mills: I seem to remember us knocking on your door.
- John Doe: Oh, that's right. And I seem to remember breaking your face.
- David Mills: What do you got?
- William Somerset: Dead dog.
- John Doe: I didn't do that.
- John Doe: I visited your home this morning after you'd left. I tried to play husband. I tried to taste the life of a simple man. It didn't work out, so I took a souvenir... her pretty head.
- John Doe: Become vengeance, David. Become wrath.
- William Somerset: Ernest Hemingway once wrote, "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
- William Somerset: California, tell your people to stay away. Stay away now, don't - don't come in here. Whatever you hear, stay away! John Doe has the upper hand!
- Dr. Beardsley: He's experienced about as much pain and suffering as anyone I've encountered, give or take, and he still has Hell to look forward to.
- Somerset reading John Doe's notebook: What sick ridiculous puppets we are / and what gross little stage we dance on / What fun we have dancing and fucking / Not a care in the world / Not knowing that we are nothing / We are not what was intended.