• Greatest Albums Extended List [rated 7.8/10+] (in progress)   7 weeks 5 hours ago

Uh oh, poor MC5, lost another passenger in their Starship :-( .... :-)

• Greatest Albums Extended List [rated 7.8/10+] (in progress)   7 weeks 6 hours ago

I'm afraid I don't like Kick Out the Jams nearly as much as I used to XP

• List of Must-Watch Movies   7 weeks 9 hours ago

I see. I've only watched Waar (which I wouldn't recommend unless you just want an enjoyable time pass).

• National Anthem of Pakistan   7 weeks 9 hours ago

Nice. I live in Lahore.

• Longest Song Titles Ever   7 weeks 10 hours ago

"you might think he loves you for your money but i know what he really loves you for it's your band new leopard skin pillbox hat" Death Grips

• Three Hundred and Three Favorite Films   7 weeks 1 day ago

I have watched only a few films from this decade, so I am the one who should be asking for recommendations actually. Anyway, the only one I've watched that I could call a masterpiece would be The Grand Budapest Hotel.

• Top 10 Movies & Albums of the Week [plus other misc works of art] (2013)   7 weeks 1 day ago

Thanks for the recommendations. The only problem is now I can't wait to watch those.

EDIT: Watched Taste of Cherry today. It was great, though the ending was jarring as hell. However, I'm sure I'll get more used to it, as well as the sparseness of the movie in general, on future viewings. Where is the Friend's Home sounds interesting too.

I think you'll rate it at least 7/10 on a re-watch, AfterHours!

• National Anthem of Pakistan   7 weeks 1 day ago

I live in Karachi.

• List of Must-Watch Movies   7 weeks 1 day ago

I have not seen any yet. I do plan to. :)

• List of Must-Watch Movies   7 weeks 1 day ago

Interesting choices. Besides Khuda Kay Liye, which other recent Pakistani movies have you watched?

• National Anthem of Pakistan   7 weeks 1 day ago

Where in Pakistan do you happen to live?

• Rock : The Greatest Male Vocalists   7 weeks 2 days ago

I used to feel the same way. Iggy usually comes off as a stupid confused freak. His solo career is mostly pointless and mediocre. Surprisingly, he was a genius vocalist back in the Stooges days, specially on Fun House . Listen to that album's title track once more. It's uncanny.

• Rock : The Greatest Male Vocalists   7 weeks 2 days ago

What.

• Rock : The Greatest Male Vocalists   7 weeks 2 days ago

Iggy Pop at no. 3 is very surprising to me. I've always felt he was by far the weakest link musically in the Stooges.

• Songs With Women's Names in the Title   7 weeks 2 days ago

Did not see:

Ginny Take A Ride - Mitch Rider and the Detroit Wheels
    Short Fat Fanny - artist unknown
    Bony Maroni - artist unknown

• Rock : The Most Underrated Albums   7 weeks 3 days ago

Well I do love Histoire de Melody Nelson and now that you mention it I can see the influence on trip-hop. I can't add it here because apparently Pitchfork and many other publications have written extremely positive reviews about it (there are two 10/10 reviews mentioned on the wikipedia page! I honestly did not expect so much critical acclaim). I added La Question per your recommendation. Thanks :)

• Top 10 Movies, Music & Miscellaneous Art of the Week (2014)   7 weeks 4 days ago

Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, Mean Streets, After Hours, King of Comedy, Goodfellas, Casino, The Departed, Wolf of Wall Street, Gangs of New York ... rest are probably below 7 or I just haven't seen them yet or need to see them again.

Scorsese film rankings?

• Rock : 100 Greatest Albums   7 weeks 4 days ago

"the way the saxophone enters the album on 1970 blows my mind every time" That's my favourite moment! The song is already great before that part, and after it it just gets totally wild. Agreed about Iggy as well, his performance is consistently badass.

WL/WH exists in its own world though.

• Spam Patrol   7 weeks 5 days ago

2014-08-24: 029 accounts
    2014-08-23: 049 accounts, 00 comments, 16 pages
    2014-08-22: 152 accounts
    2014-08-20: 077 accounts, 02 comments, 05 pages
    2014-08-19: 077 accounts, 00 comments, 02 pages
    2014-08-18: 089 accounts, 00 comments, 01 pages
    2014-08-17: 095 accounts <= started blocking IPs and email domains via user access rules
    2014-08-16: 155 accounts
    2014-08-05: 110 accounts, 02 comments
    2014-08-04: 161 accounts, 02 comments
    2014-08-03: 123 accounts
    2014-08-02: 151 accounts
    2014-08-01: 108 accounts

• Rock : 100 Greatest Albums   7 weeks 5 days ago

Me too. I have liked it for years but recently I got totally immersed in its vibe and found out how great every moment of it is. Iggy is a GOD on every song, the way the saxophone enters the album on 1970 blows my mind every time, TV Eye is one of the sexiest songs I've ever heard, every song is a minor or major masterpiece and the title-track is so unbelievably great that it's easily one the 10 best rock songs ever.
    I even thought of putting at #1 but Sister Ray said I shouldn't do that! :)

• 10 Paintings and others   7 weeks 6 days ago

Thanks. It would be a better selection if i'd visited more galleries in France or even been to Italy. This list is mostly made up of paintings i've seen in the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium and Austria. Hopefully i'll visit the Louvre next year.

• 10 Paintings and others   7 weeks 6 days ago

_

• My Favorite Albums (8.25+/10)   7 weeks 6 days ago

Love experiencing sudden epiphanies like that :)

• My Favorite Albums (8.25+/10)   8 weeks 6 hours ago

I think it was a matter of not having paid attention before, and/or not being able to listen to the album as a whole (I don't really remember why). Late at night, being tired as hell, it was just easier to get lost in the album. It totally felt like a mad rollercoaster ride :D (Not that I've ever been on a rollercoaster, haha)