Great British Movies - my favourites.
Submitted by professor on Sat, 04/10/2004 - 09:59
- Truly, Madly, Deeply (1991) with Juliet Stephenson and Alan Rickman.
- Howards End (1992) with Anthony Hopkins and Emma Thompson.
- Remains Of The Day (1993) with Anthony Hopkins and Emma Thompson.
- Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994) with Hugh Grant and Andie MacDowell
- Sense and Sensibility (1995) with Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet.
- Notting Hill (1999) with Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts.
- If . . . (1968) with Malcolm McDowell.
- Henry V (1946) with Laurence Olivier.
A list somewhat biased towards the 90s. I know that other Listologists will add some further contenders. I considered a few others, such as Hitchcock's Rebecca with Laurence Olivier, but it transpired that they were not British-made.