Movies that Butcher History
Submitted by ender22d on Tue, 02/20/2001 - 09:18
- Disney's Pocahontas--she was 12! ug.
- Titanic--thank god one of the officer's descendants sued James Cameron's lying ass
- Braveheart--sad, but true; can still be enjoyed for chopped-off legs
- Malcolm X--Spike Lee is revisionist at times
- Tombstone (see below)
- Wyatt Earp (see below)
- Anastasia--real history is not quite as musical...
- Star Wars Episode I--Anakin did NOT build C-3PO, it just doesn't work
- Red Dawn--Soviets and Mexicans? Oh, wait, that was the 80's
- Anna and the King--(thanks SamGray)
- The Patriot--(just saw it...not so much butchered history as just hilariously unlikely history...and its almost 3 hours...could have cut out about 2 of those...Americanized Braveheart)
- u-571--see note below (thanks to Johnny)
- Nixon and JFK--I really enjoy Oliver Stone's total disregard of any reputable source for history. I think 99% of the time he just goes with whatever cracked ideas come into his head.
- The Green Berets--(thanks sebreq)