• Going Solo: Unsuccessful Solo Artists   14 years 46 weeks ago

Great list. I won't argue over a single entry here.

• Wretched Cover Versions   14 years 46 weeks ago

Ah, gee, I actually thought Henley did a decent job of Everybody Knows, but hey, I'm strange...

Great idea for a list!

• Literature of the Cinema: A Challenge   14 years 46 weeks ago

Baby Steps is from What About Bob?

Tin Toy is the name of one of John Lasseter's early films, so I'm guessing it is from Toy Story or Toy Story 2, but I'm not really sure...

• Books read in 2001   14 years 46 weeks ago

Yes I am back, but I just mostly list the books I've read, hoping that someone will do a search and find them, so they can comment. I haven't commented on to many other lists.

BTW I am back now (from Costa Rica), but I have never seen the movie or read the book (_Shane_ that is).

• bands with stand-up drummers   14 years 46 weeks ago

Having watched taryn's Listology career from the beginning (along with everybody else's :-), I can tell you that she wins the "most frequently misunderstood Listologist" award hands down. I'm sure we could do some kind of study to figure out why, but until then I'll remain baffled.

This one just looks like a case of a misread title to me. It may be that jdr1051 is a newcomer (certainly new to me) and thought all lists here were based in value judgements.

• bands with stand-up drummers   14 years 46 weeks ago

While the misunderstanding is hashed out above, can you, as a drummer, help taryn out with the "any musicians want to enlighten me to the pros and cons [of stand-up drumming]?" question?

• Disappointing Movies   14 years 46 weeks ago

Hey hey! Thanks for the post - lots to consider here.

I agree that hype/buildup is a killer. This hasn't been as big a factor for me since ditching TV, but it still comes into play when I have high expectations for a writer or director (less so for an actor).

You're right - Meet the Parents doesn't really belong here. I can't really defend it's placement here on anything but a "personal taste" level. I've moved it here.

I've already groused about The Spanish Prisoner in other discussions here, so I won't rehash those. Glad you liked it, though!

I must think more about when to put a movie here, or in "overrated", or "wish I appreciated."

• Films With Incredible Casts   14 years 46 weeks ago

Thanks, J! The more the merrier. :-)

• Actor's Best Roles   14 years 46 weeks ago

Good arguments. What about Brando. You going to add him to your list? Last Tango In Paris dude. That is my favorite acting performance of all time.

• Film Review : TRUE LIES * * * 1/2   14 years 46 weeks ago

Interesting. I liked Bill Paxton alot too man. Funny.

• Actor's Best Roles   14 years 46 weeks ago

Last Detail is a very valid choice. Nicholson was great. Dog day Afternoon is very good Pacino. But Godfather 2 is Pacino at his best by far. He is that movie and that is one of the best acting performances in the history of movies.

• Books read in 2001   14 years 46 weeks ago

The bottom is the most recent end. Once in a while I forget to enter one right away and it doesn't get on here. but mostly it's pretty accurate.

• Films With Incredible Casts   14 years 46 weeks ago

What about Short Cuts?

• bands i once thought were promising but didn't deliver   14 years 46 weeks ago

A very appropriate title for this list. I thought these bands had promise also, until I noticed they sucked. Very dissapointing. We need more good music out there dont you agree?

• bands with stand-up drummers   14 years 46 weeks ago

yeah! whats up rippin in to Taryn like that. I'm with the bangsmeister on this one. Read the title of the list before you start cutting in to somebody. Much Love

JEFF

• Actor's Best Roles   14 years 46 weeks ago

Well jgandcag, I must disagree on a few here. NamelyCage, Depp, Nicholson, and Pacino. Nicholson in The Last Detail is awesome. Have you seen that? And Pacino in Dog Day Afternoon. I do agree with most of the others however. Sean Penn AT CLOSE RANGE is brilliant.

• FIVE BEST QUARTERBACKS IN HISTORY   14 years 46 weeks ago

Championships mean alot in the quarterbacks stature of greatness. My favorite is Bradshaw, because I'm a longtime Steeler Fan. I just look at Marino's records and had to give him the nod.

• FIVE BEST PITCHERS IN HISTORY   14 years 46 weeks ago

What about Maddux. Year after year he is dangerous. I like his chances for greatness over the long haul better than Pedro's.

• lbangs 5 Best Movie Lists   14 years 46 weeks ago

No sweat buddy.

• Great Films By Stanley Kubrick   14 years 46 weeks ago

Well I love both those movies you've mentioned. I havent seen Barry Lyndon. The rest I have and I love all his work. He is who I consider to be the greatest of all directors.

• Great Films By James Cameron   14 years 46 weeks ago

I am just now getting the hang of doing that. I am going to do it, Jim. I'm a little hesitant. Notice on the editor page it took me three times to post the link in that.

• Film Review : TRUE LIES * * * 1/2   14 years 46 weeks ago

Jamie Lee did look good, and she was funny also. I reall liked the movie.

• Film Review : TRUE LIES * * * 1/2   14 years 46 weeks ago

I can understand why the movie is liked, but every performance except Tom Arnold's annoyed me. I wanted Jean Reno to step in and waste the lot of them.

• Actor's Best Roles   14 years 46 weeks ago

Thanks for the flattery by cloning. Pitt was very good in Seven and the movie would not have worked if he wasnt. perhaps you did not think the movie worked. I will steal your other choices and give my opinion. Cool thing about this type of list it is almost endless in nature...

• 09162000: MarkW's first lyric quiz   14 years 46 weeks ago

MarkW, are you still with us? I've missed ya lately!