• Incredibly Cheap Music   14 years 45 weeks ago

what?! that's weird!

• DIRECTOR GAME ripped off from the wacky AAA   14 years 45 weeks ago

You Know the deal people.
    1.Willow(Ron Howard by AAA)
    2.This Is Spinal Tap(Rob Reiner by AAA)
    3.Z(Costa-Gravas by jgandcag)
    4.Bringing Up Baby(Howard Hawks by lbangs)
    5.Philadelphia(Jonathon demme by lbangs)
    6.Alice Doesnt Live Here Anymore(Martin Scorsese by lbangs)
    7.Repulsion(Roman Polanski by lbangs)
    8.Gunga DinGeorge Stevens by jcandcag)
    9.Shoeshine(Vittorio DeSica by lbangs)
    10.The Seventh Seal(Ingmar Bergman by AAA)
    11.Straw Dogs(Sam Peckinpah by lbangs)
    12.Dog Day Afternoon(Sidney Lumet by lbangs)
    13.Drugstore Cowboy(Gus VanSant by lbangs)
    14.Barry Lyndon(Stanley Kubrick by AAA)
    15.Midnight Cowboy(John Schlesinger by lbangs)
    16.The Falcon And The Snowman(John Schlesinger by dgeiser1)
    17.Bridge On The River Kwai(David Lean by lbangs)
    18.Frenzy(Alfred Hitchcock by lbangs)
    19.West Side Story(Robert Wise by lbangs)
    20.Five Easy Pieces(Bob Rafelson by lbangs)
    21.The Apartment(Billy Wilder by lbangs)
    22.Carrie(Brian depalma by lbangs)
    23.The King Of Comedy(Martin Scorsese by lbangs)
    24.Hard Eight(Paul Thomas Anderson by lbangs)
    25.Stagecoach(John Ford by lbangs)
    26.A Perfect World(Clint Eastwood by lbangs)
    27.On The Waterfront(Elia Kazan by lbangs)
    28.Ordinary People(Redford by lbangs)
    29.Reds(Beatty by lbangs)
    30.Inherit The Wind(Stanley Kramer by dgeiser1)
    31.The Killing Of A Chinese Bookie(Cassevetes by lbangs)
    32.Performance(Roeg by lbangs)
    33.Small Change(Truffaut by lbangs)
    34.Cabaret(Underrated Fosse by lbangs)
    35.Kids(Larry Clarke by Tallus)
    36.Mississippi Burning(Parker by lbangs)
    37.The Maltese Falcon(John Huston by lbangs)
    38.The Killing Fields(Roland Joffe by dgeiser1)
    39.Dont Look Now(Roeg by lbangs)
    40.1941(Speilberg by lbangs)
    41.Sleuth(Joseph L. Mankeweicz by lbangs)
    42.Judgement At Nuremberg(Stanley Kramer by dgeiser1)
    43.Oliver(Carol Reed by Tallus)
    44.Days of Heaven(Terence Malick by lbangs)
    45.The Up Documentaries(Michael Apted by lbangs)
    46.Lorenzos Oil(George Miller by lbangs)
    47.Rules Of The Game(Jean Renoir by dgeiser1)
    48.Night Of The Hunter(Charles Laughton by dgeiser1)
    49.I Want To Live
    50.Hud (Martin Ritt by jgandcag)
    51.An American In Paris(Vincent Minnelli by jgandcag)
    52.Blow Out(Blow Out by dgeiser1)
    53.The Picture Of Dorian Gray
    54.The Lost Weekend(Billy Wilder by lbangs)
    55.The Best years Of Our Lives(William Wyler byjgandcag)
    56.I Am A Fugitive From A Chain Gang(Mervil LeRoy by lbangs)
    57.Freaks(Todd Browning by jgandcag)
    58.The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari(Robert Wiene by lbangs)
    59.La Strada(Fredrico Fellini by lbangs)
    60.The Creature From The Black Lagoon
    61.An Unmarried Woman(Paul Mazersky by jgandcag)
    62.Johns
    63.The Last Picture Show(Peter Bogdanovich by lbangs)
    64.Gaslight(George Cukor by jgandcag)
    65.Darling(John Schlesinger by lbangs)
    66.The 400 Blows(Francois Truffaut by lbangs)
    67.Valmont(Milos Forman by jgandcag)
    68.Nashville(Robert Altman by lbangs)
    69.Two Women(Vittorio De Sica by lbangs)
    70.The Prime Of Miss Jean Brodie
    71.Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf?(Mike Nichols by lbangs)
    72.Cries And Whispers(Ingmar Bergman ny lbangs)
    73.Peeping Tom(Michael Powell by lbangs)
    74.Millers Crossing(Joel Coen by lbangs)
    75.Angels With Dirty Faces(Michael Curtiz by lbangs)
    76.Le Samourai(1967)(Jean-Pierre Melville by dgeiser1)
    77.Un Chien Andalou(Luios Bunuel by dgeiser1)
    78.Pickpocket(1959)(Robet Bresson by labangs)
    79.Pandora's Box(1928)(G.W. Pabst by lbangs)
    80.Greed(1925)(Eric von Stroheim by sebreg)
    81.The Passion Of Joan Of Arc(1928)(Carl Dreyer by lbangs)
    82.Grand Illusion(1937)(Jean Renoir by lbangs)
    83.McCabe and Mrs. Miller(1971)(Robert Altman by lbangs)
    84.Ninotchka(Ernst Lubitsch by lbangs)
    85.Nanook Of The North(Robert J. Flaherty by lbangs)
    86.Intolerance(D.W. Griffith by lbangs)
    87.A Trip to The Moon(Georges Melies by lbangs)
    88.The Great Train Robbery(Edwin S. Porter by lbangs)
    89.Modern Times(Charlie Chaplin by lbangs)
    90.L'Atalante(Jean Vigo by lbangs)
    91.Orpheus(Jean Cocteau by lbangs)
    92.Floating Weeds(Yasujiro Ozu by lbangs)
    93.Carnal Knowledge(Mike Nichols by dgeiser1)
    94.Breakfast At Tiffany's(Blake Edwards by lbangs)
    95.Blowup(Michelangelo Antononio by lbangs)
    96.L'Avventura(Michelangelo Antonioni by lbangs)
    97.Amarcord(Fredrico Fellini by lbangs)
    98.Swept Away(Lina Wertmueller by lbangs)
    99.Detour
    100.Broken Blossoms(D.W. Griffith by lbangs)
    101.On A Clear Day You Can see Forever(Vincent Minnelli by jgandcag)
    102.David And Lisa
    103.A Patch Of Blue
    104.Papillon
    105.Adams Rib(George Cukor by lbangs)
    106.The Abyss(James Cameron by jgandcag)
    107.The Exorcist(Eilliam Friedkin by jgandcag)
    108.The Sorrow And The Pity
    109.The Sixth Sense
    110.Kiss The Girls
    111.Omega Man
    112.Papillon
    113.The Great Zeigfield
    114.Three Days Of The Condor
    115.Nell

49 is Jean-Luc Goddard, 109 is M. Night Shamalan (or something close to that), 114 is Sydney Pollock, and 115 is Jodie Foster.

• Incredibly Cheap Music   14 years 45 weeks ago

Nice thought, and something I've been wanting to get, but amazon's apparently got a bug that won't let me put it in my shopping cart!

• Incredibly Cheap Music   14 years 45 weeks ago

dgeiser1 wrote:

Yes, this link does have an associates ID in it! All monies I receive from Amazon.com I pledge to contribute to the upkeep of Listology.

Have you considered creating an Incredibly Expensive Music list? ;-) Just kidding of course! Thanks for the thought! I really have to set up a donations program soon.

• Jeff's Lyric Challenge   14 years 45 weeks ago

45 is "First there is a Mountainous" by the insrmountable Donovan Leitch

• Read in 2001   14 years 45 weeks ago

buber, to tell you the truth i really enjoyed this book. so much that i've been culling ebay for a few more titles to read! i think christopher priest has been around since the early 70s so he's not a young guy. i'm suprised he's not more popular.

• Listology Movie Club, Part Deux!   14 years 45 weeks ago

JBlack, where are you?!

• 0001: My Favorite Television Programs   14 years 45 weeks ago

I also miss Freaks and Geeks. I loved that program. It will be missed.

• Great Movies About Football   14 years 45 weeks ago

Hey Greg. I am anxious to see your greatest films list. Please take the time out to think and do it.. Now Please!!!!

• Crappy Bands/Artists that I don't see why kids like them.   14 years 45 weeks ago

you da man. how about those terps!!!!

At time of list, they were just making headlines, but that is a great one. They SUCK!

• Great Teen Movies of The 80's   14 years 45 weeks ago

Slipped my mind...thanks for the head's up

• Another Character Game-Newer Films   14 years 45 weeks ago

good job spanker..

• Movie Club (aka Movie Discussion Group) Anyone!   14 years 45 weeks ago

Yeah..every two weeks. I'm unclear as to where you want us to see these. Movie rentals or theatrical Releases? And also, I think we should really get going on this Dan. Lets do it. Video or theatre?

• Another Character Game-Newer Films   14 years 45 weeks ago

#38 is Michael Imperioli from Goodfellas. I just saw him on the tube or I never would have guessed this.

• 0002. 10 (or more) Over-Rated Films   14 years 45 weeks ago

Shakespeare In Love and West Side Story both had no business winning best picture. Neither did Titanic for that matter. The rest of these I could put up a pretty good argument for. I would but none of those films are named One Flew Over The Cuckko's Nest, Dr. Strangelove, Last Tango In Paris, The Godfather's part I and II, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Midnight Cowboy, Taxi Driver, Apocalypse Now, The Deer Hunter, or The Man Who Fell To Earth. So, I'm not gonna debate this. Maybe some of these movies recieved too much praise and exposure, however I dont think that should retract from their strong points. I didn't see you say you hated any of these films Les, so I don't know why I'm rambling on and on and on and on......

Much love,
    Jeff

Also, I agree with this list. As a young person (14), these bands are popular among my friends, but they suck.

I am so sad, I live five minutes away from College Park. I am very upset. I had them going all the way.

Hey they had their name and their ass...just ran out of gas...I'll talk to you about that later though...what about your Spartans?

• Rock Goddess (Looks do count on this list!)And they can't SUCK   14 years 45 weeks ago

Yeah sure..but so does Shania Twain and you know I'm not putting her sorry a$$ on here....You're right though Sheena is definitely hot.

Yeah, AAA I was upset myself. I too had them taking home the hardware...oh well I guess for one night I'll be an Arizona fan. I hate Duke.

• Top 5 Scorsese Films   14 years 45 weeks ago

Struggle on....You know I like TD, but I couldn't decide which one to put in between it and Temptation. I put LTOC in because of the timing that I saw it and just because I liked the movie more. Sorry.

• Top 5 Scorsese Films   14 years 45 weeks ago

I'm strugglin'. No "Taxi Driver"?

• Movie Club (aka Movie Discussion Group) Anyone!   14 years 45 weeks ago

OK, I have a created an LMC (Listology Movie Club) Home Article.

Anyone who is interested can take a look at this to see where we are in the nomination, voting, watching or discussion process for any film in any given week. I looked the schedule over a few times and I think it makes sense.

I'm going to go ahead and create a nominations list for the first selection of the LMC and link to it from the home article.

• Movie Club (aka Movie Discussion Group) Anyone!   14 years 45 weeks ago

Jeff, I'm pretty sure we'll have to go with video releases. I'm fine with doing it. Hopefully more people will participate as time goes on.