Another Lyric Challenge (Or how I learned to stop worrying and make my own list!)
- "She'd rather be alone than pretend" - solved!
- "I'd like to tell her that I love her a lot, but I gotta get a belly full of wine" - solved!
- "The sheep seem to shower, off this office tower" - solved!
- "She spent her money on a loaf of wonderbread and a can of beefaroni italian food today, what does she think when she pours herself a drink and she looks at me that way"
- "Blue canary in outlet by the light switch, who watches over you" - solved!
- "Singing songs about what I feel like inside, keeps me coming back for more"
- "Quietly turning her back door key, stepping outside she is free" - solved!
- "I always knew you'd leave me, let you string me along, I pretended to believe you so that I could write this song"
- "Please stay awhile, I know at first I seemed to busy, but now I'll take the time, stay and tell me one more story"
- "I'll see myself reflected in someone one I used to know, and I may look away and keep going home"
- "Oh can't you see, It's not for me, eating bean sprouts all day long and smoking pot out of a bong"
- "I can tell by the way you're looking at me, we'll be together tonight"
- "I never thought I could be happy, without you by my side"
- "10,000 miles from you, I'm sinking all alone, treading new waters, where is my buoy"
- "We wrote this song, it's not too short, not too long, It's got back-up voc's in just the right places"
- "Tried to share my world with you, you could not seem to tolerate"
- "Life is the crummiest book I ever read, there isn't a hook, just a lot of cheap shots, pictures to shock and characters an amateur would never dream up"
- "I really don't know much of anything at all, but I'll admit were all the same"
- "I meant to write it on the plane, high above my earthly pain, but I slept right through the flight and that was all"
- "I took a drive to a rich and wealthy country, Saw everything I wanted and everything I need, Went right up and tried to join their party, You oughta seen the look when they saw me"
- "Well I will hold this coin that, reminds me of the time when, you nearly kissed me blind on bathurst street, it's true"
Some are dead easy, some are a little more obscure, but all of them are my favourite songs of the moment.
Same old game - one point for song, one point for artist, one point for album, and 2 points for the next line in the song!
I'll post scores as you post answers. Good luck!
drtyhalo - 16 points
AAA - 2 points
Buddy - 3 Points