• Songs I Never Want to Hear Ever Again as Long as I Live   6 weeks 3 days ago

But why? I can think of worse songs.....why this particular grouping?

• Vote: What are the Top 10 Color Visual Experiences in Film History?   6 weeks 3 days ago

Voting for this poll ends Sunday (tonight) at 9pm Pacific Time. Votes from mubi.com will be combined into the overall results.

• Best Videogames of all time   6 weeks 3 days ago

>"Shadow of the Colossus is the greatest game ever made."
    >"6.4/10!"

• Favorite Music   6 weeks 4 days ago

Ke$ha? Hmm, I like Die Young :D I haven't heard much else though.

• Original - Books you should read if you want to consider yourself well-read   6 weeks 4 days ago

I've been reading a lot of stuff that's not on this list.
    But every time I check in here I see you've updated your clone of this list. So props!
    I plan on getting back to this list soon. I needed a break as there's a lot of heavy stuff on here.

• Comedy Central 100 Greatest Standups of all Time   6 weeks 4 days ago

Seinfeld and Letterman are way overrated. This list obviously has politics embedded within. No Patton Oswalt, no Mitch Hedberg, where's Patrice O'neal and Pablo Francisco?

• Guide To My Greatest Films List (WARNING: SPOILERS)   6 weeks 5 days ago

I revised my Nostlaghia review/analysis ... this list itself is NOT updated at this time, but should be pretty soon.

• Favorite Music   6 weeks 6 days ago

I've got a lot of things I want to sell but not here, babe

• Spam Patrol   6 weeks 6 days ago

2014-07-05: 139 accounts
    2014-07-04: 136 accounts, 01 comments
    2014-07-03: 174 accounts, 01 comments
    2014-07-02: 100 accounts, 01 comments <= honeypot started at 5pm
    2014-07-01: 158 accounts, 00 comments, 13 pages

• Films Seen: Listology Scoreboard 2014   6 weeks 6 days ago

A couple of weeks since the last update, but I have a bit of spare time so I decided to pitch in. Like last time, I've left McJoJo in as he/she is still in the Top Ten, even though he/she is no longer participating.

(31 July) (212 days)

1.(1) tom_elce 435 (35)
    =======⥣⥣⥣ > 2 films/day ⥣⥣⥣=======
    =======⥥⥥⥥ < 2 films/day ⥥⥥⥥=======
    2.(2) mightysparks 331 (18)
    3.(3) loonapick 242 (14)
    =======⥣⥣⥣ > 1 film/day ⥣⥣⥣=======
    =======⥥⥥⥥ < 1 film/day ⥥⥥⥥=======
    4. (4) Tatum 202 (14)
    5. (7) dashforcover 196 (22)
    6. (6) Puzzgal 194 (16)
    7. (5) Ultimo Lee 185 (6)
    8. (8) mamushka 135 (9)
    9. (10) julesyoung 126 (12)
    10. (9) McJoJo 118 (0)***RESIGNED***
    11. (11) Laivaren 112(4)
    12. (12) skullduggerish 109 (2)
    13. (13) danvers 108 (2)
    14. (16) guardianryoga 103 (9)
    15. (14) bpchicky 102 (0)
    16. (15) LukeRobot 96 (7)
    17. (17) kaplan 89 (0)
    18. (18) mattmakins 88 (7)
    19. (18) nyybella 78 (9)
    20. (20) Lendoxia 59 (7)
    21. (22) hinterland 43 (9)
    22. (21) kgracetasticsake 42 (7)
    23. (23) AJDaGreat 31 (1)
    24. (24) nukualofa 29 (0)
    25. (25) alberkin 24 (4)
    26. (26) aaliyah16 12 (0)

There was little movement, given so short a time. The largest changes were dashforcover and guardianryoga who each rose 2 spaces. The names of those in the top 10 remain the same with tom_elce remaining with a gigantic lead. kaplan, we still miss you.

• Favorite Music   7 weeks 2 hours ago

Every time I sit around I find I'm shot

• Comparing the Best Albums to the Best Films -- Corresponding Works of Art [IN PROGRESS]   7 weeks 10 hours ago

After re-watching The Godfather, I removed it from candidacy as a corresponding film to Lorca.

• POLL: Which 14-songs would you want on a single-disc White Album?   7 weeks 15 hours ago

Back in the USSR
    Glass Onion
    While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    Happiness Is a Warm Gun
    Blackbird
    Rocky Raccoon
    Why Don't We Do It in the Road?
    Julia
    Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey
    Helter Skelter
    Long, Long, Long
    Honey Pie
    Cry Baby Cry
    Revolution 9
    Good Night

15 songs, ha. I'm not sure this would be much better than the original though. A better idea would be to make some minor changes, like replacing Birthday with Lady Madonna and Revolution 1 with the single version. Maybe cut Yer Blues or Wild Honey Pie and add The Inner Light in their place as well?

• Favorite Music   7 weeks 15 hours ago

Summer Babe yes yes yes

• Rock : The Most Underrecognized Albums   7 weeks 1 day ago

Starsailor and Uncle Meat are terribly underrated. I have seen Starsailor get some recognition from time to time (not as much as it deserves but still beter than total obscurity). Uncle Meat is one of the albums on Scaruffi‘s list and that has helped it become one of Zappa‘s most popular albums (his other albums are still underappreciated unfortunately, and IMO some of them are equal to or even better than Uncle Meat). That’s why I have not included these two albums here. I only list virtually unknown albums here.

Other than Serge Gainsbourg and Magma, I have no idea about french rock music. What french albums do you think should be included here ?

• Favorite Music   7 weeks 1 day ago

Write {span class="gray"} before the gray text and {/span} after it (use <> instead of {}, I changed them so they wouldn't work on my comment)

• Lead Singers That No Girl Has A Crush On   7 weeks 1 day ago

I'm honestly going to disagree with Patrick stump

• Rock : The Most Underrecognized Albums   7 weeks 1 day ago

I still have lots of 'music considered under-appreciated' to listen to, but so far, Tim Buckley's Starsailor and Frank Zappa's Uncle Meat get my vote(s).

And/or also the discographies of French artists that are very little known in America, i.e. Alain Bashung or Francoise Hardy. It's good to know the latter is getting a little better-known, though, since her songs are being featured in more movies and television than before.

• Favorite Music   7 weeks 1 day ago

How do you put the artist's name in gray text like in this post and the "Rock Masterpieces" one?

• POLL: Which 14-songs would you want on a single-disc White Album?   7 weeks 1 day ago

I think sometimes I'd want to replace "I Will" with "Revolution 9."

• POLL: Which 14-songs would you want on a single-disc White Album?   7 weeks 2 days ago

Mine would be:

Yer Blues
    Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey
    Helter Skelter
    Cry Baby Cry
    Revolution 9
    Good Night

Still, I prefer the double album to my own selection. The diversity of the double album is really appealing to me, it's more entertaining that way, and basically most of the songs are fillers anyway.

• Beatles' Middle Era ('65-'67) -- Songs from Best to Worst   7 weeks 2 days ago

A little later, most likely. I like the Beatles' middle era albums so much that I'll very rarely listen to their non-album stuff.

But hopefully within the next few days.

• Beatles' Late Era ('68-'70) -- Songs from Best to Worst   7 weeks 2 days ago

The non-album singles ranking is spot-on!

Are you gonna include non-album tracks from the same era as well as you did with the late era list?

• Comparing the Best Albums to the Best Films -- Corresponding Works of Art [IN PROGRESS]   7 weeks 2 days ago

It's a process of elimination. I don't expect all the candidates to stick as I blitz my way through re-watching the films. I simply put any candidate that had a decent chance to correspond closely. But as I re-watch them, the numbers that are truly close candidates will very likely dwindle to a select few or less. The ones with the most candidates tend to be the ones I am least certain about, but I am hoping to be more decisive with those by the time I've made my way back through the films.