• Jeff's Lyric Challenge   15 years 10 weeks ago

yeah roy w. good job i'll be on all night so lets check each others list updates. having fun i am.

• Jeff's Lyric Challenge   15 years 10 weeks ago

#24 just about drove me muts. I knew I had heard a million times, but couldn't place it...anyway it's hotel california/the eagles
    23.push the little daisies/ween
    25.here comes the sun/the beatles
    28.the tide is high/blondie
    29.break on through/the doors

• THE ALBUM GAME :Copied from oUwilmo   15 years 10 weeks ago

all of them are right but 29.

• THE ALBUM GAME :Copied from oUwilmo   15 years 10 weeks ago

34.reo speedwagon
    36. X
    37.carole king
    40.U2

let me know homeboy

• More Accurate Names for Temptation Island   15 years 10 weeks ago

I agree. I was amazed by the number of people I know who pronounced disgust for the show’s premise, yet avidly tuned in each week.

• THE SONGWRITERS GAME: WHO WROTE THESE?   15 years 10 weeks ago

you are correct Roy W.

• Name the Group/Artist From the Album   15 years 10 weeks ago

Jblack...I don't know how Jim feels about this but you might wish to curb your language. I'd like to think that kids could persue this site without the possibility of their parents adding it to SurfNanny or whatever it's called.

• Name the Group/Artist From the Album   15 years 10 weeks ago

Not the one you're looking for? Then you better start adding a year to the Album titles because I can't read your mind.

• Jeff's Lyric Challenge   15 years 10 weeks ago

Whoops, I skipped 8, which I was especially happy to know. Rag Doll, I believe by the Four Seasons.

• Jeff's Lyric Challenge   15 years 10 weeks ago

1 - Sounds like Love the One You're With, by CSNY, but the lyrics are wrong...
    2 - In My Life - Beatles
    5 - Don't Stand So Close to Me - Police
    11 - We are the Champions, Queen
    12 - Comfortably Numb - Floyd (I'm not 100% sure on 11 and 12)
    14 - This could be several songs, I believe. One is Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is, by Chicago

• Movie Club (aka Movie Discussion Group) Anyone!   15 years 10 weeks ago

Apparently someone needs to spell check their postings. And that person is named Me! :-)

• Another Character Game-Newer Films   15 years 10 weeks ago

The woman's name for # 7 is Mia Sara.
    I think I'm wrong but is #13 Benicio Del Toro in the Usual Suspects?
    Everyone beat me to the others I know.

• Another Character Game-Newer Films   15 years 10 weeks ago

6. Ben Stiller in Meet the Parents
    14. Val Kilmer in Real Genius
    20. Joan Allen in The Contender
    27. Bill Pullman in Zero Effect
    28. Christian Slater in True Romance

• Actor's Best Roles   15 years 10 weeks ago

He was very good in this movie but I find it a little too flashy. As I do this list, I find I equate best with subtle and underplayed. Probably a very accurate refelction of my own personality thus why I identify with these roles. One thing about Face Off, it leaves very little question about the comparative acting talents of Cage and Travolta. Red Rock West and my choice for Spencer Tracy Bad Day at Black Rock would make a great double feature night. I think that should be my next film list..Great choices for Double Feature night...any suggestions?

• Name the Group/Artist From the Album   15 years 10 weeks ago

Oklahoma = Middle of Nowhere = Hanson = Oklahoma?

I'm in Tulsa, so we're not too far away.

Now give me credit for 9, dammit.

• bands with stand-up drummers   15 years 10 weeks ago

:) Wow, I never thought about that. I can see where someone might read "stand up" similar to "stand out" and mistake the point of the list.

Well, I at least now certainly understand how that mistake could be made.

Welcome to Listology, by the way. You really should create a drummer list of your own, as I found your comments very interesting (and I was very happy to see you include Keith Moon. For some reason, most of the drummer I know can't stand him. I think he's the tops.).

• Name the Group/Artist From the Album   15 years 10 weeks ago

OK Roy W.
    15 the cure
    19 butterglory
    21 the wedding present
    22 placebo
    48 bad religion
    55 damnbuilders
    63 ted nugent
    How'd i do bro'?

• bands with stand-up drummers   15 years 10 weeks ago

wow...you know, i was about to fall asleep last night and this post crossed my mind. all of a sudden i had this awful sinking feeling when i realized that taryn meant, quite literally, that these drummers actually stand up when they play. i was thinking stand-up relating more to talent and not thinking literally at all. so let me apologize PROFUSELY to taryn for jumping the gun...

in terms of pros and cons, which i also seemed to overlook, to each his own, no? jimi hendrix preferred playing a right-handed guitar strung upside down because he was a lefty.

again, my apologies...

• Jeff's Lyric Challenge   15 years 10 weeks ago

right roy w.

• Name the Group/Artist From the Album   15 years 10 weeks ago

2. Blue Sunshine - The Blue Glove
    9. Transient Random-Noise Bursts with Announcements - Stereolab
    13 Eleventeen - "Why do I keep thinking about beets with this title?"
    31. One True Passion - Revenge
    45. Sunburn - The Blake Babies

• The Ultimate Guide to R.E.M.   15 years 10 weeks ago

Well, the easy answer is that these ratings were compiled from the old Critical Underground. However, since I also give Green a three-star, I'll answer further.

The three albums you listed as favorites are the three R.E.M. albums with the most typical 80s' arena rock productions. With Green, R.E.M. produced some great songs, but the album is very inconsistent, and the production on Green seems oddly sterile at times, something I do not believe is true for most R.E.M. albums. In fact, Green, in many ways, seems the most calculated-for-airplay album the band ever cranked out, and I don't believe this attempt jives well with what the band is all about. While the singles may highlight the band's songwriting powers, the arrangements often shave off many of the elements that made the band so unique to begin with. I never listen to this album all the way through, while many R.E.M. albums I always listen to in their entirety.

Just a few thoughts...

• Name the Group/Artist From the Album   15 years 10 weeks ago

You missed 9 above - the Stereolab album.

• Name the Group/Artist From the Album   15 years 10 weeks ago

I try not to read too much press on music...but I might check Uncut out...sounds like it might be good..I just live in the middle of nowhere, so I don't get a lot of that stuff. I live down in So.Cent. Okla....rural wasteland.

• Name the Group/Artist From the Album   15 years 10 weeks ago

I used to read a lot more press than I do now. i still enjoy Uncut magazine from time to time; long, intelligent interviews with artists that matter and a nice focus on the history of rock as opposed to a recency fixation.

I only ask because I knew several answers (like the Whale album) from ads in various British magazines or (in the case of, say, Soft Cell), a particularly excited critic reviewing a English-only rerelease.

Fun game.