• Name the Group/Artist From the Album   14 years 47 weeks ago

You missed 9 above - the Stereolab album.

• Name the Group/Artist From the Album   14 years 47 weeks ago

I try not to read too much press on music...but I might check Uncut out...sounds like it might be good..I just live in the middle of nowhere, so I don't get a lot of that stuff. I live down in So.Cent. Okla....rural wasteland.

• Name the Group/Artist From the Album   14 years 47 weeks ago

I used to read a lot more press than I do now. i still enjoy Uncut magazine from time to time; long, intelligent interviews with artists that matter and a nice focus on the history of rock as opposed to a recency fixation.

I only ask because I knew several answers (like the Whale album) from ads in various British magazines or (in the case of, say, Soft Cell), a particularly excited critic reviewing a English-only rerelease.

Fun game.

• Name the Group/Artist From the Album   14 years 47 weeks ago

I'm sorry #22 is incorrect.

• Name the Group/Artist From the Album   14 years 47 weeks ago

Good job man....most were correct
    #31 was close
    #32 was close
    #45 not the one i'm looking for(I forgot about Juliana Hatfield though)
    #53 I am looking for sunny day real estate
    #59 not the one i'm looking for
    #61 Breeders...
    I don't read a lot of music press, I hate reading press. I just listen to a lot of music.

• My Favorite Songs(tried to keep it to one song per band)   14 years 47 weeks ago

We definitely agree on Pride and Drain You...interesting list

• Name the Group/Artist From the Album   14 years 47 weeks ago

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say you, like myself, read alot of British press. Perhaps even Uncut magazine? Or Select? Q? Mojo?

Am I correct? Only curious...

• 0035: David Bowie's Best Songs   14 years 47 weeks ago

Great songs. Ashes to Ashes was on this list but replaced at the last second. I'm still trying to find a space for Aladdin Sand, a great non-single album track.

3 - Several albums with this title; Love and Rockets leap to mind first
    4 - Joy Division
    7 - The Smiths
    8 - Elvis Costello (w/ BB)
    9 - Stereolab
    30 - Frank Black
    31 - New Order?
    32 - Joy Division
    33 - Housemartins
    36 - Pogues
    37 - Carole King
    38 - Byrds (Hey, I was just reading about this album!)
    39 - Fleetwood Mac
    58 - Sugarcubes
    59 - Mekons
    60 - Throwing Muses
    61 - Breeders or Ween
    62 - Soft Cell
    64 - David Bowie
    65 - Doves (also a novel by Gogol)

I'm still thinking on a few...

• Top 20 Songs of the Eighties   14 years 47 weeks ago

No problem..my plaesure. Actually it is a great song, but it's like the Free Bird of the 80's Retro Genre...It is so difficult to make a list like this, because there were so many "singles" if you know what I mean-one hit wonders that were absolutely fabulous....One could go on and on, huh?

• Name the Group/Artist From the Album   14 years 47 weeks ago

No, I'm a late twenties slacker to the bone. BTW, good job man.

• Name the Group/Artist From the Album   14 years 47 weeks ago

Good job...keep trying. You seem pretty knowledgeable on the prominent genre.

• 0001. CDs You Really Should Hear   14 years 47 weeks ago

I was referring to snoozer's first post

• 0001. CDs You Really Should Hear   14 years 47 weeks ago

Yeah I did that with a couple friends at a party one time, it was pretty crazy to say the least. The music isn't totally in synch but its certainly worth trying.

1. Siouxie
    7. The Smiths
    30. Frank Black
    34. B.A.D.
    40. Pavement
    43. Sugar
    51. Live
    64. Bowie

Just wondering, are you a thirty-something slaker like me?

24. Velvet Underground
    10. Sonic Youth
    40. Pavement
    44. Beastie Boys
    Trying to throw in the couple I know before the crazy bangs gets em all!

• Movie Club (aka Movie Discussion Group) Anyone!   14 years 47 weeks ago

I'm definitely up for it!

• Movie Club (aka Movie Discussion Group) Anyone!   14 years 47 weeks ago

yeah, i don't want to go too overboard and force people out of their groove who might otherwise participate. i'll just wait and see how many people are interested and from there we can see what the optimal viewing period is for a movie.

once we have that nailed down all participants can nominate movies and we'll vote and go from there. obviously we want to stick with movies that everyone can see.

so no movies like Forbidden Zone. BTW has anyone seen that besides me? that movie is a trip.

• top 10 directors ever   14 years 47 weeks ago

Liquid Sky is a horrible movie that steals from many other directors.

• The Ultimate Guide to R.E.M.   14 years 47 weeks ago

Green, Lifes Rich Pageant and Document are my personal favorites. Maybe you should tell me why you didnt give Green a maximum rating. It would ease my suffering.

• Name the Group/Artist From the Album   14 years 47 weeks ago

Way to go k..correct on all accounts..

6. Power, Corruption & Lies = New Order
    17. Starfish = the Church
    35. Front by Front = Front 242
    54. Fables of the Reconstruction = REM
    57. Fear = Toad the Wet Sprocket

• Movie Club (aka Movie Discussion Group) Anyone!   14 years 47 weeks ago

I haven't been watching that many movies lately, but I might be up for this...

• Jeff's Lyric Challenge   14 years 47 weeks ago

#17 Shake The Disease-Depeche Mode

• Movie Club (aka Movie Discussion Group) Anyone!   14 years 47 weeks ago

Well, lets start a movie club. I'm all for it. I'm sure we can get some of the regulars involved. By the way, where has jenhowel been?