• Greatest Films - Extended List   7 weeks 3 days ago

About your list I miss these titles
    2.Metropolis-Lang (1927) ["The Complete Metropolis", 147 minutes]
    4.Brazil-Gilliam (1985) [The Final Cut, 142 minutes]
    5.Nostalghia-Tarkovsky (1983)
    10.The Kingdom-Von Trier (1994)
    11.Greed-Von Stroheim (1924) [Studio Cut, 140 minutes]
    16.Landscape in the Mist-Angelopoulos (1988)
    25.The Traveling Players-Angelopoulos (1975)
    31.The Color of Paradise-Majidi (1998)
    37.The Cook, The Thief, His Wife & Her Lover-Greenaway (1989)
    41.City of Lost Children-Jeunet (1995)
    44.Miracle in Milan-De Sica (1951)
    45.The Man With A Movie Camera-Vertov (1928)
    51.Earth-Dovzhenko (1930)
    52.Satantango-Tarr (1994)
    54.Wings of Desire-Wenders (1987)
    58.Zardoz-Boorman (1972)
    61.12 Monkeys-Gilliam (1995)
    62.Dr. Akagi-Imamura (1998)
    64.The Blue Angel-Von Sternberg (1930)
    69.Europa-Von Trier (1991)
    71.Secret Ceremony-Losey (1968)
    Viridiana
    86.La Strada-Fellini (1954)
    87.Eternity and a Day-Angelopoulos (1998)
    91.The Last Laugh-Murnau (1924)
    92.A Face in the Crowd-Kazan (1957)
    93.Reservoir Dogs-Tarantino (1992)
    94.Leon: The Professional-Besson (1994)
    95.Close Encounters of the Third Kind-Spielberg (1977)
    96.The Seven Samurai-Kurosawa (1954)
    97.To Be or Not To Be-Lubitsch (1947)
    98.Why Has Bodhi-Dharma Left for the East?-Yong-kyun (1989)
    101.Hard Boiled-Woo (1992)
    104.The Road Warrior-Miller (1981)
    107.Dead Man-Jarmusch (1995)
    108.Sansho the Bailiff-Mizoguchi (1954)
    110.The Pillow Book-Greenaway

• Most Invigorating Films (in progress)   7 weeks 4 days ago

Yes, I don't know where I'd place it, but it would probably fit somewhere on here. I need to update this list, as well as my other films lists. All of it is I/P right now.

• Top 10 Movies, Music & Miscellaneous Art of the Week (2014)   7 weeks 4 days ago

I actually haven't seen it yet but almost did a couple weeks ago. I would rate the suspense of wondering how good it might be a 7.1/10 :-) ... Seriously though, what did you think? Would you recommend it?

I'd be interested to know what you think of The Wolf Of Wall Street.

• Most Invigorating Films (in progress)   7 weeks 4 days ago

The Truman Show?

• Every animated movie ever created (alphabetical)   7 weeks 4 days ago

Please please help me! I've been looking for this animation for years! YEARS I TELL YOU YEARS!
    it was a short clip like an ad for the movie that's in this other movie that im about to watch. its confusing i know. It was a short clip. but its a movie for sure! I hope so. I think its a really old movie so im sorry if it takes you to think but I've been looking for this movie since forever and i need to watch it. so please please help me!
    here's how it all went down:

I remember faintly, there's this Princess that was forced to marry this Prince/Pirate. I wasnt sure about the guy but he was a leader of a gang and it was on a flying ship. There's this other guy that's trying to save the Princess from the forced marriage with his buddies i think. in the short clip the girl yells "Hurry (Name) and Save me! " . That's mostly what all i remembered. if you need further detail please contact me at erinjames999@gmail.com. I will try to give my best to give more details. PLEASE HELP PLEASE!

• Films Seen: Listology Scoreboard 2014   7 weeks 5 days ago

I'm slow with watching lately but still participating :)

• 101 Things in 1001 Days June 29, 2014 to March 26, 2017   7 weeks 5 days ago

U havnt been on a date?

• Hip Hop & Other Music Personalities That Have 'Liked' My Pictures On Instagram   8 weeks 9 hours ago

masta ace? damn

• Top 10 Movies, Music & Miscellaneous Art of the Week (2014)   8 weeks 1 day ago

My experience with his pre-Starsailor albums was a pleasant one but I didn't come across any real masterpieces (although some of his songs are perfect and Happy/Sad is a damn fine album). Beefheart on the other hand just keeps getting better every year. Currently 3 masterpieces and I wouldn't be surprised if Safe as Milk someday ends up in my 9/10 albums too.

Good call. Buckley is possibly the single most extraordinary artist in rock history

• Every animated movie ever created (alphabetical)   8 weeks 1 day ago

(((((((((((((((((HELP)))))))))))))))))))

I can't find a movie I wach when I was a kid. I think around the first time I watched Akira.
    I don't remember much but I'll try and explain what I do.
    I remember a part where their is a girl ( half or full robot/cyborg/android) and another boy I think she likes. He at one stage is killed some how and she attaches herself to his head or something to keep him alive?

Also I remember a part where he is running up these Hugh cables or pylons on an angle that look like they are supporting a city in the sky, kinda over the old city. And these metal rings with spikes come flying down the huge ropes or pylons and the boy jumps one and is hit by another? Cutting his foot off I think?

Man I was young but for some reason I've always remembered.

I re-listened to Starsailor one or two days ago, and it keeps getting better. I've started loving Moulin Rouge as well! I'm gonna be checking out a few discographies such as Beefheart's, Pere Ubu's (till 1982), Zappa's, and Primus' to find more masterpieces, maybe I should add Tim to that list as well.

• Top 10 Movies, Music & Miscellaneous Art of the Week (2014)   8 weeks 2 days ago

Yes, it is :-) Don't think I've heard any full albums past Starsailor -- just some songs I think.

Isn't Starsailor just one of the greatest things ever? I'm thinking about delving into Buckley's sex-funk period (specially Greetings From L.A. which came right after Starsailor) since he seems to have reached a very radical point of transition with Starsailor (those vocal acrobatics on Down by the Borderline are just... I mean, HOLY SHIT!). You have any experience with his later albums?

• My Favorite Music   8 weeks 2 days ago

I've been trying forever to find a download link for Jimmy Bell's Still in Town but can't seem to find anything. How did you get the album?

• Rock Masterpieces : 100 Best Albums   8 weeks 2 days ago

I heard it. Wow! Didn't expect the production to be this amazing. The album's sound is fantastic.

Right now I'm unsure about how much I'll end up liking it (I only listen to an album when I totally feel like listening to it. These day I'm kind of stuck on Trout Mask Replica). Based on what you said, I'll add "There Was a Time" to my playlist as this album's quintessential track. Thanks for the good suggestion and description!

----------------

Update: The first listen was the best. The production is still fantastic but for me it lost its novelty value over time. I'm not particularly fond of neither the musical compositions nor the lyrics. I guess this album is just not my sort of thing. Your reference to Original Sin is apt. They have aimed for a similar vibe here. I enjoy both of these albums just about the same but I respect Original Sin much more than Chinese Democracy. To me Original Sin is an extremely flawed potential masterpiece that's ruined by the excessively melodramatic overproduction whereas on Chinese Democracy the production is the best factor.

• Music Ratings & Notes   8 weeks 2 days ago

Listened to it a bunch of times. As of now I gotta say it somehow interests me more than Pawn Hearts. When listening to Pawn Hearts there are moments when I have a rather hard time seperating genuine emotion from sheer pomp. But Godbluff sounds more personal, much more tasteful and definitely more powerful. Comparable to Red indeed, although maybe not as agressive (there are moments on Red that practically sound like heavy metal... God I need to listen to it again sometime. I do miss it). I can see Godbluff becoming a favorite over time.

• My Top 10 Albums   8 weeks 3 days ago

I actually need to update this. I've been busy editing my other ones.

• Piero Scaruffi's Top Albums - Ones I've Collected   8 weeks 3 days ago

Oh...should have noticed I forgot that one.

And yep, I've listened to that one.

• My Top 10 Albums   8 weeks 3 days ago

I don't think Abbey Road is underrated at all. By Rolling Stone perhaps, but generally I don't think so. Anyways, nice list. I completely agree with you on Pet Sounds that some of the standouts are "the less-known ones", such as You Still Believe in Me and tracks 9 to 11.

(By the way, take it easy with the tagging. Too many tags makes the content page a bitch to navigate. Funnily enough, I used to do the same thing when I was new.)

• Piero Scaruffi's Top Albums - Ones I've Collected   8 weeks 3 days ago

The Doors is missing from the list...I'm guessing you've listened to that one as well?

• Greatest Albums Extended List [rated 7.8/10+] (in progress)   8 weeks 3 days ago

I think Waiting for the Sun and LA Woman are excellent. It's been about 3-4 years since I've heard them but at the time I considered them 7-ish, same as Scaruffi. I still haven't heard Absolutely Live but I want to at some point.

• Greatest Albums Extended List [rated 7.8/10+] (in progress)   8 weeks 4 days ago

OK :P

What would you rate their other albums?

To make it shorter I suppose I'd just take out a couple brief songs as exchange.