• A Film (or two) for Every State   15 years 14 weeks ago

For New Mexico, The Milagro Beanfield War. I just moved to New Mexico and, while I haven't seen this film yet, people have told us that it gives a very good description of the interaction between all of the cultures here (Native, Spanish and Anglo).

• What should I read next?   15 years 14 weeks ago

Kristin, why does almost everything on your list have 2 entries in the results?

• GAME0004: Name the Movie (Weird Actor Pairings)   15 years 14 weeks ago

009 is "Mallrats" Great list!

• GE. Genre Movies: Horror: Good and Bad Vampire Movies   15 years 14 weeks ago

Love the list. See "Nosferatu" '22 in a double feature with "Shadow of the Vampire" and you won't be disappointed. Judging by those you liked versus didn't I think you will really enjoy these two.

• evil songs/lyrics to have stuck in one's head   15 years 14 weeks ago

Lately I'm getting annoyed again by that "Charlie's Angels" song by Destiny's Child. "Tell me how your Angels get down like that!" I hate that line. I hate all the lines. They sound so lame. And they get stuck in my head.

• A Film (or two) for Every State   15 years 14 weeks ago

Whoops. Never mind.

• A Film (or two) for Every State   15 years 14 weeks ago

I believe, but am not certain, that "Me, Myself and Irene" is set in Delaware.

• 5 Tom Hanks Movies the World would be better off without   15 years 14 weeks ago

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for hating Forrest Gump. Just for that I'm endorsing you. Yes! The first time I saw it I was like, eh, it's okay. Then as the hype grew my hatred for it grew, until finally the horrible experience of watching Forrest Gump beat out Pulp Fiction AND The Shawshank Redemption for the Oscar. So thank you for being sane.

• The best of the horror cycles   15 years 14 weeks ago

Dude, can I just say, that there was no mention of "Sleepaway Camp" which had three movies to its credit? Dude, they're my favorite bad horror movie cycle. Check them out; they're funny, and way way better than the Slumber Party ones.

• Whose line is it?:Lyric Challenge(props to jeffro)   15 years 14 weeks ago

30 = "Whip-Smart" by Liz Phair. I luff her.

• Another Character Game-Newer Films   15 years 14 weeks ago

Number 32= Craig Sheffer in "Some Kind of Wonderful"?

• THE MOVIE GAME   15 years 14 weeks ago

"cause it's the right thing to do, and a tasty way to do it."

sorry. couldn't resist.

• THE MOVIE GAME   15 years 14 weeks ago

I'm going to go with Wilford Brimley on this one.

• ZLMC001: Taxi Driver (1976) [Spoiler Alert!]   15 years 14 weeks ago

Oh, and it disturbed me some to realize how much Travis reminded me of someone I knew in college.

• ZLMC001: Taxi Driver (1976) [Spoiler Alert!]   15 years 14 weeks ago

OK. Random comments before I read everyone else's.

This movie made me feel like a luddite. The first blockbuster I went to only carried it on DVD. (Not related to the movie itself I realize but I wanted to mention it).

I'd never even heard of the movie so I didn't have any preconceived notions going in. I did think that the scene with them panning across all of the dead bodies was COMPLETELY unnecessary. (I'm squeamish and don't deal well with violent movies in general).

Did anyone catch the denomination of the crumpled bill? (my TV is small enough I couldn't)

• THE MOVIE GAME   15 years 14 weeks ago

Paris Texas

• Great Films By Stanley Kubrick   15 years 14 weeks ago

Sorry, Jeff. Old habits die hard.

I usually assume that most folks, such as myself, use a nickname here on Listology. When I first started reading your lists, I assume you swiped the name from Jack Black, the actor who played Barry, the very opinionated employee in High Fidelity. I later learned, of course, that I was wrong, but I must admit, I still think of you as Jack.

Again, sorry. Just slap me if I do it again.

• THE MOVIE GAME   15 years 14 weeks ago

The Firm

• THE SCREENPLAY GAME   15 years 14 weeks ago

6. Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? - Edward Albee
    9. An Unmarried Woman - John Cassevetes
    19. Taxi Driver - Paul Schrader
    28. Stir of Echoes - Richard Matheson
    48. Heathers - Daniel Waters
    70. The Hospital - Paddy Chayefsky
    85. Kiss of the Spider Woman - Hector Babenco

• THE SCREENPLAY GAME   15 years 14 weeks ago

Hey, Jeff! Actually I'm wrong on The Right Stuff. Tom Wolfe is only credited with the book. And I'm only 1/2 right on Annie Hall.

• Books I'd assign if I were a high-school English teacher   15 years 14 weeks ago

I unfortunately would need to agree with Nadine, You would not last long as a High School English Teacher. You would end up in front of the school committe trying to explain the justification of teaching some of these books. What a pitiful thought that really is....Its been some time since I was in High School but it still galls me in how schools, parents and politicians underestimate the intelligence and understanding of teenagers. Its Ok for them to see the glorification of Sex and Drugs in the Music and TV shows they watch but it is inappropriate for them to read 200 plus pages of beautiful writing that most often give a well rounded view on subjects thats are and should be important to them.

Rant Over

65. Scarface (1983) - Oliver Stone
    76. Rocky - Sylvester Stallone
    77. Annie Hall - Woody Allen

• THE MOVIE GAME   15 years 14 weeks ago

Good choice

• THE SCREENPLAY GAME   15 years 14 weeks ago

Dude, you are high! Quentin Tarantino and Roger Avary wrote the stories. Quentin Tarantino wrote the screenplay.