• Avoid if You're Getting Married Soon   15 years 4 weeks ago

Hmmm...nasty in-laws, shallow/obsessive wife...yeah. This one is definitely scarier for the guys, but it's worth adding!

• Avoid if You're Getting Married Soon   15 years 4 weeks ago

There are so many I had forgotten. This one is fantastic, what engaged person would want to watch a bitter breakup in progress?

• Avoid if You're Getting Married Soon   15 years 4 weeks ago

I think this falls quite nicely into the category of "serious misjudgement".

• Avoid if You're Pregnant   15 years 4 weeks ago

I was trying to think of the name of that one! All I could remember was Damien. Thank you!

• ALL MIXED UP/ Decipher these movie titles   15 years 4 weeks ago

You no mark me down for Duck Soup?

• Yet Another Search Improvement   15 years 4 weeks ago

Two things, Jim. First, the color seems to be a bit garish, to me anyways. But, that's a minor nitpick, especially considering how your new color scheme was at first not well received, but I'm willing to bet it's grown on people.

Second, you aren't highlighting search terms that are in the title of a list. Is that intentional?

• Yet Another Search Improvement   15 years 4 weeks ago

Hey, Jim! I think you should have as much fun as you like with the site. :-)

On a related note I searched for the phrase 'DVDs I Own' (without quotes) to look at everyone's DVD lists and when I clicked on a list which was returned by the search every 'I' in every list was highlighted blue. I don't know if this was an intended or unintended side-effect.

• Favorite teams by sport   15 years 4 weeks ago

Can't say I have much in common with you here, jblack. My list is:

College: Unversity of Washington (though I like University of Idaho too)
    NFL: Minnesota Vikings
    NBA: Seattle Sonics
    MLB: Seattle Mariners
    NHL: Don't really have one, but probably lean towards Phoenix or Minnesota

• The Great Black Actors   15 years 4 weeks ago

Interesting discussion on the terms "actor" and "actress" here. It starts at the sixth post.

• Avoid if You're Getting Married Soon   15 years 4 weeks ago

Mybe "To Die For" is a fit for this list.

• The Great Black Actors   15 years 4 weeks ago

Hey jblack, I was wondering what you would consider each actor's best role to be? Also, would there be any actors who were primarily TV actors (such as Bill Cosby) that you would rank high? Finally, how would comedic actors, such as Richard Pryor and Eddie Murphy, rank in your list?

Just curious... :)

• 20 Greatest Alternative/Punk/New Wave Albums Ever Made.   15 years 4 weeks ago

Thank you Lester. I keep looking forward to more great lists and remarks from the one and only...... L. Bangs!!!!

• The Great Black Actors   15 years 4 weeks ago

I like Don Cheadle and alot of the actresses you named. They are actresses though. I will make a great black actress list soon.

• Avoid if You're Pregnant   15 years 4 weeks ago

My nominee for this one would be The Omen. Though I know many parents who think their children are devil spawned

Alan Parsons, Styx and Rush are three of the greatest artists of all time. There was changes, bridges, and more than 4 notes that made up their unforgettable melodies. Opinions are like A holes bro'. Take a deep breath, I'm on your side.

• Avoid if You're Getting Married Soon   15 years 4 weeks ago

I think you could safely say no one getting married should ever see "War of the Roses" with Kathleen Turner and Michael Douglas. A very funny bitter movie.

• ALL MIXED UP/ Decipher these movie titles   15 years 4 weeks ago

dgeiser1 (DAN) begins the game. Good job!

• Avoid if You're Pregnant   15 years 4 weeks ago

Alien Resurrection is even worse; my wife and I made the mistake of seeing it when she was quite pregnant. Trust me. BIG mistake.

• Avoid if You're Getting Married Soon   15 years 4 weeks ago

I don't know if this exactly fits in with the theme, but the relationship of the couple in What Lies Beneath might fit here...

• Avoid if You're Getting Married Soon   15 years 4 weeks ago

i would say so... it was pretty traumatic to watch, and i wasn't even in a relationship at the time--made me feel good about being single, lemmee tell ya. ;)

• Avoid if You're Getting Married Soon   15 years 4 weeks ago

I haven't seen it. Does that fall into the "marriage gone stale" category?

• Avoid if You're Getting Married Soon   15 years 4 weeks ago

i imagine Story of Us with Bruce Willis and Michelle Pfeiffer would be a good fit for this list...

• Books I should probably have on my desk at work   15 years 4 weeks ago

Well, it seems to me that with the development of Fortran 90/95, there aren't too many features that C truly has that Fortran doesn't. It seems to me it's more of a preference than one being truly better than the other (at least, for all applications). This is coming from someone with little to no formal CS training, though.

• Books I should probably have on my desk at work   15 years 4 weeks ago

Yeah I know. I'm still sorry :) My second programming class in college was Fortran. Then I took C and breathed a sigh of relief.

• Wierdest movie I've seen in a while   15 years 4 weeks ago

:-) You have been known to occassionally make a controversial statement or two, so I think that counts as stirring the pot. Which is cool - life gets boring otherwise. The cream rises to the top. The rice sticks and burns. And all other kinda of bad metaphorical consequences. I know pot-stirred can be viewed as an insult, but that was not my intent.

I saw Ebert's review. I enjoy his reviews, but find him to be hit-or-miss. I've rented some real dogs on his endorsement. He's certainly the most famous movie critic, but I don't know if I'd say best.

Even though they are done by different people, I do tend to like the Salon reviews, and they panned it. But most critics liked it (if barely).

Still, I'll probably skip it because I'm not a big fan of the play, so I'm having a hard time getting excited for the movie.