5 Tom Hanks Movies the World would be better off without
- 5. Turner and Hooch. Its is pretty Bad when the Slobbering dog out acts everyone
- 4. Dragnet. I think that slobbering dog has outacted Dan Ackroyd in every movie he has ever made. Maybe my next list should be 5 decent Dan Ackroyd movies. Might be a tough List. What the heck was Hanks doing in this? It seemed like Ackroyd and Hanks were in 2 different movies.
- 3. Bonfire of the Vanities. Truly a great book, truly an awful movie. Bruce Willis at his worst. Why did anyone think Tom Hanks could play preppy?
- 2. Philadelphia. Aids and Homosexuality as a contrived plot device. How demeaning for the the makers of this movie, how embarrassing for Oscars to reward it.
- 1. Forrest Gump. I can not tell you how much I loathe this movie. I saw this movie with my future wife who like most people in the Theater cheered and cried. I cried too for other reasons. What a paint by numbers movie. There is no story. it is simply a bunch of scenes spliced together. Tom in the War cue Ant-war song, Tom as a hippie cue Jefferson Airplane song. It is a movie of sets, hairstyles and music. If you need to subject yourself, read the book, it too has flaws but at least it has some bite to it.
I was bored today at my new job and thought I would look to see if any of the best ofs for the past year had been written yet on the net. Searched and came up with this really cool Web site. This site rocks.
Despite my virgin entry, I love most movies. I adore most Music and have too many books that I can't live without.
I do like Tom Hanks. he was the best thing about "A league of their Own", I might be one of the only few who liked "Punchline" and "Joe versus the Volcano". "Big" and "Apollo 13" though somewhat trite are made enjoyable by Hanks.
Final note I have not been hearing good things about "Castaway". I know it is receiving critical praise but someone who's opinion I trust said "I didn't know which was longer his 4 years on the Island or The movie itself."