Actresses I've been told I look like
- Jennifer Anniston (Said by a friend that, from a spitting distance, I looked like Anniston during my "blonde phase;" also, as discussed, had the 'great Anniston shag' in 1995, which prompted strangers to point at me and say, "Friends").
- Claire Danes, as Angela Chase from My So Called Life (Once said to act like Chase. Danes and I also share the same birthday).
- Bridget Fonda (I wish--a complete overshot).
- Sara Gilbert (As Darlene Conner on Roseanne).
- Holly Hunter (I've only heard from one person, but I hate this one).
- Jennifer Jason Leigh
- Juliette Lewis ("You look like that actress who was in Who's Eating Gilbert Grape and Natural Born Killers, but just the eyes).
- Sabrina Lloyd, as character Wade Wells in seasons 1-3 of the TV show, Sliders (Eerie resemblence).
- Elisabeth Shue (I quote: "You look like the girl who nailed the 'Karate Kid").
- Mary Stuart Masterson, especially from Heaven Help Us.
- Frances McDormand (For the fatty bottom lip thing that she shares with Holly Hunter, probably prompting the unwelcome reference).
- Ally Sheedy, from The Breakfast Club.
- Jennifer Tilly in Bride of Chucky (I really don't know what to say about this one).
For the record, only one of these references, the Elisabeth Shue one, was unsolicited (although a few years back a friend claimed that a very blurry picture of me looked like Shue, but that's like seeing a plane in the sky and calling it a UFO).
Besides the anonymous many who heckled my hair-do, only one person, my nutter English chum, has said that I look like Anniston, and I believe he was taking the 'piss' out of me!
My ex-boyfriend and my step-mother and half-sister likened me to Danes' Chase. Said my sister, "She [Chase] is always saying things, like you, that most people just say in their head...wait, that's just the voice-over, that really is in her head."
Bridget Fonda reference by over-complimentary ex-boyfriend.
Sara Gilbert not really for the way she looks, but during Roseanne's heyday, given to me by my mother because of Conner's depressive sarcasm.
Holly Hunter given to me by ex-ex-boyfriend. I really dislike Holly Hunter! Sometimes, I have nightmares about her sex scenes in Crash and Jesus's Son. Yeeech! (Note: the fact I was given the reference and that I am forever haunted by Holly Hunter naked does not correspond in any way).
I started to believe that I look like Leigh myself--although the only attributes I believe we share are brown hair and eyes--after ex-boyfriend said I looked like the actress from Single White Female and I thought he referred to Leigh and not Fonda (see Bridget Fonda). But, dang, Leigh is such a great actor, and always going for those edgy roles! Don't burst my bubble!
Sabrina Lloyd is easily my closest match, but unfortunately, the guy friend I heard it from is the only one I've heard it from because he was the only one ever to watch Sliders.
Mary Stuart Masterson from Heaven Help Us, given by childhood girl friend and ex-boyfriend, better than Masterson from Benny and Joon.
Frances McDormand given by Coen brother fan and voracious movie-watcher ex-boyfriend.
Ally Sheedy is by far the most prevalant reference that I've received since fifth grade (The Breakfast Club to the present. At a bar many years ago, a guy swore I was Sheedy (but then again, there's that drunk thing again).
Jennifer Tilly, from Bride of Chucky, one of the last remarks made by boyfriend before he became ex. Not really, but I, to this day, still have the suspicion he was being underhanded...