• Favorite Westerns (Some Guilty, Some Otherwise)   14 years 14 weeks ago

One of my favorite themes in the film is the study of forgiveness. Is Clint's character doomed to the film's ending because of his failure to find forgiveness, either from an other source or himself?

Hmmmm.

• Top 12 WORST Picks to Sing at Kareoke Night   14 years 14 weeks ago

#10 is by Meredith Brooks :)

and I do believe that you spelled "Sisqo" right :)

Great list- the only thing I can think offhand to add is "Hey Jude," (by the beatles ;), which I know from experience is not a song to sing karaoke. My best friend tried it, and failed miserably =)

• 10 music industry girls I am hot for...Musical talent N/A   14 years 14 weeks ago

I think this list should be renamed to "Top 10 Reasons Not to Have Surgery in the Music Industry."

• "Please" These artists MUST be stopped   14 years 14 weeks ago

Ummmm. You going to add Mandy Moore, The Backstreet Boys, and Savage Garden to that list anytime soon?!?

• Actors whose ability to act was surgicaly removed at birth but get most $ anyway   14 years 14 weeks ago

I have to agree with everyone but Michael Douglas. He was very convincing in "A Chorus Line" and "The Game." True, he only plays one of two types of parts: serious business men and....serious business men. But that's besides the point. :-)

• Children's Books that Everyone Should Read   14 years 14 weeks ago

WHAT ABOUT THE NEVERENDING STORY?!?!?!?! I've read that book at least 35 times and I'll swear it's better than anything I've read in college lately. :-) If you haven't already, pick up a copy of the 400 page version by Michael Ende.

• Musicians/groups my teens listen to that I've never heard of   14 years 14 weeks ago

OH man. someone has to educate this poor mommy!! HEHE :-)

• Overrated Actors/Actresses   14 years 14 weeks ago

Thanks for being on my side about the Al Pacino thing--I've been looking all my life to find someone besides myself who thinks he's waayyy overrated. I don't know about the post-Scent of a Woman thing, though. I recently saw the Godfather trilogy and Marlon Brando was the only good one up there. :-)

• Best Non-Beatle Rock Groups of the 1960s   14 years 14 weeks ago

i have to agree with most of this...except, Auntie M. you must excuse Santana for being so darn BAD these days. they used to be good, but have you heard their new single? something has gone wrong for SURE!

• Favorite Movies by Genre (with many sub-genres)   14 years 14 weeks ago

I LOVE Far and Away, I have to remember to put that on my underrated list. My brother and I even go so far as to run lines from the movie on occasion, as we are both fans. He's 16, and since we're growing a garden this summer he is wont to say "The Land, Shannon!" And of course I'm pleased to see Henry and June and Romancing the Stone as well!

• THE GREATEST GUITAR WIZZARDS   14 years 14 weeks ago

Yup, Hendrix would definately be considered a "Guitar Wizard" in my book.

• Top 9 Chick Singers That Really Rock!!   14 years 14 weeks ago

I agree with listing Ani DiFranco, but please tell me why Jewel ROCKS, because the answer isn't really obvious to me.

• THE GREATEST GUITAR WIZZARDS   14 years 14 weeks ago

well, in my oppinion, most of the guys from my list are simply good, but only the first 5-6 of them are real wizzards... out of this world

• THE GREATEST GUITAR WIZZARDS   14 years 14 weeks ago

I've heard a lot about him, but I've never heard him play. but I'll work on that, I promise...

• THE GREATEST GUITAR WIZZARDS   14 years 14 weeks ago

i realy can not understand what's so great about page

• Concerts I've Seen Live (long list)   14 years 14 weeks ago

LOL! i forgot--i saw the Spin Doctors too... back when they only had a demo out. and i got to jump around with them in one of this bizarre inflatable castle at SUNY Fredonia--how funny. i guess i have to go add them to my list of live shows now. thanks for the flashback.

• Top 9 Chick Singers That Really Rock!!   14 years 14 weeks ago

yeah, and i'm not sure ani would approve of being on the same list with her... :)

• My Top Ten Favorite Musical Soundtracks   14 years 14 weeks ago

hey, that's cool--i was in Once on this Island in high school. it was great--a bit like the Little Mermaid, don't you think? so were you in any/all of these?(the only other things i've been in are Leader of the Pack and Anything Goes.)

• Has anybody seen Gladiator yet? Is it wort   14 years 14 weeks ago

Actually, with all respect, I will direct my complaint to the film. Commodus was a warrior well before he was emperor. He knew of warfare, and from all evidence, was an excellent fighter, never losing a fight to the best gladiators or wild beasts. The emperor in the film, goaded by his cowardice, went to pains to avoid military involvement. Despite this, he jumped in the ring to fight the greatest general in the land. True, the general was wounded but still... I found it very unbelievable. If you didn't, cool. Just one person's opinion here, and I am definitely in the minority.

As for the fight scenes, I still say they were weak. The sound editing was excellent, and the clashing of swords and spears might almost make one skip over the fact that the editing was rotten. Almost...

And yes, I also enjoyed Crowe's acting. I enjoyed all the acting. I just didn't feel that it was enough to carry the film.

Thanks for the comments. I enjoyed them.

• Top 10 of 1999   14 years 14 weeks ago

Regarding Malkovich, I loved the first half, and thought it was easily the most original movie of last year. However, the second half lost a lot of momentum, concerning the puppeteering direction. Also, I was not crazy about the ending concerning the elderly group.

• Top 10 Cary Grant movies   14 years 14 weeks ago

I saw Gunda Din once, a long time ago. I should see it again; I know it is considered as one of the best pre-40's action movies along with a couple Errol Flynn movies.

• Top 9 Chick Singers That Really Rock!!   14 years 14 weeks ago

ani rocks!!! love you babes!....tiddlywinks

• Top 10 Cary Grant movies   14 years 14 weeks ago

Good list, although surely you simply forgot Gunga Din, which I prefer to most of the bottom six on your list? North by Northwest would be the exception.

• Top 10 of 1999   14 years 14 weeks ago

Very interesting. While I am not a fan of October Sky or Election and have yet to see American Pie, Cookie's Fortune, or Fight Club, I definitely enjoy the other films on your list. Where is Being John Malkovich?

• 0001. My Top 10 Films   14 years 14 weeks ago

Thanks! While I didn't enjoy Casablanca quite as much as Citizen Kane, let that be no slight to Casablanca, which is a great film.

As for Double Idemnity and Big Sleep, I love both of them. I still prefer the tight, dark Maltese to the atmospheric Big Sleep, but it's not an easy call. I haven't seen Double Idemnity in quite a while, which may account for its absence here.

By the way, I recently realized to my horror that I somehow left out Lawrence of Arabia. I'll have to work it in somehow later...