• Another Character Game-Newer Films   15 years 6 weeks ago

8 is Emilio Estevez in The Breakfast Club
    31 is Rick Moranis from My Blue Heaven

• Favorite Directors   15 years 6 weeks ago

Ya know, the odd thing is that on the commentary for the Alien DVD, he at times almost seems to make fun of directors who overuse CGI. Scott, the mirror is on the wall to your left.

Not to mention, could he just not afford a decent editor? A script doctor?

And I go on and on...

• Favorite Directors   15 years 6 weeks ago

I think he is reading his own press clippings. I tell you my new $1500 tv is going to be in danger if Gladiator wins the best Film on Sunday. I was given this DVD for Xmas and i tell you it is pretty revealing in the sloppiness that is so evident in that movie. I also watched Spartacus recently and boy is it sad to compare those 2 films

• 0028: Directors and Their Best Films   15 years 6 weeks ago

I would disagree on the John Ford. I would take the three Calvary movies if I could cheat. Otherwise its a toss up between THe Informer and THe Man Who Shot Liberty Valance or maybe the Quiet Man...damn he is tough. But you got Bergman just right. I might have to clone your list and give some selctions. I think Directors will be tougher than actors.

• Favorite Directors   15 years 6 weeks ago

What's up with Scott? I had great trouble while watching Gladiator and Hannibal believing that this is the same director who gave us Blade Runner, Alien, and Thelma and Louise. Has he just lost it?

(I hope I understand your suspended category correctly. If not, this may seem as a complete attack, and then I'd be very sorry...)

• 0027: Stanley Kubrick's Greatest Films   15 years 6 weeks ago

I can't go that far - Orson Welles, for one, strikes me as better - but he certainly is excellent. The man has made some great films.

• GAME0003: Name The Series TV Character   15 years 6 weeks ago

28 was Kellie Martin on ER (and I knew that without the hint).

• 0028: Directors and Their Best Films   15 years 6 weeks ago

Straw Dogs is a good film. As to Hartley, well, I've gone on and on on other lists, so I won't repeat myself here. He's one of the only true film genius I am aware of to emerge in the 90s, and time will do him justice.

• Series I'd Buy on DVD *   15 years 6 weeks ago

You should at least rent some of the Buffy episodes on tape. I personally think it has improved from the first season, so keep that in mind. They're currently in the 5th season, though I think the first two seasons were both short.

Interestingly, in the US they seem to be releasing tapes/DVDs in storylines, not by season. So you can get a set chronicling the Buffy/Angel relationship. or the Buffy/Faith episodes, which skip over any standalone episodes from the time period.

*I'd* buy all the Buffy episodes on DVD, in a heartbeat. If I weren't currently unemployed and on a budget.

• 0027: Stanley Kubrick's Greatest Films   15 years 6 weeks ago

No argument from me. Stanley's the greatest director to ever make films. period.

• 0028: Directors and Their Best Films   15 years 6 weeks ago

I like Peckinpah's Straw Dogs. I still dont see what you like about the boring Hal Hartley

• 5 best movie soundtracks   15 years 6 weeks ago

You could say that bro!

• 5 best movie soundtracks   15 years 6 weeks ago

I guess Almost Famous left an imoression on ya, huh?

• Jeff's Lyric Challenge   15 years 6 weeks ago

I also forgot the easy one here. 10 - My Generation, The Who.

• Jeff's Lyric Challenge   15 years 6 weeks ago

Bangsmeister, good job on all counts!

• 20 Inspirational Guitarists-Living(Alt./Punk/Indie)   15 years 6 weeks ago

I thought about it, but decided not..

• DVDs I'd Like To Acquire   15 years 6 weeks ago

In case it might influence your purchasing decisions, the Fight Club DVD is marvelous (although the only other ones I've seen so far are The Matrix and Men in Black). The verbal annotations by Fincher, Pitt, Norton, and Bonham-Carter are very entertaining and informative (the movie is on disc 1 along with 4 (!) annotated versions - then there's a bunch of other stuff on disc 2 that I haven't fully explored yet).

The thing I find remarkable about the various deleted scenes and "making of" features you get on DVD (speaking in general now - not just about Fight Club) is how unbelievable it is that the raw footage ends up looking like the final product. There's lots of magic that happens in editing and post-production that I'd always taken for granted.

• 20 Inspirational Guitarists-Living(Alt./Punk/Indie)   15 years 6 weeks ago

I thought you might of put Billy Corgan in there somewhere Roy W.

• Another Character Game-Newer Films   15 years 6 weeks ago

#10 is Woody Harrelson from Kingpin and #17 is Vincent D'nofrio from Full Metal Jacket. You picked some hard one roy w.

• 0028: Directors and Their Best Films   15 years 6 weeks ago

Interesting side note - The hardest ones for me to decide were John Ford and Ingmar Bergman. Go figure!

• 0028: Directors and Their Best Films   15 years 6 weeks ago

This is new; I posted it just this morning. Nailing down a favorite by a great director is difficult. For many great film makers, there is almost a point where you are left staring at three great films. At this point, your choice is almost due to intangible differences. That's why I like these lists. It is fun to see which film people finally land on.

As for Cabaret, ah well. I love it, although Lenny and All That Jazz would have done fairly well also. What can I say? I believe Bob Fosse is an over-looked genius.

• 0028: Directors and Their Best Films   15 years 6 weeks ago

Ok ...is this a new list? or have I missed this one? Some great choices...some I might disagree though I dont think there is a movie on this list that I do not like a great deal. Well Maybe Cabaret...

• Another Character Game-Newer Films   15 years 6 weeks ago

Correct...good job.

• Another Character Game-Newer Films   15 years 6 weeks ago

Those are all right...I'm giving you the last one. although you actually said Gump, I think you meant Garp..and yes I do like the movie very much. It also helps that it came on TMC a couple of weeks ago and blew me away...again.

• Another Character Game-Newer Films   15 years 6 weeks ago

All correct except for 20...