You know you're a grad student in science when...
Submitted by karan129 on Wed, 03/23/2011 - 19:29
- I've shifted this to my website. You can find the latest version at
- You know you're a grad student in science when...
- You ask your professor a question and you're told you'll have to take an entire course to get answer that question.
- Your professor writes a blackboard spanning equation and then tells you to be grateful that you can actually solve the problem at hand.
- People who are not grad students in science are 'normal' people.
- You can't explain what you study anymore to these 'normal' people.
- When you do try to explain what you do, people think you're not speaking in English.
- After a point, you don't think you're talking in English either.
- You can do multivariable calculus, second order differential equations, perform Taylor expansions with perfect ease, but you can't do the bill at a restaurant.
- Life feels like a choice between having a life and getting good grades.
- There are hardly any girls in your classes. Or if you're a girl, there are only guys in your classes :p
- People think you're smart for some reason.
- Read the rest of this at http://www.karangill.com/you-know-youre-a-grad-student-in-science-when.html