Buddy's Current Addictions
Submitted by buddy on Tue, 06/07/2005 - 09:25
- Homemade butter - Easy to do, and oh so scrumptious. Put it on some crusty French bread, heaven. Put it on corn on the cob, heaven. See that no one's looking and just dip my finger in for a taste, heaven.
- Getting Things Done by David Allen - book. Stress-free productivity indeed.
- The Soldier Son Trilogy by Robin Hobb - Fantasy series - Not quite as gripping as her other 3 trilogies (Assassin series, Liveship Traders and Tawny Man), but her grasp of complex storytelling and ability to make concrete a world in which magic and nobility are the main subjects are astonishing.
- Knitting - I've been doing this for 1.5 years, and I'm already into designing my own stuff.
- Gardening - I grew up in a house without gardeners, but my boyfriend is English, and an ex-professional gardener. Who knew it wasn't this mysterious difficult skill? I'm obsessed with checking on my sweet peas and tomatoes.