Movie Moments - Tearjerkers
Submitted by buddy on Thu, 11/02/2006 - 07:21
- The Elephant Man
- When John meets a woman who holds out her hand to shake his and calls him “Mr. Merrick”, and he replies, “I’m not used to such kindness from a beautiful woman”.
- Fellowship of the Ring
- ”My brother, my captain, my king.”
- It’s a Wonderful Life
- I just cried like a baby when I saw this for the first time 2 years ago. I have no specific moments for this one.
- Safe House
- Patrick Stewart’s character is laying beside his bed, rehearsing a security breach situation, and recites something over and over (American presidents or some such). It’s clear he does this to keep his mind sharp, and his frustration at being aware of his descent into Alzheimer’s is heartbreaking.
- Four Weddings and a Funeral
- John Hannah reads WH Auden's 'Stop The Clocks' at his lover's funeral
- Whale Rider
- Pai’s speech, and her reaction at her Grandfather not showing up for it.
- Brokeback Mountain
- Every time they had to say goodbye to each other and acknowledge the outside world.