HOPPING ON THE BANDWAGON: my lyric list...IT'S GROWING AND GROWING
- 1. "the sun was setting to the left of the plane, the cabin was filled with an unearthly glow..." "stratford-on-guy", liz phair (L Bangs)
- 2. "dancing down the street with your suede-blue eyes", "my best friend's girl" the cars (MarkW)
- 3. "you had one eye in the mirror as you watched yourself gavotte" "you're so vain", carly simon (bertie)
- 4. "i saw you look like a japanese baby", "the walk" the cure (MarkW)
- 5. "last night i told a stranger all about you...he smiled patiently with disbelief"
- 6. "...they'll cut your dick in half, and serve it to a pig, and though it hurts you'll laugh, and dance a dickless jig..." (contributed by jenhowel-thanks, i think...) "la resistance" the people of southpark (MarkW)
- 7. "i could make a career of being blue, i could dress in black and read Camus, smoke clove cigarettes and drink vermouth, like i was seventeen that would be a scream...."
- 8. "we slip through the streets while everyone sleeps, getting bigger and sleaker and whiter and brighter", "lovecats" the cure (taryn)
- 9. "there's emptiness behind their eyes and dust in all their hearts, they just want to steal us all and take us all apart", "love my way" the psychedelic furs (jblack)
- 10. "i met a strange lady, she made me nervous, she took me in and gave me breakfast" "down under" men at work (ender22d and min)
- 11. "i'd like the doctor to take your picture so i can look at you from inside as well" "turning japanese" the vapors (bertie)
- 12. "If you dream of the girl for you, then call us and get two for the price of one." (contributed by jenhowel)
- 13. "if love is alive, why can't i touch it? does it feel like jell-o or a fire? i could tell by the taste it was not poison, but it sure did mess up my insides"
- 14. "i've seen your fairground hair, your seaside eyes, your vampire tooth, your little truth and your tiny lies"
- 15. "i see the truth when i'm all stupid-eyed" "the perfect drug" Nine Inch Nails (min)
- 16. "i don't know where my heart is, i don't know where my soul is" NELLY furtado "i'm like a bird" (ender22d)
- 17. "i'd like to beat you black and blue for the desperate things you made me do"
- ***NEW LYRICS BELOW***
- 18. between the horses of love and lust we are trampled/underfoot
- 19. it's like a dream/no end and no beginning
- 20. this bed is on fire! "laid" by james (guessed by jenhowel)
- 21. what's a boy in love supposed to do? "oh l'amour" by erasure (guessed by jgandcag?)
- 22. i'm standing in a windy tunnel/shouting through the roar/and i'd like to give the information you're asking for
- 23. take your big black boots and your buckles and your chains/put 'em on a downtown train
- 24. beauty's where you find it/not just where you bump and grind it "vogue" by madonna (guessed by jenhowel)
- 25. everybody sing, everybody dance/lose yourself in wild romance
- 26. thirteen month-old baby/broke the looking glass/seven years of bad luck
- 27. every second of the night/i live another life
- "these dreams" by heart (guessed by jenhowel)
- 28. i came in from the wilderness/a creature void of form "shelter from the storm" by bob dylan (guessed by Min)
****BIG CLUE a few of these lyrics just MIGHT be by a band called the magnetic fields...anybody heard of them?*********
this list is under construction. it's still a mini-list. i have hopes that it will grow and turn into one of those monster listology lists...i was browsing through the other lyric lists and thought it would be fun to jump on the bandwagon and create one of my own. i don't think these lyrics are that challenging so people should have an easy time guessing them. but i think it'll be fun. i'm still adding things....slowly
i'm really curious to see who will guess #3 (go bertie!)
i included #7 cause i just love the images it conjures up
#5, #7....any takers? wild guesses? i'll have to think of a clue. hmmm