• Jeff's Lyric Challenge   15 years 6 weeks ago

I'm eagerly awaiting your additions....

• Another Character Game-Newer Films   15 years 6 weeks ago

good answers man.

• Jeff's Lyric Challenge   15 years 6 weeks ago

Good job Roy W.

• bands with stand-up drummers   15 years 6 weeks ago

Heck, almost every time I've stepped in to chastise (which I wasn't doing here, since it was a more obvious misunderstanding than some others) it's turned out that the "abusive post" was really a new-to-Listology family member of the "victim" just talking smack. Anyway, an honest mistake. Hope we haven't scared you away! Sounds like you've got some very interesting music lists in you.

• Another Character Game-Newer Films   15 years 6 weeks ago

Look at the big brain on Jeff.

• Another Character Game-Newer Films   15 years 6 weeks ago

#20- is John Cusack from Better Off Dead
    #34 is John Turturro from Quiz Show
    #39 is Tim Roth from Four Rooms
    #35 is Brad Pitt from Se7en

• Jeff's Lyric Challenge   15 years 6 weeks ago

As promised:
    #3 Dead-Pixies
    #4 Yellow-Coldplay
    #6 Hardcore UFOs-Guided By Voices(came to me on the way home from your house)
    #9 Doot Doot-Freuer

• Jeff's Lyric Challenge   15 years 6 weeks ago

Or Bangsy. Or Bangsmeister. I'm not picky. Just as long as I know you're talking to me.

• Favorite Actors   15 years 6 weeks ago

Sadly, I missed that one. I remember seeing the ads, but I think it conflicted with something else I watched. And I didn't fully appreciate Farina then. I mean, he only does two things (cop or gangster), but he does them sooo well. My wife tells me that he was a police officer before becoming an actor. Authenticity shines through, I guess.

• Jeff's Lyric Challenge   15 years 6 weeks ago

aaah. I see. May I call you Les?

• Favorite Directors   15 years 6 weeks ago

Well...Gladiator is a dissapointment for sure. And in regards to the comparison with Spartacus. There really is none, I agree. Spartacus is much better. Ridley Scott, as bangsy pointed out, went from Alien to Gladiator. I mean how does one do that. he must of got a big paycheck!

• Jeff's Lyric Challenge   15 years 6 weeks ago

The L. does stand for Lester, although more as in Psychotic Reactions and Caruretor Dung than as in Almost Famous.

L Bangs

• Jeff's Lyric Challenge   15 years 6 weeks ago

way to go bangs. By the way, what does the L. stande for. Lester? as in Almost Famous?

• Movie Club (aka Movie Discussion Group) Anyone!   15 years 6 weeks ago

I'm a taker Dan. Me! Me!

• Favorite Actors   15 years 6 weeks ago

Did you ever see the televison show, Crime Story? It was the first time I ever saw Dennis Farina, and it was tons o' fun.

• 0028: Directors and Their Best Films   15 years 6 weeks ago

Oooh, to my shame, I had forgotten about The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.

My list will be updated shortly.

I await your list.

• Favorite Directors   15 years 6 weeks ago

You got the category right. I was originally going to call the category "deprecated", but suspension sounds more like it allows the possibility of a comeback.

The further I get away from Gladiator the more I like it (although I've flip-flopped on this stance several times). But I think this is due largely to its tragic elements and strong performances and in spite of the direction. I got the DVD as a gift and I'm looking forward to rewatching it in that light.

It's not fair of me to judge Hannibal since I haven't seen it, but too many people I respect have hated it to give me much hope. I will rent it when it comes out.

But I have no idea what's up with him! Complete meltdown, it seems. Maybe he'll get a second wind.

• Another Character Game-Newer Films   15 years 6 weeks ago

8 is Emilio Estevez in The Breakfast Club
    31 is Rick Moranis from My Blue Heaven

• Favorite Directors   15 years 6 weeks ago

Ya know, the odd thing is that on the commentary for the Alien DVD, he at times almost seems to make fun of directors who overuse CGI. Scott, the mirror is on the wall to your left.

Not to mention, could he just not afford a decent editor? A script doctor?

And I go on and on...

• Favorite Directors   15 years 6 weeks ago

I think he is reading his own press clippings. I tell you my new $1500 tv is going to be in danger if Gladiator wins the best Film on Sunday. I was given this DVD for Xmas and i tell you it is pretty revealing in the sloppiness that is so evident in that movie. I also watched Spartacus recently and boy is it sad to compare those 2 films

• 0028: Directors and Their Best Films   15 years 6 weeks ago

I would disagree on the John Ford. I would take the three Calvary movies if I could cheat. Otherwise its a toss up between THe Informer and THe Man Who Shot Liberty Valance or maybe the Quiet Man...damn he is tough. But you got Bergman just right. I might have to clone your list and give some selctions. I think Directors will be tougher than actors.

• Favorite Directors   15 years 6 weeks ago

What's up with Scott? I had great trouble while watching Gladiator and Hannibal believing that this is the same director who gave us Blade Runner, Alien, and Thelma and Louise. Has he just lost it?

(I hope I understand your suspended category correctly. If not, this may seem as a complete attack, and then I'd be very sorry...)

• 0027: Stanley Kubrick's Greatest Films   15 years 6 weeks ago

I can't go that far - Orson Welles, for one, strikes me as better - but he certainly is excellent. The man has made some great films.

• GAME0003: Name The Series TV Character   15 years 6 weeks ago

28 was Kellie Martin on ER (and I knew that without the hint).

• 0028: Directors and Their Best Films   15 years 6 weeks ago

Straw Dogs is a good film. As to Hartley, well, I've gone on and on on other lists, so I won't repeat myself here. He's one of the only true film genius I am aware of to emerge in the 90s, and time will do him justice.