• All In the Family   14 years 4 weeks ago

Indeed the Everly Brothers really were brothers. Thanks Jim!

• All In the Family   14 years 4 weeks ago

The Everly Brothers? Or is that just their band name?

• As voted by Listology Members: 10 Greatest films ever made   14 years 4 weeks ago

This is a really great idea for a list!

• highly awaited CDs   14 years 4 weeks ago

I heard a sentence fragment while changing radio stations that seemed to imply that Peter Gabriel is coming out with a new album this spring. I'm looking forward to that one.

• read in 2001   14 years 4 weeks ago

Big Trouble worked pretty well for me in that I read it on a plane. Nice light somewhat humorous reading, but nothing earth-shattering.

Straight Man was pretty good. It gave some insights into academic feuding that I hope aren't entirely accurate. Worth reading but it wouldn't be at the top of my list of recommendations.

• soundtracks i own   14 years 4 weeks ago

thanks for the suggestions! would you believe that the only of those movies that i've seen is boogie nights? and that was so long ago that i can't even remember it. sigh. i'm so far behind.

i love cameron crowe, and keep meaning to check out singles, but i'm kinda intimidated by everything he's said about its narrative structure. the music is right up my alley, though. we'll see. :)

• soundtracks i own   14 years 4 weeks ago

thanks for sharing, ender....did you actually *find* the but i'm a cheerleader soundtrack in a store or commercially? because i couldn't find it anywhere, i had to put it together myself. just curious. :)

• Good shows that went on too long   14 years 4 weeks ago

We've been TV-less for three years now, and the only show I miss is The Simpsons. Sadly I have heard that it has gone downhill. Does it's absence from this list mean you think it's still going strong, or that you never liked it well enough to include it?

• To Buy/Borrow, Technical   14 years 4 weeks ago

I think it's pretty cool. Lots of information, but none of it is buried by virtue of your left navigation bar. Content-wise, I thought your response to the ABC article was well-articulated. Two very minor suggestions:

1. In your upper navigation bar, it would be nice if the text links lined up with the icons they corresponded to. You could do this with a table.
    2. It might be nice to put a border around some of your shaded boxes.

But in short, I like it!

• The 100 Most Frequently Challenged Books of 1990-1999   14 years 4 weeks ago

What exactly do you mean by "challenged"? I can't imagine that all of these books are on school reading lists, which is where I would imagine most challenges come from. Are they simply available in school libraries? Public libraries?

• The Ten (or so)Greatest Foreign Films   14 years 4 weeks ago

He's like a foreign version of Nicolas Roeg or David Lynch. He weaves different time frames together to tell a very enigmatic and hard to follow story. Thats not bad though because he does it to make you feel like his characters feel. What day is it? wher am I? Have I been here before? Do I know you? Questions that arise through all his movies. He does it quite brilliantly.

• The Ten (or so)Greatest Foreign Films   14 years 4 weeks ago

This list makes me realize that there's still alot of foreign films I want to see. I still haven't seen La Dolce Vita or any Eisenstein. I'm curious about Resnais, is there any general info that you could give me on his films?

• The Ten (or so)Greatest Foreign Films   14 years 4 weeks ago

Thanks AAA. I just noticed that my dumb ass left off Battleship Potemkin. Note that it is number 11.

• The Ten (or so)Greatest Foreign Films   14 years 4 weeks ago

Very nice list, very nice.

• 0026: Overrated Movies Sorted by Decade   14 years 4 weeks ago

The Green Mile dissapointed me, the only reason that it did was that it was almost too unpleasant. The better film was Shawshank, and the Green Mile was OK, but only that. American Beauty wasn't a bad film, it was just not as good as everybody else said it was, IMO. This is just my opinion, I am by no means "right" when I speak of these movies, this is just the way I look at them.

• history of my favorite shows   14 years 4 weeks ago

you know what i'm going to say...

• history of my favorite shows   14 years 4 weeks ago

taryn can you say ANGST . . .

• Movies That I'd Rather Eat Dirt Than See Again   14 years 4 weeks ago

I must say I dont agree with you at all.My reasons should be obvious, since you have undeniable masterpieces on this list.

• Titanic Verses: an expanding lyric MEGAQUIZ   14 years 4 weeks ago

OK. here we go
    #3. Pilot Can At The Queer Of God Flaming Lips
    #12. Bone Machine by The Pixies (you have two from that song)

#7. Who Put The Bomp by Barry Mann
    #54 All I Have To Do Is Dream The Everly Brothers

• Paranoia @ Salon   14 years 4 weeks ago

No, it's me. Here is the correct movie list link.

• The Ultimate Guide to Stanley Kubrick   14 years 4 weeks ago

I disagree with your views on the shining and Eyes Wide Shut. Both those films highlight his mastery in a big way.

• The AAA inspiration:Greatest Scenes List   14 years 4 weeks ago

Thanks sebreg. I really enjoy your views and opinions.

• The AAA inspiration:Greatest Scenes List   14 years 4 weeks ago

Great calls on the Deer Hunter and Apocalypse Now. The latter is my personal favorite.

• The numbers game   14 years 4 weeks ago

Now Min Is getting in the act. I'm digging this.

• The AAA inspiration:Greatest Scenes List   14 years 4 weeks ago

no problem AAA. my pleasure.