Under Copyright in the U.S.
Submitted by Penny on Sat, 02/12/2005 - 12:28
- Arthur Conan Doyle The Case Book of Sherlock Holmes
- F. Scott Fitzgerald The Great Gatsby
- John Galsworthy Flowering Wilderness
- James Joyce Finnegans Wake
- D. H. Lawrence The Plumed Serpent
- George Bernard Shaw Saint Joan
- Mark Twain Mark Twain’s Autobiography
- H. G. Wells The Shape of Things to Come
- Edith Wharton Edith Wharton’s Verse, 1879-1919, From Various Journals
- Thomas Wolfe Look Homeward, Angel
- Virginia Woolf To the Lighthouse
- “Happy Birthday”
- “A Tisket, a Tasket” Ella Fitzgerald (the rhyme is in the public domain, though)
Lately, I've grown interested in the laws that govern what you can legally put on the internet, depending on your address. Many of these texts are available in Australia or Canada, but not the U.S.