• Rock Masterpieces : Best EP's   4 weeks 6 days ago

I Know is really fun. B+A too. From the other EPs, I'm quite fond of The House Song, She's The One and Needles In My Eyes.

• Greatest Albums Extended List [rated 7.8/10+] (in progress)   4 weeks 6 days ago

Doors is an 8.5/10 for me. Aside from the obvious (Break On Through, Light My Fire, The End) I think Soul Kitchen, The Crystal Ship, Twentieth Century Fox and End of the Night are awesome. That's 7 out of 11 songs ;) The rest of the tracks are enjoyable too though.

• Jonathan Rosenbaum Essential Cinema (+ 2008 addition)   4 weeks 6 days ago

just saying thanks!

• Jonathan Rosenbaum Essential Cinema (+ 2008 addition)   4 weeks 6 days ago

EDIT: never mind

• Jonathan Rosenbaum Essential Cinema (+ 2008 addition)   4 weeks 6 days ago

I just sent you a PM.

• Rolling Stone 100 Greatest Guitarists   5 weeks 18 min ago

Don't agree one bit about your assessment of Dereck Trucks I'd have him in the top three all day long.

• Jonathan Rosenbaum Essential Cinema (+ 2008 addition)   5 weeks 1 hour ago

Hi - I was wondering if you still have this? The RS link no longer works and I can't find it anywhere. Thank you.

• Greatest Albums Extended List [rated 7.8/10+] (in progress)   5 weeks 1 hour ago

Why do you give The Doors s/t an almost perfect rating? The End and Light My Fire are masterpieces, Break On Through and Crystal Ship and Alabama Song are pretty awesome too. That's 5 out of 11 songs. Do you think the other 6 songs are masterpieces too? I don't understand how The Doors can be ranked above stuff like Bitches Brew, Loveless, Tago Mago and White Light/White Heat.

• Rock Masterpieces : Best EP's   5 weeks 4 hours ago

The third one is good, I just haven't listened to it enough to form a strong opinion about it.
    When I think of the Beta Band, I think of I Know from the first EP. It might not be their most important or famous song, but I have yet to hear an electronic blues jam as tight as that song.

• NME's 500 Greatest Songs of All Time   5 weeks 14 hours ago

What happened to the other 149 songs?

• Funniest Movies of All Time   5 weeks 19 hours ago

I went with 'Dumb and Dumber', though 'Austin Powers' was a top contender for me, too.

• Songs featuring "heart" in the title   5 weeks 1 day ago

Longtime country music fans remember the day When Were the songs and the traditional big names were super familiar. With the time it changes. In 1989 there was a new "class" that launched into NEW COUNTRY movement. Names like Clint Black, Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, Travis Tritt,...
    Eric Church lyrics

• Every animated movie ever created (alphabetical)   5 weeks 1 day ago

This seems like the go-to place for the island of misfit movies that are just out of reach of being remembered, pretty cool.

Here's mine. I'm starting to think I'm making this movie up. From what I can recollect, it's an 80s live-action/ animated film. A boy? gets lost in the woods, and shrunken? to the size of an insect. There were evil ants, but also good insects that helped him. The ants were trying to capture him, but in the the end he made it out of the forest safely. Think it took place in a hollow or something.

• Rolling Stone 100 Greatest Guitarists   5 weeks 1 day ago

Not only is Walter Becker not on this list. Anyone not having him in their top 10 needs to stop listening to music, and try to enjoy an alternative form of art :-)

• Rock Masterpieces : Best EP's   5 weeks 2 days ago

And the third EP?

I haven't heard any of their studio albums in full yet, only a few of the popular songs.

• They Shoot Pictures, Don't They?: 1,000 Greatest Films: 2003 edition onwards   5 weeks 2 days ago

Thanks Joachim and congratulations on your impending finish. I hadn't checked the for the new version in quite a few weeks. My list is now up to date and with the updates I've now seen 1,000 of the total movies, that's a start. I hope to get back into this list reasonably soon.

• The Best Psychedelic Trance I've heard   5 weeks 2 days ago

hey Karan this is Ian i too love Psy music..but for the last 1 week a am unable to find one track which has Indian anthem basically its a Psy trance..i came across your blogs and u do have a lot of knowledge of trance..so can u help me out to find out the track is Jana Gana Mana some what that.waiting for your reply

• Every animated movie ever created (alphabetical)   5 weeks 2 days ago

Please help!! I've been looking for this movie forever. I used to watch it when I was really little, so I don't remember much about it. All I can remember is that it was around Christmas time, there's a lot of snow throughout the movie and the movie revolves around some kind of toy store that's making presents and I think there's some kind of magical toy train in the movie (It's not Polar Express)

• Films Seen: Listology Scoreboard 2014   5 weeks 2 days ago

Update #08 (24 February) - Changes in the top 10: dashforcover (5->4), Tatum (9->7, Laivaren (9->8), danvers (7->9) & bpchicky (8->9). No average of more than 3 films/day for mightysparks anymore. But still a - pun intended - mighty average of more than 2 films/day, as has tom_elce. Eight more players with an average of more than 1 film/day. I'm one of them.
    I saw 6 films and stayed 6th.

• Jonathan Rosenbaum Essential Cinema (+ 2008 addition)   5 weeks 2 days ago

Added to the collection: La mémoire courte

Collected: 1050/1080
    Seen: 887/1080

• Why Paul McCartney Sucks!!!   5 weeks 3 days ago

In this day and age it's rare that a rock n' roll career lasts more than a few years, much less a decade. Of course there are some acts that have lasted the years through fluctuations of styles and genres of music's ever-changing fads. However, few can even come close to bragging of a career that's spanned three decades, as Sir Paul McCartney can.

Paul McCartney concerts

• Every animated movie ever created (alphabetical)   5 weeks 3 days ago

OKAY OKAT OKAY I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND THE SAME MOVIE FOR LIKE 3 YEARS. we watched this movie in the 90's and in this movie there is like some boy who is the main character and there is a girl who is a character and her name is sabrina and her cats name is sabrina too, and this guy went on some search and thought he was supposed to marry the cat sabrina not the girl sabrina and then at one point he got like drunk and kicked out of someones mansion. i have been trying to find out what movie this is for so long please please please try and help me.
    thanks

• Rock Masterpieces : Best EP's   5 weeks 5 days ago

:) It was my PhD exam but two weeks before I took it, I decided to study in another country after all. So, the exam became pointless. On the bright side, I listened to Basinski's Disintegration Loops almost 8 hours a day back when I studied seriously for the exam.
    I heard the 3 EP's the day after the exam. What struck me the most was the way Patty Patty Sound is composed. The songs follow some sort of electronica/trance compositional logic (among various other things) yet the music is unlike anything else I've heard. It's weird that the band considers Patty Patty Sound an EP! To me, it qualifies as a great album. I'm sure I'll relisten to it again and again over time. I respect it a hell of a lot.
    But I like Champion Versions better! I don't know why. It's really different and definitely less daring, but the mood is just ... perfect. There are some moments on the first EP that I simply LOVE.
    Have they topped this compilation with any of their studio albums?

• Top 96 Sitcoms (Descriptions for some shows)   5 weeks 6 days ago

TWILIGHT ZONE IS NUMBER 1
    I love lucy and the Honeymoors, are the top 3, by far!

• Ultimate Classic House List (1984-1989)   6 weeks 1 day ago

I discovered House music when playing the video game Grand Theft Auto San Andreas in a cafe. The game also featured some of these classic house tracks like Marshall Jefferson - Move Your Body, Mr. Fingers - Can You Feel It, Raze - Break 4 Love,Frankie Knuckles - Your Love, A Guy Called Gerald - Voodoo Ray, Steve ''Silk'' Hurley - Jack Your Body and Robert Owens - Bring Down The Walls. I used to hear these tracks while playing the game and I just used to love them like fabulous. They were a great mood lifter. I always used to wonder what kind of music is this and what category of music it falls in. Well now I know it is House music. I also found classic house on YouTube. I am thrilled to find such a big list of classic house music. I will use it to download some tracks from it and make a CD as well. Fabulous list.