Worst movies I've seen in awhile
Submitted by 5intheface on Thu, 07/29/2004 - 09:58
- Misery~ Man, the book wasn't too bad. I actually kind of enjoyed it. But they raped the film. It was done so incredibly poorly....the only good thing I could say about the film was the house looked good, like I imagine it. But everything else was all gone to hell. And Kathy Bates won an oscar for that. She was terrible, she came off more like an eccentric aunt or something than crazy. Caan was just boring too. He's a good actor, but he just was so boring and showed zero emotion. They just screwed that movie so bad....
- Natural Born Killers~ I just finisher this one and my god is it offensive. What is it trying to say? Killing is good and media is bad? Sure, the media can be a bunch of assholes I agree, but the satire here was lost. It was just lots and lots of pointless violence the world could do without. Kind of ironic that they talked about worthless movies and this one is so unnecessary. I can hardly believe Quentin Tarantino wrote something so shitty.
- Lost Highway~I watched this one today too. Here's my take on it: They started filimg one movie, wasted half thier budget on it and decided to can it. So they just put a qig on Patricia Arquette and told her to show her boobies alot and got another story going, and then threw the two stories together sloppily without any explanation and tried to pass it off as "deep" or "open to interpretation" Yeah right. That sucked.
- Chicago~ This isn't really fair, but I f'n hate musicals. So It wasn' fair me to see it, but it gets the distinct honour of being the only movie I've ever walked out on. I found it offensive, pointless, and overall not evertaining. The main character is a whore with no redeeming qualities, yet we're still supposed to get behind her and love her? Its not even like human flaws that she shows, she's just downright a horrible person, and the satircal side of this does not shine through at all. I hate how they act in musicals, I hate how they sing, and I hated the plot of this movie especially.
- One Hour Photo~ I was highly dissappionted with this movie, especially considering the guy at the movie place said if you like Donnie Darko, you'll like this. Everytime it started to build up some steam, get some tension or something good going, it totally ruined it and all was lost. Robin Williams wasn't bad in it, could've been better, but mainly the story was boring and it was freaky for the most part. Lots of the movie was pointless fluff. Shame, could've been very good.
I was just hit with an onslaught of bad cinema. Wish I had never seen these crap films....