Books I've Read for School [High School Edition]
Submitted by geek on Wed, 06/26/2002 - 05:25
- Books I hated reading:
- The Pearl , John Steinbeck - I don't like the way Steinback writes, and he can't hold my attention.
- Catcher In the Rye , J. D. Salinger - The main character in this book annoyed me so much; all he does is whine.
- Of Mice and Men , John Steinbeck - See The Pearl
- The Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglas - not really bad, just boring
- Books I enjoyed:
- The Stranger , Albert Camus - Possibly my favorite book. It affected me on so many levels.
- Hamlet , William Shakespeare - Definately the most well known literary work for a good reason.
- Wuthering Heights , Emily Bronte - I'm not sure which list this should go on because I only read the first half. I really liked the part I read, though.
- Macbeth , William Shakespeare - I can't believe I used to think Shakespeare was just boring. I've grown a lot since then.
- Huck Finn , Mark Twain - This was really good, I loved it.
- The Great Gatsby , F. Scott Fitzgerald - I finished this in one night, it was so good.
- Animal Farm , George Orwell - I enjoyed the book; it's pretty much required reading in school.
- The Color Purple , Alice Walker - It was hard for me to get into at first, but I enjoyed it.
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn , Betty Smith - This used to be my favorite book.
- To Kill A Mockingbird , Harper Lee - I read this a couple of times because I like it so much.
- Lord of the Flies , William Gerald Golding - My class always compared it to the The Lord of the Flies episode of The Simpsons.
- Night , Elie Wiesel - This book made me cry so much, and I never cry at books.
- Silas Marner , George Eliot