0031: Great Opening One-Two Punches
Submitted by lbangs on Mon, 03/26/2001 - 10:40
- Sergei Eisenstein - Strike, Potemkin
- Luis Bunuel - Un Chien Andalou, L'Age d'Or
- Orson Welles - Citizen Kane, The Magnificent Ambersons
- Joel Coen - Blood Simple, Raising Arizona
- Quentin Tarantino - Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction
- Whit Stillman - Metropolitan, Barcelona
- Marc Caro / Jean-Pierre Jeunet - Delicatessen, City of Lost Children
- Wachowski Brothers - Bound, The Matrix
- Darren Aronofsky - Pi, Requiem for a Dream
- Francois Truffaut - The 400 Blows, Shoot the Piano Player
- Mike Nichols - Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, The Graduate
- Brad Bird - The Iron Giant, The Incredibles
These directors have started their careers with two good feature films, making them a rare club who opened their lives as directors with a terrific one-two punch.
I'm open for suggestions!