• Movies I'm Somewhat Ashamed to Admit I Like   14 years 22 weeks ago

Until I found this site, I didn't realize there were others who enjoyed "Baseketball" :) I just love this film...How about "Orgazmo?" It is really just not well done at all, but I just laugh hysterically during it.

• Great Opening Lines - A Challenge List - VOLUME TWO   14 years 22 weeks ago

Welcome to The Listology, Min. Jim, whose site this is, has been very busy in the real world lately. About your answer: I can't confirm it, so we'll have to wait for the challenger to get back to us. Hope you'll feel like contributing some lists - maybe when you've explored the site a bit. There's lots of interesting stuff here. Enjoy!

• Greatest Supporting Actors   14 years 22 weeks ago

You are probably right about that, but my reasons for not making the distinction between actors & actresses is more about streamlining the language. You wouldn't call a female doctor a doctress, so why make the disctinction for actors? They all do the same work.

• Great Opening Lines - A Challenge List - VOLUME TWO   14 years 22 weeks ago

#54 is...Illusions-The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah. One of my all-time favorite books by Richard Bach. Funny how books come into your life at the time when they are supposed to and when they are most meaningful...

• Greatest Supporting Actors   14 years 22 weeks ago

You're right, he was a very pleasant surprise in everything I've seen him in. He was also in Roswell. Very worthy of this list.

• 5 Movies aren't as good now that I'm an adult   14 years 23 weeks ago

Hey, dembonez! Although you may not agree, I would have to add Ski School, Summer School, Pretty in Pink (and Sweet Sixteen, et al), and, though you and others may think this sacrilege, Pee Wee's Big Adventure. I must say, I saw Spaceballs later in life, and found it mildly amusing, so I'm not in a position to compare to the zealousness of youth.

• Greatest Supporting Actors   14 years 23 weeks ago

Perhaps I should clarify about DeVito. He has played leading roles in the past (and could be considered one of the leads in The Big Kahuna), but lately he has been much more of a producer, and has been taking secondary roles in his movies. Calling him a supporting actor is probably not entirely accurate, I agree, but neither would I consider him to be a heavyweight that carries a movie. I'm particularly thinking of him in roles like the cop in Drowning Mona, and in Hoffa (I think I'm thinking of the right movie...). I don't get the impression, though, that he sees himself as a leading man. I think he picks his roles carefully, regardless of the size of the part.

• Copycat Movies - Which One Was Better?   14 years 23 weeks ago

I'm not certain about SPR and TTRL - that they are a genuine copycat pair, or that SPR is the better of the two. What do you guys think?

• Favorite Movies with a Disability Focus/Storyline   14 years 23 weeks ago

Oh..I so agree...I knew I was forgetting one I really liked. Leo truly was wonderful in this film. Yep, I do believe I'll add it to my list. :0

• Favorite Movies with a Disability Focus/Storyline   14 years 23 weeks ago

Boy, you're good...I forgot about that one!

• CC00017: Ringo Starr   14 years 23 weeks ago

Hearty congratulations on completing your Beatles Saga - you've done the old geezers proud, and their fans.

"I'll get by with a little help from my friends."
    He's no great singer, and was never a great drummer, but somehow he unquestionably carries the Beatles charisma. If anyone ever lucked out in life, Ringo did. Unfair comment?

• Some Of My Favorite Classical Pieces (With Sound)   14 years 23 weeks ago

Yup, sound is working. Although I don't recall having a sound problem - were you perhaps thinking of lbangs?

• Favorite Movies with a Disability Focus/Storyline   14 years 23 weeks ago

My thoughts exactly, Jim.

• Great Opening Lines - A Challenge List - VOLUME TWO   14 years 23 weeks ago

Correct!

• CC00018: U2   14 years 23 weeks ago

Thanks for the comments. I pretty much agree with most of this list. I must admit to not liking Unforgettable Fire nearly as much as most do (to these ears, the album is a formless atmospheric exercise occasionally broken by a brilliant song or two (Pride, for example)). I also still enjoy Rattle and Hum, but usually only after some 'Skip' button editing. Heartland in particular is an over-looked gem and one of my favorite U2 songs.

Zooropa was the most disagreed upon album. Some critics felt U2 valiantly pushed further into the direction they headed for in Achtung, while others felt they got in over their heads. I like the album, but I wouldn't claim it as one of U2's greatest.

My personal favorite is easily Achtung Baby, followed by Joshua and War.

• Favorite Movies with a Disability Focus/Storyline   14 years 23 weeks ago

How 'bout My Left Foot?

• Favorite John Hiatt Songs   14 years 23 weeks ago

Great list! I must confess that I am also always suckered in by the Aw-Shucks of Real Fine Love. The song should reek of false modesty, but Hiatt pulls it off with a vocal that inspires trust, and I love the song.

I met an angel or two before, but I never asked one to be my wife.

• 5 Movies aren't as good now that I'm an adult   14 years 23 weeks ago

History of the World Part one. I laughed my ass off at this movie when i was a kid. I saw it again a few years ago, and while i did laugh a few times, it wasn't near as funny as i remembered.

• Greatest Supporting Actors   14 years 23 weeks ago

Dwight Yoakam - He had some small roles in a few movies, like red rock west (i think that's the name) and he was excellent in Sling Blade.

• Greatest Supporting Actors   14 years 23 weeks ago

I'm not sure Danny DeVito would appreciate being call a supporting actor. One gets the impression that he sees himself as a leading man.

How 'bout Slim Pickens, pardner? YEEEEHAAA!

• 5 movies I remember as scary   14 years 23 weeks ago

Probably my scariest movie has been the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre." To this day, I find it haunting.

• Favorite Movies with a Disability Focus/Storyline   14 years 23 weeks ago

Geez! I was even in the stage version...Excellent addition, which also brings up "Whose Life is it Anyway?", which I thought was an underrated performance by Richard Dreyfuss.

• Favorite Movies with a Disability Focus/Storyline   14 years 23 weeks ago

You've forgotten one of the greats: THE ELEPHANT MAN. If MASK qualifies, surely T.E.M. does.

• CC00018: U2   14 years 23 weeks ago

I would be in absolute agreement that The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby are excellent starting places for U2, and War is certainly a powerful release. The lyrics contained in these 3 are U2 at their politically and socially clearest. I would confess that I have not been a big fan of their techno albums (Pop, Zooropa). Wide Awake, Under and October are basic re-hashes of earlier work, and Boy and Unforgettable Fire seemed to be transitional pieces...I continue having Unforgettable Fire on my cd changer a lot. I love Rattle & Hum, but upon further consideration can acknowledge that as an emotional not critical choice. :0

• Children's Books that Everyone Should Read   14 years 23 weeks ago

I must confess my absolute favorite is "Velveteen Rabbit." I have several versions of it in my collection, and find it be so simple yet touching. It seems as if it is a book that stays with you, as I have several adult friends who identify it as one of their faves.