Great Films on the IMDB's Top 50 Comedies List That May Contain a Little Humor But Really Aren't Comedies
- A Matter of Life and Death*
- Mr. Smith Goes to Washington*
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (Sure, there's some subtle humor, but definitely not a comedy)
- The Searchers (This one was most baffling to me. I've only seen it once, but I didn't remember any humor in it at all)
- Talk to Her (The silent movie scene is a masterpiece of bizarre humor, but that's pretty much all you get in this serious, poignant film.)
Well, it seems that I've gone beyond being simply a guy who watches a lot of comedies to becoming a comedy elitist. I was just checking out the IMDB's top 50 comedies list, and I found some definitely non-comedies on there. These films may contain some humor in them, but they really aren't comedies, despite what the IMDB may tell you.
Films with asterisks are ones I haven't seen, but I'm assuming they shouldn't be classified as comedies. I certainly could be wrong - feel free to disagree.