MUSIC SURVEY FOR ALL LISTOLOGISTS
Submitted by AfterHours on Fri, 07/13/2007 - 12:43
- I am doing some research on music and what various people look for in it. I have some questions for any and all listologists to answer. Please "copy and paste" the question or number of the question and provide your answer in the discussion section below.
- Here are the survey questions:
- 1. WHAT ARE YOUR 5 FAVORITE ALBUMS?
- 2. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN AN ALBUM WHEN DETERMINING ITS GREATNESS?
- 3. WHAT IS THE MOST PROFOUND ALBUM YOU'VE EVER HEARD?
- The definition of "profound" being applied is usually #3 in most online dictionaries, meaning "deeply felt or rooted." So I am basically asking, "What is the most deeply felt album you've ever heard?"
- 4. WHICH ALBUM HAS THE MOST "EXPANSION OF CONTENT" YOU'VE EVER HEARD? Definition, "expansion of content": an album or track exhibiting changes in ideas (as in Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody or Radiohead's Paranoid Android) and/or a simultaneous density of ideas (as in numerous things occurring with the instruments and/or vocals all at once, such as during the huge orchestral meltdowns in The Beatles' A Day In The Life).
- 5. HOW IMPORTANT DO YOU FIND EACH OF THE FOLLOWING FACTORS WHEN DETERMINING THE GREATNESS OF AN ALBUM:
- EXPANSION OF CONTENT?
- OVERALL TRACK CONTINUITY?
I will probably add more questions in the near future, so feel free to check back in and answer those as well.