• Sorry I've been so absent of late. I need two of   14 years 14 weeks ago

Jim -- Isn't Gone in 60 Seconds a remake of a 1970s flick. At least I remember watching a movie of the same title at least 15 years ago. If it is a remake, it really can't be called a "Jerry Bruckheimer movie", unless you consider that only he would choose to REMAKE a movie with such an absurd plot.

• favorite directors   14 years 14 weeks ago

good call. i was just looking at this list of stuff he's been involved with on allmovie.com and missed the part that said Actor... thanks for the clarification, though! (btw, i have yet to see Ed Wood--but when i do, i'm sure i'll be adding it.)

• 0006. 5 Great David Bowie CDs (+ 1 Compilation)   14 years 14 weeks ago

I'll admit, I love jazz (especially Davis) and Chicago blues, but since I have so many friends with these CDs, I usually borrow rather than buy discs in these genres.

• 0007. L. Bangs' Great Lyric Challenge   14 years 14 weeks ago

37 is Paranoid Android, and I notice you are quickly approaching the lead! 41 is probably not the most popular song, but the artist is quite esteemed, and anybody hearing the song will likely never forget that particular lyric.

• 0007. L. Bangs' Great Lyric Challenge   14 years 14 weeks ago

Speaking for Jim, no, it is not Last Kiss, but you are very, very close.

• 0007. L. Bangs' Great Lyric Challenge   14 years 14 weeks ago

Correct both times! Thanks for the compliment; my worst fear was posting a list that was completely solved in a day. I made most of the quotes fairly tough, and seeing how well everyone is doing, I'm very glad I did!

• Overrated Movies - why do people like these so much?   14 years 14 weeks ago

Forrest Gump is a good choice for your list, but I think that Aliens also deserves some recognition here. Although it's a good movie, it is certainly not great. It has way too many problems and flaws to be considered one of the all time great movies.

• Movie Quotes Part Two: The Revenge!   14 years 14 weeks ago

there you go! right on.

• 0007. L. Bangs' Great Lyric Challenge   14 years 14 weeks ago

37 is definitely radiohead, paranoid android. but 41 is killing me!

• seen in 2001   14 years 14 weeks ago

i know what you mean--i paid $1.50 to see it in a double feature...(it's $3 for two flicks at my favorite cinema) but if i had known i'd like it so well, i might have paid full price.

• 0007. L. Bangs' Great Lyric Challenge   14 years 14 weeks ago

You know, I was going to suggest some Neil Young lyric, as I hadn't recognized one, and I love Neil Young! Not a great singer, mind you, but one heck of a great song writer.
    So #45 - Neil Young, "Down by the River."
    An exceptional song you picked here, but there are so many by him.

Boy is #38 EASY!!!!!
    Breathe by Pink Floyd. You should have gone for something more obscure, perhaps something from Obsured by Clouds or Animals, perhaps...

• Movie Quotes Part Two: The Revenge!   14 years 14 weeks ago

LOL...#1 = DEAD-ALIVE...LOL. Yes, after you reminded me of it at your "Aussie/NZ movies kick ass" list, I eventually got around to seeing it again. Obviously, the dialogue wasn't what impressed me about it.

• 0007. L. Bangs' Great Lyric Challenge   14 years 14 weeks ago

Wow! I expected that one would take more time. Indeed, it is I Misunderstood!

You are now tied for the lead (I keep a tally in my comments field). I feel a grudge match brewing... ;)

• 0007. L. Bangs' Great Lyric Challenge   14 years 14 weeks ago

i got it! Richard Thompson... i believe it's called "I Misunderstood." i knew it was somebody with a deep voice. am i in the lead yet? :)

Bob Dylan, eh?
    How about #3? "Buckets of Rain?"

• 0007. L. Bangs' Great Lyric Challenge   14 years 14 weeks ago

Correct on all 4 guesses, kicking you out to the lead, DaveMog! I received the Brown box set (Star Time) for my birthday a year or so ago, and I definitely count it as one of the best box sets ever. I'm surprised it took so long for some one to get the Pearl Jam quote, seeing as it is a vital part of one of their bigger, earlier singles. Many people stabbed at the Byrds one, but you are the first to get it. I believe it is one of those lyrical lines everyone knows they know but have trouble placing. Kudos on Panic in Detroit, one of my favorite under-rated Bowie tunes.

I'm still a bit shocked nobody has scored the Dylan or U2 quotes...

• 0007. L. Bangs' Great Lyric Challenge   14 years 14 weeks ago

Interesting story about #24. My roommate actually knew it when he saw the lyric, so he provided me with the answer. The funny thing is that I had just borrowed his James Brown boxed set (4 funky CDs worth), and didn't even make the connection. So with that said, #24 is "The Payback" by James Brown.

• 0007. L. Bangs' Great Lyric Challenge   14 years 14 weeks ago

I don't suppose #26 is "Last Kiss"? It was covered by Pearl Jam, but I'm not sure of the original artist.

• 0007. L. Bangs' Great Lyric Challenge   14 years 14 weeks ago

#14 is "Wonderwall," by, as an anonymous reader (who may have been jenhowell ;) said, Oasis.

and, just because it takes me back to my youth (all of 10 years ago =), #20 is by the late, great Alvin and the Chipmunks, and the actual name is, I believe, "The Chipmunk Song."

Apart from that, i just wanted to say, great list, pretty tough but very cool :)

• movies with good dance scenes..   14 years 14 weeks ago

Have you seen the Red Shoes?

• movies with good dance scenes..   14 years 14 weeks ago

Although the film is not very good, and I hesitate to recommend it, Muriel's Wedding's best scenes were lip-synched dances to Abba tunes. Great energy in those scenes, even if the film has little else to cherish.

• movies everyone else seemed to like but I didn't...   14 years 14 weeks ago

I also did not like Austin Powers; heck, I prefer the sequel to the original, and even that's not exactly my favorite film! Aliens is highly over-rated, but I can't say I didn't like it. Die Hard is a much better than average film for its genre, and I love Reservoir Dogs, so I can't help you there.

• 0007. L. Bangs' Great Lyric Challenge   14 years 14 weeks ago

Whoops, Fashion's not co-written by Lennon. I was confused the song with Fame. My mistake.

• 0007. L. Bangs' Great Lyric Challenge   14 years 14 weeks ago

Not the one I was looking for, true, but since that song is titled Beep Beep, I can hardly count that as wrong now, can I? The point is yours.

I was searching for Going Mobile by The Who. Shortly after posting it, however, I realized 2 songs co-written by John Lennon, The Beatles' Drive My Car and David Bowie's Fashion, both included that infamous lyric. Perhaps Beep Beep is more widespread than I thought!