0028: Part 2 - L. Bangs' Great Lyric Challenge
- 5. Don't like to see your face / Don't like to hear you talk at all
- 8. Looking for a man with a focus and a temper
- 10. Plan to go to America when I get a Visa card
- 1. Still, I'd rather be famous / Than righteous or holy - Frankly, Mr. Shankly, The Smiths (G: taryn)
- 2. Now you're talking in headlines / Up to the minute and free - She Sells, Roxy Music (G: tiburon77)
- 3. We'll kill the fatted calf tonight / So stick around - Bennie and The Jets, Elton John (G: SFragile)
- 4. The only things a gambler needs / Is a suitcase and a trunk (Most famous version, please) - House Of The Rising Sun, The Animals (G: lilzoe)
- 6. Without saying a word, this voice I heard / "Give up the funk, you punk!" - Unfunky UFO, Parliament (G: jgandcag)
- 7. Everybody's green - You Can't Do That, The Beatles (G: SFragile)
- 9. He said his name was Columbus / I just said, "Good luck" - Bob Dylan's 115th Dream, Bob Dylan (G:?)
- 11. Weave my disgust into fame / And watch how fast they run to the flame - Help Me Mary, Liz Phair (G: jenhowel)
- 12. For Teresa is a waitress / Though she's now known as Juanita - Tokyo Storm Warning, Elvis Costello & the Attractions (G: MarkW)
- 13. Another little girl was Sally Joy / The other was me, and I'm a boy - I'm a Boy, The Who (G: SFragile)
- 14. They got their surfboards and they're going to the discotheque au go go - Sheena Is a Punk Rocker, The Ramones (G: SFragile)
You couldn't call it unexpected - Here is the second great lyric challenge. Please be patient! I will add more as I get the chance.
Again, most (not all) of these are from famous artists, but not all are from singles. I've limited the list to pop / rock / soul / rap lyrics, but I think you'll find quite a variety. I'll add more soon.
Note: Only one quote will be used per artist.
I'm thrilled to take suggestions; just be careful and try to follow my 'one quote per artist' rule, and try to submit quotes by either famous or critically respected artists. A quote from an Ace of Base B-side or an As Divine Grace bootleg will probably remained unguessed forever (heck, I have Jimi Hendrix and Prince quotes still unguessed on my other list!). If you have any doubts, email me at email@example.com to clear it. If you clear a lyric through me, I promise not to guess at it. ;) Also, please note the length of the average quote; half a verse is not appropriate!
One last note: I have very limited internet access on the weekend, so please don't give up hope if you post a guess on Saturday. I'll answer by early Monday at the latest.
SFragile - 4
lilzoe - 1
taryn - 1
jenhowel - 1
MarkW - 1
jgandcag - 1
tiburon77 - 1