Movies I thought to be pretty Over-rated
Submitted by 5intheface on Fri, 07/30/2004 - 02:24
- Office Space~ I thought it was sort-of funny, but not as nearly as funny as everyone thinks. Perhaps its because every single line that could've been funny has already been repeated to death by highschoolers everywhere. That, and Jennifer Aniston is a terrible actress. Admit it, she might be nice to look at, but she is nothing but a pretty face.
- The Big Lewbowski~ Much like Office Space, I thought it was sort-of funny, but every just repeats the lines from this movie to death and kills it. I imagine its one fo those films you have to watch 30 times to think its hilarious, so maybe if I see it 29 more times I might laugh more than thrice.
- High Fidelity~ I didn't like this film. It wasn't funny. I don't see anything funny about watching depressed people piss and moan about how much thier life sucks even though nothing's really wrong anf they need to get over it. The movie seemed to lack purpose, and just seemed to neander about. Jack Black is entertaining, but he couldn't save this movie.
- Silence of the Lambs~ Not bad, but I just thought it was a glorified action movie. I would put it in the same category as Speed, or any random post-Star Wars Harrison Ford movie. It was just like those, but with a little bit twistier plot. Not much though. I enjoyed lots of things about it, but for the life of me can't see why its regarded as one of the best films of all time.
- The Matrix~ Just not into that kind of stuff I guess. It just annoyed me.
Not terrible films, but very over-rated. before you see them people go on about them like the are the greatest things ever, then you think.....WHA?!?!?!