Things I Hate About Listology And Listologists
Submitted by grandpa_chum on Fri, 11/05/2004 - 03:05
- The use of the word favOURite with cult-like heed... as if it's somehow superior to how normal people spell it... now i'm not an expert on the exact differences between the two... but they both mean about the same thing.
- People, including myself, who use misleading handles... i'm the perfect example... not only am i not old enough to be a grandfather, i don't even have kids... in fact i'm not old enough to drink.
- Completely pointless lists, we're all guilty... about 2/3 of mine are stupid and pointless and just used as a pastime cause i'm bored and i don't have any interesting things to do.
- Book Lists... my god i didn't think it was possible to not have heard of so many highly recomended books.
- People who can list dozens of their favorite movies without listing one made prior to 1980.
- People, like myself, who can't see past their own nose when it comes to the dedication they have to one artist, whether it be actor, director, writer, musician, whatever... i'm guilty on the leone front.
- People who can create a list with only 2 or 3 items... super small... and not even put forth the effort to capatilize a single letter... not to mention organize the damn thing a little bit or use a header or bold or anything.
- The need to put everything in order... whether numerical or not... i can't help it either... hell even this list is in order... i can't stop myself.
- how about incessant use of ellipses in lieu of proper punctuation... like this... and this... it's annoying... but i can't help it.
i just realized that all of these are either because of my incompetence or things that i am as guilty of as anyone... except number 1 of course... that is just ridiculous.