• 0024: Character Game (stolen from jblack, thanks!)   14 years 16 weeks ago

Is Harry Caul Gene Hackmen from Get Shorty? I think so.

• Another Character Game....thanks to whomever thought this idea up.   14 years 16 weeks ago

Ah, gee. 25 is Robert Mitchum from the Night of the Hunter. I really shouldn't have need a hint for this one...

I know the film for 23, but for the life of me, I can't recall the actor. I am full of shame...

Great hint, though. I didn't recall this until I saw the other actor.

Oddly enough, I kept thinking 28 WAS a Jodi Foster character. Maybe my brain is trying to tell me something...

• DIRECTOR GAME ripped off from the wacky AAA   14 years 16 weeks ago

teah eight on cukor lbangs and tallus that was the oliver! i was looking for.

• The ABC's of Rock n'Roll--A Personal Odyssey   14 years 16 weeks ago

I posed the question in my A listings can you sue yourself for Plagarism? I knew there was a famous case on just this issue. I just remebered while researching the C's. Does anyone remember? It was actually a record company suing an artist for ripping off one of his earlier tunes. Give it a guess.

• My Dad's Favorite/Best Movies   14 years 16 weeks ago

It seems Movie good taste is genetic.

• The best Rock and Roll group or individual whose name begins with B   14 years 16 weeks ago

I love the Buzzcocks and if this was just my personal favorites they would rate higher. That music got me through a lot of college. Beasties should be on the list. Blur maybe someday.

• Z. GAME0002: Name The Director   14 years 16 weeks ago

41 is Spielberg?

Ok I was thinking of a way to spruce up this game and get some more correct answers...you know give some hints. So here is my solution. I am going to give the name of an Actor or Actress who is also in the movie but not the name of actor actress playing the part in question. Hope that makes sense.

2. Jane Wyman
    20. Brigitte Helm
    21. Charlie Sheen
    23. Harrison Ford
    25. Shelly Winters
    26. Peter Ustinov
    27. Alan Ladd
    28. Jodie Foster (though this isn't much of a hint)
    29. Natalie Wood
    30. Frank Morgan

Hope this helps with some correct answers

• DIRECTOR GAME ripped off from the wacky AAA   14 years 16 weeks ago

Hmmm, much harder this time (at least for me!).

105 - Both De Mille and Cukor have a film named this, though I'm betting you're thinking of the over-rated Cukor film.

Hmmph, that's all for now. I'm stumped!

• DIRECTOR GAME ripped off from the wacky AAA   14 years 16 weeks ago

Which version of Oliver Oliver! 1968 is Carol Read, the other 's were called Oliver Twist - unless there's a film just called Oliver

• Rock-era genres I like   14 years 16 weeks ago

Shoegazer? C'mon, I know you dig it... :)

You know I love seeing the Band that high up there, and I love that you included the Buzzcocks...

As for others (some I'm sure you don't dig as much as I do), I'll suggest Captain Beefheart (or is he a 'C' artist?), Blur, T Bone Burnett, Beastie Boys, Beau Brummels, Badfinger, and Bad Religion.

• Great Works Written in Prison   14 years 16 weeks ago

Im not sure I consider it great Literature but it certainly has had a very lasting effect on the world; how about Marquis De Sade's "LES JOURNÉES DE SODOME". I remeber loving Boethius when I was in my early twenties. I might need to go look at it again

• Z. GAME0002: Name The Director   14 years 16 weeks ago

Only with hints given.

05. Is Bertolucci
    06. is Kazan
    07. is herbert Ross
    14. is Fred Zinnerman
    19. is William Wyler
    33. Stanley Kramer
    31. George Cukor
    and 34 is Leo Mcreary Spelling could be wrong on this one. I should know Chorus Line

• Five Best Stephen King Novels.   14 years 16 weeks ago

CHRISTINE's pretty good, too.

• Great Renaissance Dramas (excluding Shakespeare)   14 years 16 weeks ago

A valuable list. Thanks for bringing a bit more class to The Listology.

• Z. GAME0002: Name The Director   14 years 16 weeks ago

Was The Glass Menagerie directed by Robert Redford? And I think Pierce Brosnan starred in Grey Owl, so I'll take a completely wild guess that he directed it as well.

• 0026: Overrated Movies Sorted by Decade   14 years 16 weeks ago

American beauty is by no means a bad movie. It is interesting, and explores characters well, plus it has really nice cinematography. I've been a little hard on the film, which is my little tiny version of backlash from the academy, but it isn't bad. It just doesn't deserve all of the praise it got. It was not the best of the year, and despite many of my friends/fellow film people claims, it is not one of the ten best of the 90's.

• 0026: Overrated Movies Sorted by Decade   14 years 16 weeks ago

Here is my 2 cents on your list. Green Mile is good, but it goes on too long and the whole thing doesnt stay together enough for that much of a time investment. Shawshank is a much better film but then I dont too many people who would disagree with statement.

Braveheart should never have won the Academy Award. (At least I think it won it) it is an enjoyable movie that meanders too long and Mel really should have watched a few more David Lean Movies to see how epic's should be done.

Spaceballs... yeech, just another example why I yearn for Mel Brooks of The Producers era.

Now American Beauty is another story altogether. The one thing I can say is you really need to be in the right frame of mind to enjoy this movies magnificence. I would have given the Academy Award to Malkovich but I dont think it should detract from the beauty of this movie and its message.

• Listology's worst movies ever   14 years 16 weeks ago

Traxx definitely belongs on the list; I haven't seen the others.

I would suggest these movies as well.

• Series I'd Buy on DVD *   14 years 16 weeks ago

How long has Buffy been on? I think it might have hit it's stride slightly after we ditched cable. I don't think I've ever seen an episode (nor the movie, for that matter).

I liked QL, but not quite enough to list it here. I'd certainly sit down and watch reruns if nothing else was on, but I doubt I'd ever buy it so I'd have the luxury of pulling it off my shelf.

• 0024: Character Game (stolen from jblack, thanks!)   14 years 16 weeks ago

Thanks. You really are too kind.

• Listology's worst movies ever   14 years 16 weeks ago

doesn't your brother like this movie? :-)

• Listology's worst movies ever   14 years 16 weeks ago

I gave The Stoned Age 2 Stars in IMDB. My 3 Star movies are...

Haunting, The (1999)
    Mission to Mars (2000)
    Speed 2: Cruise Control (1997)
    Sphere (1998)
    Very Bad Things (1998)

...but I don't know if those are bad enough for this list. My big problem here is I go out of my way not to watch bad movies. :-)