• Rock : The Most Underrated Albums   7 weeks 2 hours ago

Well I do love Histoire de Melody Nelson and now that you mention it I can see the influence on trip-hop. I can't add it here because apparently Pitchfork and many other publications have written extremely positive reviews about it (there are two 10/10 reviews mentioned on the wikipedia page! I honestly did not expect so much critical acclaim). I added La Question per your recommendation. Thanks :)

• Top 10 Movies, Music & Miscellaneous Art of the Week (2014)   7 weeks 20 hours ago

Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, Mean Streets, After Hours, King of Comedy, Goodfellas, Casino, The Departed, Wolf of Wall Street, Gangs of New York ... rest are probably below 7 or I just haven't seen them yet or need to see them again.

• Top 10 Movies, Music & Miscellaneous Art of the Week (2014)   7 weeks 1 day ago

Scorsese film rankings?

• Rock : 100 Greatest Albums   7 weeks 1 day ago

"the way the saxophone enters the album on 1970 blows my mind every time" That's my favourite moment! The song is already great before that part, and after it it just gets totally wild. Agreed about Iggy as well, his performance is consistently badass.

WL/WH exists in its own world though.

• Spam Patrol   7 weeks 1 day ago

2014-08-24: 029 accounts
    2014-08-23: 049 accounts, 00 comments, 16 pages
    2014-08-22: 152 accounts
    2014-08-20: 077 accounts, 02 comments, 05 pages
    2014-08-19: 077 accounts, 00 comments, 02 pages
    2014-08-18: 089 accounts, 00 comments, 01 pages
    2014-08-17: 095 accounts <= started blocking IPs and email domains via user access rules
    2014-08-16: 155 accounts
    2014-08-05: 110 accounts, 02 comments
    2014-08-04: 161 accounts, 02 comments
    2014-08-03: 123 accounts
    2014-08-02: 151 accounts
    2014-08-01: 108 accounts

• Rock : 100 Greatest Albums   7 weeks 2 days ago

Me too. I have liked it for years but recently I got totally immersed in its vibe and found out how great every moment of it is. Iggy is a GOD on every song, the way the saxophone enters the album on 1970 blows my mind every time, TV Eye is one of the sexiest songs I've ever heard, every song is a minor or major masterpiece and the title-track is so unbelievably great that it's easily one the 10 best rock songs ever.
    I even thought of putting at #1 but Sister Ray said I shouldn't do that! :)

• 10 Paintings and others   7 weeks 3 days ago

Thanks. It would be a better selection if i'd visited more galleries in France or even been to Italy. This list is mostly made up of paintings i've seen in the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium and Austria. Hopefully i'll visit the Louvre next year.

• 10 Paintings and others   7 weeks 3 days ago

_

• My Favorite Albums (8.25+/10)   7 weeks 3 days ago

Love experiencing sudden epiphanies like that :)

• My Favorite Albums (8.25+/10)   7 weeks 3 days ago

I think it was a matter of not having paid attention before, and/or not being able to listen to the album as a whole (I don't really remember why). Late at night, being tired as hell, it was just easier to get lost in the album. It totally felt like a mad rollercoaster ride :D (Not that I've ever been on a rollercoaster, haha)

• My Favorite Albums (8.25+/10)   7 weeks 3 days ago

That moment when Rock Bottom fully reveals itself to another lucky soul :-)

• Favorite Movies   7 weeks 5 days ago

I've seen most of his films I guess. The ones I have not seen are: Dune, Wild at Heart, Twin Peaks and The Straight Story. My favorite Lynch movie is Lost Highway, followed by Eraserhead and Mulholland Drive (I have to re-watch Inland Empire sometime).

I think he's a spectacular actor as well. His appearance in the three-episode "Late Show" arc on Louie was priceless.

• 10 Paintings and others   7 weeks 5 days ago

Nice to see another paintings list around these parts :-) Great choices too!

• Citizen Kane-Welles (1941) -- Full Review & Analysis - PART 3 (IN PROGRESS)   7 weeks 6 days ago

To clarify, I do have notes re-done for the rest of the film, but there is still a lot of work to do to compile them into the complete analysis.

• Every animated movie ever created (alphabetical)   7 weeks 6 days ago

This list helped me find a movie I've been searching for, for over 10 years! THANK YOU whoever made this list! :) :)

• Comedy Central 100 Greatest Standups of all Time   8 weeks 2 hours ago

People who are or were able to be funny and make others laugh may be different than "pure" stand up comedians, who can be in front of an audience all alone. My list is based on degree of influence, and how often they worked in stand up.

1. Jonathan Winters
    10. Robert Klein
    11. Bill Hicks
    12. George Burns
    13. Moms Mabley
    14. Jack E. Leonard
    15. Cheech & Chong

Of course, I am thankful to everyone of the great talents, listed and unlisted who had the courage to make others laugh.

• Greatest Paintings of All Time (in-progress)   8 weeks 2 hours ago

Also, Albright's "The Picture of Dorian Gray" http://scaruffi.com/art/history/mod103.pdf

• Favorite Movies   8 weeks 3 hours ago

re:"the existence of corresponding shots and dialogues that mirror each other in the two halves of the film"...Ah yes, the "We met at Moke's" scenes come to mind. I also like how it comes full circle with "Dick Laurent is dead".

Which other Lynch movies have you seen?

• Favorite Movies   8 weeks 5 hours ago

Ebert I believe actually gave it two stars.

• Top 10 Movies, Music & Miscellaneous Art of the Week (2014)   8 weeks 11 hours ago

Apart from I Just Want to See His Face. I just don't get that track yet! :/

• Greatest Paintings of All Time (in-progress)   8 weeks 12 hours ago

Looks like he has a separate, downloadable, more-revised version. Of what I recommended last year, he has also added:

Sequeiros' "Collective Suicide" and Tchelitchew's "Phenomena" http://scaruffi.com/art/history/mod103.pdf
    Grosz' "Metropolis" http://scaruffi.com/art/history/mod101.pdf
    Bernard Heisig (though not the "Man, War & Old Painter" selection that I currently consider his best work and also recommended to him), Ernst Fuchs "Christ Before Pilate", Dia Al-Aziwa's "Sabra and Shitila Massacre", and Otto Rapp's "Bogomil's Court" http://scaruffi.com/art/history/mod301.pdf

In addition to checking those out, I highly recommend reading through the whole thing. It's a relatively quick way to learn quite a bit about painting/visual arts.

• Every animated movie ever created (alphabetical)   8 weeks 22 hours ago

Hi all,
    I am looking for a short film that was shown on the cable channel pixl or a channel like it for a time.
    I don't remember much just that it was beautiful and the man was dressed in some type of armor and he loved this woman. They are standing on some type of bridge when they hug the whole place freezes. It's in space or something.
    I found the name of it right after I saw it but have forgotten. The short is less than 10 yrs old. Thank you for your help.

• Greatest Paintings of All Time (in-progress)   8 weeks 1 day ago

Last December I posted:

"A possible point of interest: Yesterday I emailed Scaruffi, recommending him about 15-20 paintings from the 8.8/10+ section of this list, and he appreciated it and said he'd take a look at them. Today he added paintings by Tchelitchew (including "Hide and Seek"), and the very unknown Petre Velicu (including "Gloria"). I am curious to see if he adds the rest, but either way it's cool to see him promoting these amazing works. Velicu in particular is VERY under recognized."

Since then Scaruffi has added: Shalha Rosa and "The Triumph of Andre Breton and Surrealism", Joshua Hagler's "The Mind Recededs the Blood is Wise the Soundless Mouth is Open" and Zazie's "When the Eye of Pandora's Mask Screams" (including Zazie's real name which is Evi Moechel). Check out his whole history and series of works -- the scope of his work is, as usual, awe-inspiring -- but those I mention above are just the ones he's added from my recommendations.

• Citizen Kane-Welles (1941) -- Full Review & Analysis - PART 3 (IN PROGRESS)   8 weeks 1 day ago

I am hoping to get around to this during my current round of film viewings, when I re-watch Kane. The barrier is just how time consuming doing such a complete analysis on C Kane is. If my original draft from here to the end of the film hadn't been erased when my laptop shut down, then I would've been done a long time ago. That took hours to put together and the idea of having to re-assemble it, virtually shot-to-shot, isn't exactly my idea of a great time... ;)

• Most Invigorating Albums (Rock/Jazz) [in-progress]   8 weeks 1 day ago

Yes, they should probably be on here. I've only added films from my 8.8+ list so far, but of course, there are several lesser rated albums that deserve to placed among those. I'll add in the below-8.8's starting soon.