Songs that take a turn going 'round in my mind for more than 2 days
- Waltzing Matilda
- Yesterday When I Was Young (Roy Clark)
- Ruby (Kenny Rogers)
- Leaning on the Everlasting Arm (Gospel Hymn)
- Out of My Dreams (from Oklahoma!)
- Super Trooper (Abba)
Circle of several songs for several days:
- I'm Getting Married in the Morning (from My Fair Lady)
- Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring (Christmas music)
- The Friendly Beasts (Christmas music)
- Once in Royal David's City (Christmas music)
Circle of several songs for several days sounding like choirs:
It happens in waves. I don't know why any particular song will get stuck in my head. I don't know why it will stop. I just realize, first, that I keep thinking the words and music. Then I become aware that it is no longer playing there. It may be replaced by another song but, more often, just with quiet. It seems to happen more in the summer than in the winter.
I can't explain it. I just observe it. And now share it.
The Christmas music medely are songs from a recent Christmas concert I attended. I can't fathom why "I'm getting married in the morning" joined the medely.