Things I Hate
Submitted by Oedipus on Tue, 12/14/2004 - 13:07
I hope that I wasn't too brutal.
- I hate When people use the word Over-rated to refer to anything. If someone doesn't like a movie that alot of people like they brand it as being over-rated because they don't think it deserves as much praise as it seems to get. But the same people who decide what movies are over-rated start a best vs. favourite argument whenever they're asked what the best movie is. If you can decide what movie is over-rated, why can't you also decide what movie is the best? The word over-rated is just another way of saying, "my opinion means more then yours."
- I hate When people accuse someone of selling out. No one's sold out, they're just working, trying to make a living like everyone else. They have a right to, so leave them alone.
- I hate movie reviews. I never read them before I see a movie, I see whatever I want and I don't need anyone to tell me if a movie is good or not. I sometimes read reviews of movies after I see them but I usually disagree with them.
- I hate when people complain about re-makes. It's just a movie, the world isn't going to end because someone decides to re-make one of your favourite movies so why make such a big deal out of it. If you don't like the idea of a re-make, you don't have to see it. A re-make doesn't change or affect the original in any way. The original is the the same movie that it's always been and it always will be the same. If you don't like the re-make, watch the original but there's no need for anyone to complain about a movie being made. It's just a movie and if you're 6 or 7 years old a little complaining may be okay but if you're older, it just seems childish.
- I hate the message boards at IMDB, it's so hard to have a decent conversation on them because people would rather insult you then to discuss anything. The only board worth visiting is the Classic Film Board.
- Internet lingo that some people use on message boards and instant messengers, like, u for you, r for are, lol, rofl, etc. I don't have anything against people using it, all of my friends that I talk to online use it. I just don't like to use it myself. I would rather type the entire word out then to abbreviate it, I don't like to abbreviate very much.
- I hate when I'm watching a movie with someone and a character in the movie does something and they say, "No one would do that." I hate when people generalize a group of people, it assumes that everyone is the same and would react the exact same way in any given situation. How would they know that no one would do that?
- When I say something and someone says, "Well, that's just your opinion." I said it, whose opinion would it be if it weren't mine? When I state my opinion, I always state it as if it were fact, otherwise it's no good. For example, if I think a movie is terrible, I don't say, "it's my opinion that that's a terrible movie." or "I believe that's a terrible movie." I say "That movie is terrible." The fact that I said it, will tell you that it's my opinion with out me having to point it out.
- Mad TV, it's just a watered down, generic version of Saturday Night Live. SNL isn't very good anymore but the skits on Mad TV are alot worse than anything from SNL.
- I Hate when people say that something is the new something else. Like 40 is the new 30, or Blue is the new Black. If we wait long enough, maybe one day Dying will be the new Living or Hell will be the new Heaven.
I hope that I wasn't too brutal.
I hope, I haven't offended anyone
actually I don't care.
Discussion is as always welcome.
I'm sure that I'll find more things that I hate to add later.