Merlin's gut speaks out on : Random Things That *REALLY* Annoy Me (ouch!)
Submitted by Merlin on Tue, 08/02/2005 - 05:30
- Wow. I guess I am growing up. This list no longer represents what I truly find annoying now (which is now almost nothing (almost)). I've learn the art of not giving a damn). When I wrote this list originally in 2005, I was 17 and nursing a broken heart to health. And I was spewing. Boy... was I spewing. I guess this is what they call as the 'growing up' process. Someday I'd like to know who they are.
- Oh well, I can't even begin to tell you how much Listology has been a part of my growing up. It is like having friends, philosophers and guides like I never had in real life. Someday again, I'd love to write a whole post on it.
- Whatever I say, I am still stuck in between liking and loving this list. I am also stuck between archiving and not archivng it. I am leaving it on at the moment... just for laughs. Don't take it too seriously, and if you're really interested, try to see what I meant =).
- AS OF 2005
- There are very few obvious things in life I seem to find extremely annoying, and finally, my gut speaks out on it.
- Don't get me wrong, reading words of advice is actaully quite helpful and I really appreciate the works of greats like Ralph Waldo Emerson, Zig Ziglar etc. etc. It's just plain annoying when people start proclaiming their own philosphy, at the wrong time, in the wrong way. Now it's nice to hear advice, but please, theres a limit to how much sense of tranquility and smartness you can assume.I hate philosphers.
- " Whatever happens, happens for the good". REALLY? You have really have some nerve telling me that when I've done horribly in my exams, have got dumped by my (ex) girlfriend, fallen ill and get a nice yelling done by my folks. It's gonna take all my patience and niceness not to yell at you or smack you with a clay pot on your head.
- "It's gonna be OK."
- No. It's not gonna be ok. If you can help me in any way other than being a smartass, please do. If not,go away. Be pragmatic. Be sensible. If you can't shut up and please don't bother me with your philosophy. You don't have any audience for that.
- "Everything happens for a reason" and it's complimentary "Everything doesn't have a reason." ( Yes, I've heard this on the same day, for the same reason." )
- I couldn't care less. No, saying this doesn't make things better,it makes things worse. Saying this is only going to make me hate you. Nothing more. If you'd really want to make me feel better, be straightforward, be honest, be sincere in what you say. Just don't get me irritated.
- "No regrets"
- Uh huh. Who the *hell* are you kidding? It's human nature to cry over spilled milk. You loose out on great chances. No regrets. You loose out on a great relationship. No regrets. You dump your boyfriend/girlfriend. No regrets. REALLY? People who say that all the time are actaully running away from the harsh reality called life. It's ok to get hurt. It's ok to lament over lost chances. If I accept that, thats when I can move on in life. If I cannot forgive, I can at least forget and move on.
- "We an still be friends right?"
- No, we can't. And please, don't give me your extended sympathy. I don't like my wounds to be salted. You dump me and still want me. Why don't you just say "I know I'm kicking you in the nads, and I'm just hoping you won't be slagging me off to everyone we know for the next 6 months". If you can hurt me, I am not foolish to get hurt by you furhter. It's either black or white. You either take it or leave me. In peace. Don't do the Miss. Nice Girl act. [a special word of thanks to buddy on this :)]
- People lying. About anything.
- Gangsta-Rap Lingo
- "Knowwhhaadaamsayiin brotha?"
- No, we don't know what you're saying. Please be clear about it. If you are not going to make efforts to move your tongue (and use your mind) properly, I am by no ways going to take the pains to listen, decipher, process and least of all, reply to your rant. And no, it isn't cool. Not even if Eminem and Jay Z do it.
- "Daht's mah Gurll"
- What language are you speaking my dear friend? This is earth, not Mars. Or is it that you've got asthama? Or is it that you've forgotten english pronounciation of your first grade? Whatever it is, please learn to speak in decipherable english. You are not showing off, you are making a fool out of yourself.
- Being diplomatic while critizising.
- "No, he isn't being sissy, he's just being metrosexual."
- For goddssake you make it sound as if somene is making out in a Tube. If you want to compliment a guy, say smooth, say suave, say cool if you must, but this sounds more like you are abusing him. If one more time I hear being called that while applying skin lotion, I am going to grab the person by his legs and hang him/her upside down.
- What 'hmmm'? Can't the mush of your decaying slush of your brain come up with a better reply to my question? This particular expression has grown into overusage so immensely. I so bloody hate it.
- People using 'alternate' words too much in the hope to impress everyone around them
- Like,""In the long run, the english dialect has been overruned and maimed 24/7 with verbose verbiage that the populace can endeavour to absorbe only by obliquely referring to the dictionary."
- Blah Blah Blah. Qwak Qwak Qwak. Oink Oink.
- Stupid Scientific Researches.
- Rap Songs that go like
- "Yeah Uh"..."C'mon Now"..."Uhuh"..."Yeah baby"..."C'mon gurrll"..."Everybody on the dance floor"..."Awyite"..."Yeah Uhuh"..."Wooo!"..."Don't Stop"...(groan)...(grunt)...(Heavy breathing)...." Yeah uhuh woo!"...(again groans and grunts)..." Keep it going girl"..."yeah uh"...
- Stupid, dumb, misplaced questions
- People wrting huge huge comments and mails without caps-lock on. iT iS a pAiN.
- Putting a 'DJ' before your producer name. It's worse than naming yourself something as dumb as 'Alligator Project'.
Just passing thoughts on life...