Slipkid's Vegas-Style Handicap Guide to Who's Gettin' Whacked on "The Sopranos" This Season
Submitted by slipkid71 on Mon, 03/08/2004 - 13:21
- Definitely Gonna Catch a Whackin'
- Paulie Walnuts (8:5 odds) : Paulie's prison term, plus his daliance with the double-crossing Johnny Sack spells his doom. You know Tony's gonna figure out sooner or later Paulie was playing both sides. His volatile temper's also gonna get him into a lot of trouble.
- Christopher Moltisanti (5:1 odds) : He'll get whacked for two reasons: a) because of Adriana, who's help out the feds against her will, and b) also because of his temper. However, because Tony holds him in such high regard, Christopher's whacking is gonna be ordered from someone else.
- Adriana LaCerva (12:1 odds) : Pretty soon, someone, maybe Tony, is gonna learn Adriana's been singing to the Feds. Regardless of whether she did it willingly or not, she's gonna get whacked.
- Good Chance They'll Get Whacked, But Maybe Not
- Carmine Lupertazzi (15:1 odds) : The odds on him catching a bullet would have been higher had it not been for his stroke, but if he survives the stroke, Johnny Sack's motivation to kill him and take over the Lupertazzi family will only grow stronger, which doesn't bode well for Carmine.
- "Feech" LaManna (25:1 odds) : Introduced in the first episode of the new season, it's too soon to tell what kind of impact he's going to have, but if his prison story's any indication, this guy, old as he is, has got trouble written all over him.
- Johnny Sack (40:1 odds) : Only because he's a back-stabbing, two-faced, double-crossing bastard. But since Carmine's stroke will leave him incapable of running the Lupertazzi New York crime family, it's only natural Johnny Sack takes over. And who the hell's gonna whack him?
- They Probably Will, But Who Cares?
- Furio Giunta (50:1 odds) : Tony's one-time foot soldier now has a target on his back because of his innocent (or not-so-innocent) fling with Carmela. He might get whacked, but it really won't be of any real consequence.
- Artie Bucco (50:1 odds) : He's in a world of shit anyway. He owes Tony a lot of scarole and he's been trying to steal Adriana from Christopher.
- No Friggin' Way, But Their Whacking Does Present An Intriguing Plotline
- Dr. Jennifer Melfi (300:1 odds): Tony won't have her killed, but if one of his enemies ever catches wind (and it's been hinted that, yeah, they know), she might get killed.
- Silvio Dante (500:1 odds) : No real enemies. Since he's the consigliere, he does everything he can to keep the peace.
- Carmela Soprano (1000:1 odds) : If her separation from Tony gets any worse that what it's already becoming, who knows, she might end up floating face down in the Amboys. Not gonna happen, but, then again...
- Meadow Soprano (1000:1 odds) : Again, unlikely. But it does make for an interesting subplot.
- AJ Soprano (1000:1 odds) : Somebody ought to, though. He's such a little asshole.
- Uncle Junior Soprano (2000:1 odds) : Nah, he still calls the shots (kinda), but he's too much of a whiny, self-centered complainer. Somebody, maybe Bobby Bacala, might smother him in his sleep.
- No Friggin' Way Is He Gonna Get Whacked, Regardless
- Tony Soprano (5000:1 odds) : Absolutely not this season, but maybe next season...