• Every animated movie ever created (alphabetical)   7 weeks 4 days ago

Hello all,
    I am looking for the same movie too. I can add some more details to this. The movie involves droid spiders which enter into the brain of their victims through their forehead, while they are sleeping and turn them to their slaves (The king of the planet falls that way). The girl fights the invaders off while she protects a little boy. She has silver green (if I am right) hair and she wilds a Katana sword. At the end she hides the boy in some kind of caves and she tries to the very end for saving him. When she understands that she's already become a droid she takes the fight to the leader causing this huge explosion. I also believe it was created in the late 80's...
    Thank you for any help you can provide for the title of this movie.

• Songs with days of the week in the title, please add more!   7 weeks 4 days ago

For all days of the week:
    Nick Lowe- 7 Nights Of Rock
    Etta James- Seven Day Fool
    Individual days:
    Marshall Crenshaw- Monday Morning Rock
    The Verve- Make It Till Monday
    The Pogues- Tuesday Morning
    Stone Temple Pilots- Church On Tuesday
    Primal Scream- Gentle Tuesday (on Rhino'sChildren Of Nuggets Box Set)
    The Undertones- Wednesday Week
    Joe Ely- Treat Me Like A Saturday Night
    John Fogerty- Almost Saturday Night
    Nick Drake- Saturday Sun
    The Monkees- Saturday's Child
    Etta James- Sunday Kind Of Love
    The Doors- Blue Sunday
    The Commodores- Easy (Like A Sunday Morning)
    Nick Drake- Sunday
    Van Halen- Sunday Afernoon In The Park
    Spanky And The Gang- Sunday Mornin'
    Blur- Sunday Sunday
    Jethro Tull- My Sunday Feeling
    Paul McCartney- Heaven On A Sunday
    Billlie Holliday- Gloomy Sunday

• IGN's Top 100 Video Games (2005)   7 weeks 5 days ago

The Top 3 is spot-on, but there are waaay too many crap choices to take IGN's list seriously. I mean, Star Wars: TIE Fighter greater than Super Mario Bros. 3? GTFO.

• Why it's Hard To Listen To Trance.   7 weeks 5 days ago

"Emo spawned from Classic rock" LOL, a five year old electronic musictard would say. I'm so proud of ya for being 3dUc4t3d.

• Top 100 Glam/Hair Bands   7 weeks 5 days ago

Sweet List... \m/-_+\m/

• Rolling Stone: 100 Greatest Artists of All Time: The Immortals   7 weeks 6 days ago

Heavy metal is a genre of rock n roll, a very overworked genre. Don't get me wrong, it should exist, just in not such a vast quantity lacking quality. When people here and elsewhere say "so-and-so saved rock n roll at this critical juncture," they usually mean it was saved from a ton of bad pop and a ton of bad heavy metal. I thought it was time you knew.

With all due respect, I pretty much agree with RS on that one.

Pink Floyd weren't that wonderful.

Let me tell you exactly how Kurt Cobain and Nirvana did save rock n roll at that point, though it's fairly obvious to people who aren't teenagers. The Eighties were absolutely the worst decade of rock n roll ever, virtually solid garbage, and Cobain saved it by writing a decent song, which thrilled those who hadn't heard one for a long time. After Cobain inexplicably killed himself, the garbage resumed and continues to this day.

And their fanbase is annoying.

It's pretty sad when the choices of You All make Rolling Stone's choices look good in comparison. And they have a pretty poor list. If you really think Nirvana is "not good," I don't know what to say to you. How about: Switch to jazz, you don't get this concept.

RS goofed it, but some of the suggestions here aren't much better. There can be zero agreement where rock is concerned, this is just more proof.

Nirvana is a great band, and the stuff that ALL of you say should be there instead doesn't impress me.

Uh, guys? You can stop crying about The Ramones being "omitted", because there they are at #26, and I would have put them at #2, frankly. Sure, these guys don't like Nirvana because he came to expressly get rid of THEIR BANDS, and was successful in many cases. Too bad he died, look at the mess we have now. As for Pink Floyd, Queen and Van Halen being omitted, I could care less because I never liked them. But it's pretty weird that Creedence Clearwater Revival was omitted, what was the brilliant reasoning behind that? LOL, I don't know who these weird cats are at RS, but thanks for omitting Floyd and Queen. No, really.

And Pink Floyd too.

That's a shame. I liked it when they were excluded.

You are so wrong. Dylan only wrote good lyrics, his music was unimpressive.

See above.

Don't press that save button too many times or this may happen.

Don't press that save button too many times or this may happen.

Well, Elton John is on every goshdarned list, but I still don't like him. His appeal totally eludes me. These outraged comments about Michael Jackson not being higher just make me laugh. His artistic output, his "music," was atrocious, just atrocious, it was the slickest of slick disposable pop, who gives a damn if he danced well, he was just a big personality cult like Chairman Mao. When he got that best selling album of all time, I began to wonder if there was a God. And he should not be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, whatever he did.

At least they had the good sense not to put Neil Diamond and Billy Joel here. Unlike the Hall of Fame. What's all this slagging of Nirvana about? They got rid of a lot of bad Hair Metal, that's why people like them so much. I'm sorry, but you Metal Heads are somewhat irritating. That's kind of a Plodding genre generally. And Zep fans, here's a clue. Your band is not God, they are NOT better than the Beatles, they are not even better than Hendrix, they had a few good songs and the rest was kind of somnolent. Vastly overrated and pretentious. Just because a lot of people liked them doesn't make them good. Stairway to Heaven is dire, I can barely stand to hear the opening bars, you guys are obviously YOUNG if you glorify this brontosaurus over The Beatles, who actually were good. Just incomprehensible that they get lionized, they weren't much.

Hmm. You can sure tell Jann Wenner controls the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. This list has something to Irritate everyone. What do I think of the Top Ten? 1.) The Beatles: Of course, no brainer; 2.) Bob Dylan: Great words, insipid music, should be lower; 3.) Elvis Presley: He gets brownie points for being the King, but artistically considered he should be lower; 4.) Rolling Stones: Definite Yes; 5.) Chuck Berry: Definite Yes; 6.) Hendrix: Definite Yes, and should be higher; 7.) James Brown: Well, he is good, but should be lower; 8.) Little Richard: He's great, I don't know about Top Ten; 8.) Aretha Franklin: She did Respect, what else? Should be lower; 10.) Ray Charles: He's good, but not Top Ten good, put lower. Regardless of what RS thinks, Nirvana are every bit that good and should be higher. The Who, The Doors, Velvet Underground, and The Ramones are all top ten bands, as far as I'm concerned. I barely like Zep, I don't like Queen or Pink Floyd at all. Come to think of it, I would have left off U2 as well. LOL!

• Films Seen: Listology Scoreboard 2014   8 weeks 1 day ago

Update #06 (10 February) - Changes in the top 10: McJoJo (6->4), kaplan (4->5), dashforcover (8->6), danvers (5->7), Puzzgal (7->8) & bpchicky (9-8). The leader is still mightysparks, followed by tom_elce and loonapick. mightysparks has an average of more than 3 films/day. As a matter of fact, that was already the case at update #05, but I failed to notice it. My aopologies! tom_elce has an average of more than 2 films/day, whereas the players from 3 to 9 have seen more than 1 film/day.
    I saw 6 films and, as predicted, I went down: from 4 to 5.

• They Shoot Pictures, Don't They?: 1,000 Greatest Films: 2003 edition onwards   8 weeks 2 days ago

2014 edition is online.

New entries:
    There's Always Tomorrow
    They Died with Their Boots On
    Bienvenido Mister Marshall
    Abschied von gestern - (Anita G.)
    Limite
    Portrait of Jennie
    Ride Lonesome
    Winchester '73
    News from Home
    La mujer sin cabeza
    2046
    Female Trouble
    The Man in the White Suit
    Häxan
    The Verdict
    Before Sunset
    Nan guo zai jian, nan guo
    Nóz w wodzie

La commune (Paris, 1871)
    Yellow Submarine
    Amor de Perdição
    A Movie
    Beyond the Valley of the Dolls
    Minamata: Kanja-san to sono sekai
    Le fond de l'air est rouge
    Das Boot
    El topo
    Yuki Yukite shingun
    Empire

So now it's very possible to finish the current list. Art of Vision and Amor de Perdicao are gone. I've got 11 titles left, so I'll finish this list by the end of next week or so.