L. Bangs' Current Crazy Wish List
Submitted by lbangs on Mon, 03/22/2004 - 13:40
- 1) That somebody will please piss Lou Reed off so we can get another masterwork in the raw style of New York (still probably my fave album of his solo years).
- 2) That Kathy Griffin will realize that no matter how many places she manages to pop up, nobody really cares.
- 3) That the attempt to pimp Joss Stone's Fell in Love With a Boy goes the way of Liz Phair's last album, which was also shoved down our throats.
- 4) That the wonderfully warped and talented Kelis kicks Britney and Christina's butts off of the diva throne.
- 5) That we'll see an SACD / CD hybrid release of the Beatles' albums as well done as Sony's glorious Bob Dylan discs.
- 6) That Prince can ride the new wave of attention to launch a killer album that leads to a true comeback.
- 7) That Plato's Apology becomes required reading the summer before college for all students.
- 8) That Joss Whedon would stop killing off my favorite characters from his shows (shame!).
- 9) That all art lovers were as adventurous and daring as the cool folks at Listology.
- 10) That a few more people will discover that Fyodor Dostoyevsky is quite possible the greatest novelist who ever lived.
A whim, and one I hope to update from time to time.