• the SILVER SCREEN edition of TRIVIAL PURSUIT   15 years 15 weeks ago

ok jgandcag( if that really is your name...) You got it right..!!

• Movie quotes from more real movies.GET TO IT!   15 years 15 weeks ago

Well..Lori Petty played Kit Keller..Sound right?

• Jeff's Lyric Challenge   15 years 15 weeks ago

Well.. you are right sort of..still need a title for the song bro'.

• Movie quotes from more real movies.GET TO IT!   15 years 15 weeks ago

What was the character's name? I remember seeing someone who looked like Gillian Anderson and I researched and found out that it wasn't her.

• the SILVER SCREEN edition of TRIVIAL PURSUIT   15 years 15 weeks ago

You're right Buddy, but you labeled them # 28, and 29. They are # 29 and 30. I knew what you meant though.

• Movie quotes from more real movies.GET TO IT!   15 years 15 weeks ago

Buddy you're right and Dan you are right about buddy being wrong!

• DIRECTOR GAME ripped off from the wacky AAA   15 years 15 weeks ago

Thank you for pointing out the Papillon Bafoo. Jodie Foster did not direct Nell.

• the SILVER SCREEN edition of TRIVIAL PURSUIT   15 years 15 weeks ago

Pacino full name in Devils Advocate was John Milton..you know like Paradise Lost...werent vthey so clever.

Nicholson's character was Daryl Van Horne.

My wife is correct no one gets my sense of Humor. Crystal was a Joke...Oh Well

• Movie quotes from more real movies.GET TO IT!   15 years 15 weeks ago

Gillian Anderson was not in A League of Their Own.

• the SILVER SCREEN edition of TRIVIAL PURSUIT   15 years 15 weeks ago

I'll give you 12 but the other one is wrong. Sorry

• the SILVER SCREEN edition of TRIVIAL PURSUIT   15 years 15 weeks ago

close bitterms. not quite.

• Favorite Action Scenes/Sequences   15 years 15 weeks ago

You're right! Both great scenes. The list will be updated to reflect that. Thanks!

• the SILVER SCREEN edition of TRIVIAL PURSUIT   15 years 15 weeks ago

Ah, heck. I can't pass this one up.

1 - $1
    2 - All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
    4 - Gowers
    6 - I tried to remember that as she was saying it, but you know what? I can't memorize numbers very well. I was 25 before I finally memorized my SS number.
    7 - 3 days?
    9 -I can't believe I can't remember this... Tony Randall was on the show - was he the host too?
    11 - He needs the water, dude
    12 - Sled (should you put a spoiler alert in the title?)
    13 - Fay Wray and Jessica Lange
    14 - Save the Tiger (Actor) and Mister Roberts (supporting actor, I believe)

• Great Robert De Niro Films   15 years 15 weeks ago

That is a wonderful film sk. I cant put them all down or the list would be a mile long.

• Movie quotes from more real movies.GET TO IT!   15 years 15 weeks ago

SK you are right on all but 16, but that is real close. Nathanial, sorry buddy.

• the SILVER SCREEN edition of TRIVIAL PURSUIT   15 years 15 weeks ago

3. 16 hours (according to her, and of recorded static).

• Movie quotes from more real movies.GET TO IT!   15 years 15 weeks ago

13. is that The Big Sleep

• the SILVER SCREEN edition of TRIVIAL PURSUIT   15 years 15 weeks ago

12, a sled
    14. Glengarry Glen Ross & Save the Tiger

• Great Robert De Niro Films   15 years 15 weeks ago

And for me one of my favorite baseball movies, Bang the Drum Slowly.

• Movie quotes from more real movies.GET TO IT!   15 years 15 weeks ago

11. Apollo 13
    13. To Have and Have not.
    14. Boogie Nights
    16. racing with the night

• The New Critical Underground Guide to Albums of 2001   15 years 15 weeks ago

You certainly would not be out of place in the group. You are very critical, your judgements are your own, and you have very good taste. I highly, highly respect you and your criticisms.

Can you join? Honestly, not right now. 15 members are alot, and it keeps me entirely too busy as it is. I recently had to temporarily put our DVD ratings on hold because I simply could not keep up with everything as it is (though I do hope to start it back up soon). I decided early on that 15 members was going to be my limit for the group. Any more, and I will work myself to death on this puppy.

If we ever lose a member, you will certainly be in the running as a replacement.

I hope you take no offence; my sanity simply will not allow any more members right now.

Still friends, I trust?

• The New Critical Underground Guide to Albums of 2001   15 years 15 weeks ago

Would I be allowed to get involved? I mean, I have some decent objective criticisms, dontcha think Les?

• 0005. Some Under-Rated Films   15 years 15 weeks ago

You know what? I think Showtime and its sister channels run this one every once in a while. I'm rather sure I've seen that name pop up on my program guide before. Pretty good, eh? I'll have to check it out next time it's on.

Thanks for the suggestion!

• The New Critical Underground Guide to Albums of 2001   15 years 15 weeks ago

Well, if you don't dig the guide, that's cool. We created the guide in order to help people find great art and avoid turkeys, and if the guide doesn't really help you in that respect, then it certainly isn't for you.

I will add that none of the critics in the group is what I would call the average guy or gal. I am proud that we are usually critisized for being too tough on work and not the other way around. Rather than people complaining that we rate Rambo or Sleepless in Seattle too highly (which was an occasion problem with the older version of the Critical Underground (the pre-New group), we usually have people complaining that we rated, say, Guided by Voice's latest album too low. I can dig this. When we give a high rating, I want it to mean something. I'd rather us be too tough than too easy on work, and I believe we certainly are not on the wrong side of the line right now. For instance, one gander at our guide for 2001 films reveals not a single film rated above *** 1/2. In fact, most films by far have received * 1/2!

The folks in the group are certainly not average. I selected each and every one of them because they displayed excellent independent critical judgement; every member brings something different to the group, and I feel the group's ratings and guides can easily compete with any other guide out there.

I don't mind your comments in the least; you know I love a decent debate! :)

• 10 Best of '99   15 years 15 weeks ago

i'm sorry to see that playing by heart didn't make the cut... but i was pleased by its mere mention. not enough people have seen this movie! there is definitely something a little... dare i say sappy?... about it, BUT- it just makes you feel so good after watching it. and how can not love angelina jolie after seeing this movie?? you simply must