• The Top Ten Disney Full-Length Cartoons of All Time**   13 years 46 weeks ago

Wow, a treasure trove of Disney! I can't even remember seeing some of these, but I bet you watched a couple of these a dozen times or more!

• James Bond - the worst   13 years 46 weeks ago

Casino Royale is a bad Bond movie, but a good 60's one. Look out for Peter Sellers playing Evelyn Trimble, an Austin Powers in embyro....great costumes, sets, Dionne Warwick sings, and Herb Alpert gets horny. Plus a truly explosive finale.

• Movies that I have yet to see and must rent this summer (Under Construction)   13 years 46 weeks ago

I have just finished my finals, so summer has officially begun for me. I plan on beginning to watch these films this weekend. I will comment on each of the movies as I watch them.

• Top 12 WORST Picks to Sing at Kareoke Night   13 years 46 weeks ago

I would have to add Stairway to Heaven (need I mention who it's by?). Everyone thinks it's great until they're standing up there doing nothing for about five minutes during the guitar solos.

• Top 12 WORST Picks to Sing at Kareoke Night   13 years 46 weeks ago

thanks for the recommendation. :-)

• Top 12 WORST Picks to Sing at Kareoke Night   13 years 46 weeks ago

thanks for the clarification--and hey jude is definitely one to add...

• To Read, and in my Possession   13 years 46 weeks ago

First of all Jim, you put me to shame, and I call myself a future Lit major!! After seeing your lists and your posts I realize I'm in no capacity to teach this wonderful subject to the future of America. Second of all, have you read A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole? If I made a list I would put it under "Most Entertaining Books," right up there with Portnoy's Complaint.

• My Favorite Albums   13 years 46 weeks ago

I'm glad to see Crush by The Dave Matthews Band on your list, but what about Under the Table and Dreaming or Before These Crowded Streets?

• I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to find a   13 years 46 weeks ago

That's true, but they are the same two books. I know he had written many (something like 10 at least), and I was hoping to find a complete list.

• I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to find a   13 years 46 weeks ago

Searching www.abebooks.com for author: Simon Brett and title: Three Detectives turned up quite a few books available.

• Favorite Westerns (Some Guilty, Some Otherwise)   13 years 46 weeks ago

OUAT also has the great scene where the gunman says to Charles Bronson, "Looks like we didn't bring enough horses." Bronson replies, "No, you brought two too many."

• Alltime Sweatiest Movies   13 years 46 weeks ago

12 Angry Men for sure, but I have to think about Lawrence (which is one of my favorites). Bridge on the River Kwai comes to mind also.

• My Top Ten Favorite Musical Soundtracks   13 years 46 weeks ago

hahaha... i'm laughing because i'm as white as a white girl can be--we just did the *pretend* version, i guess. actually we somehow focused it more on social class than race--and no one in rural western new york seemed to notice! (good thing no broadway purists were there.)

• Lesser-Known Movies I Love   13 years 46 weeks ago

You will actually find that several of us on the listology also love Impromptu! I have it listed I think on several of my lists, including Underrated Movies, where several other listologists commented that they love it too!
    As to the other two, I've heard of Whole Wide World but haven't seen it, haven't heard of the other.

• My Top Ten Favorite Musical Soundtracks   13 years 46 weeks ago

hey there! another musical lover. well, yes, i've been in a few of these. but a lot on this list are too recent to be in high school, college, and community productions. the problem with living in new york is that you can't do any shows that are currently on broadway because the location of my school is too close to nyc. so now that i'm in boston for college, we can do whatever we want! can't wait to start on the good stuff..... i always wished i was in once on this island. that's the unfortunate result of being so pale, i could be in the arian race--can't do any of the really soulful musicals like ragtime or once on this island, or west side story. glad to hear you've had the pleasure of doing that show. anything goes rocks, too!! i did that my junior year. fun fun. :-)

• Top 9 Chick Singers That Really Rock!!   13 years 46 weeks ago

i'm talking old-school jewel. OBVIOUSLY!! (*giggle*). well you're right, she's not even in the same realm as ani. becase ani is a goddess and jewel's stil in the application process for getting her wings (and it's not looking good for her, it seems). but i still think jewel has her moments. i mean, can you honestly say you didn't rock out to "who will save your soul" a few times?

• Top 9 Chick Singers That Really Rock!!   13 years 46 weeks ago

gee i wonder who that is!? *wink* love you tiddlywinks. yeah ani!

• 10 Reasons To Worship Albert Brooks   13 years 46 weeks ago

Oh, I'd have to add something from Out of Sight, perhaps his finest dramatic turn.

• 10 Reasons To Worship Albert Brooks   13 years 46 weeks ago

What a great list! I don't like every film on the list (I particularly found Mother weak, excepting the ice cream scene and the attempts to use the video phone), but I loved every scene you mentioned. My, isn't Broadcast News shamelessly forgotten nowadays?

• Overrated Actors/Actresses   13 years 46 weeks ago

I also disagree about Robin Williams. He is not only a great comic actor: Birdcage, Good Morning Vietnam, Mrs. Doubtfire, and Aladdin (voice). He may be an even better dramatic actor: Fisher King, Good Will Hunting, Dead Poet's Society, Awakenings, World According to Garp, Toys, Patch Adams, Jack, and Dead Again (cameo). He has another drama on video, Jacob the Liar. All of these roles incorporate his comedic ability into the performances, but comedy is what people are most familiar with him. I feel that his Fisher King was a standout performance, and could have won him the Oscar, if it weren't for the overwelming popularity of Silence of the Lambs.

• Overrated Actors/Actresses   13 years 46 weeks ago

I agree that Al Pacino has been typecast as over-the-top, highly emotionable characters. However, that does not mean that he is not a very good actor. The following is his pre-Scent of a Woman resume: Godfather series, Dog Day Afternoon, Scarface, Serpico, And Justice For All, Dick Tracy, and Frankie and Johnny. These roles are relatively diverse and some of the performances are great. His 90's resume is strong as well: Glengarry Glen Ross, Carlito's Way, Heat, Looking for Richard, Two Bits, City Hall, Donnie Brasco, Devil's Advocate, Insider, and Any Given Sunday. Once again, the characters often have forceful, aggressive aspects, but many have endearing and emotional sides as well. I just feel that Hollywood has overall typecast Pacino, and that in no way means he is overrated.

• 10 Books i'll never get tired of   13 years 46 weeks ago

Ah, Tom Robbins... Same plot over and over, by boy, that writing! Few writers are as fun to read.

My favorite by him is also Still Life, with Jitterbug, most of Skinny Legs (the ending got a bit preachy), and the very interesting Half-Asleep coming up behind.

Now, we'll have to talk about that King...

• Alltime Sweatiest Movies   13 years 46 weeks ago

12 Angry Men?
    Lawrence of Arabia? (Well, those desert shots made me sweaty!)

• 10 essential cds for the serious audiophile   13 years 46 weeks ago

Great list. While I haven't heard Diane Schun, I greatly enjoy your choices. For Rolling Stones, I'd personally still stick with Exile, for Dylan, Blood on the Tracks, for Morrison, Astral Weeks, and Cash, well, I probably would go for an older disc. All nitpicking, for your list is mighty and a distinct delight.

• Favorite Westerns (Some Guilty, Some Otherwise)   13 years 46 weeks ago

Finally, Once Upon a Time in the West is recognized! My goodness, that film haunts me. Sometimes, I hear that tortured, wailing harmonica and see the flashback of the lone man walking out of focus down that dusty plain, and I just remember how good films can be.