• Worst Movies Ever: An Interactive List   14 years 11 weeks ago

hi jen!

lea is here with me and we thought we'd post some stuff and say hello. ummm lea votes for these movies to be added to the list: "matinee" starring john goodman and (if TV movies count) "deadly intentions....again?" starring the mom from growing pains and harry hamlin. the best/worst thing about "deadly" was the harry hamlin's to-do list which included such items as "1. get new identity 2. shop for rat poison 3. kill wife" ha! i second lea's vote for "deadly intentions....again?" to be added to the list. it would really be funny if there was anyone else out there in listology who had also seen it....anyone?

love, katherine and lea

• HOPPING ON THE BANDWAGON: my lyric list...IT'S GROWING AND GROWING   14 years 11 weeks ago

any ideas about #10, bertie?

you know number 11!

• Books I Read in 2000   14 years 11 weeks ago

No problem. I know what you mean, I do that sometimes too (read for completeness) when I don't think I'm gonna think a book is going to be that great.

I was looking around the other day and saw someone with a bunch of Noon stuff on his/her list was that you?

• Worst Movies Ever: An Interactive List   14 years 11 weeks ago

Hey! Here's my votes. As the worst movies ever...

...please cast my vote(s) FOR:

Very Bad Things

Sphere

Speed 2: Cruise Control

Mission to Mars

The Haunting (1999)

The Stoned Age (1994)

and please cast my vote(s) AGAINST:

The Fly - Assuming you mean the film with Jeff Goldblum.

Two Girls and a Guy - I thought this film was very intriguing.

Darkman - This film is great! Like a comic-book come to life.

Dark City - This film too is wonderful. I gave it 9 stars on IMDB and I'm very picky.

Lost in Space - Could have been a helluva lot better but was still fun.

Mimic - Enjoyed.

Arachnaphobia - Fun and creepy crawly.

Dante's Peak - Better than that piece o shite Volcano.

Anaconda - Following the posters criteria this movie does not belong on this list. I vote AGAINST this as a bad film.

Apartment Zero - I liked this movie as well.

• Recently Viewed & Really Really Liked   14 years 11 weeks ago

Is 'Chasing Oblivion' the same as "Living in Oblivion', i.e. the film with Steve Buscemi as low-budget director?

• neat books i've finished in the last few months...   14 years 11 weeks ago

hi bertie, sorry it took so long...YES, styron does use "Ample make this bed" in sophie's choice. the main character, stingo, reads it a funeral at the end.

• literary songs   14 years 11 weeks ago

yeah, i kind of thought of that. it's a good idea, but i'm leaning against it for some reason. thanks tho!

• literary songs   14 years 11 weeks ago

definitely a good addition. thanks!

• literary songs   14 years 11 weeks ago

ok, first of all--i'm totally ashamed that i didn't already have this on the list. thanks for noting my major oversight. :)

• Worst Movies Ever: An Interactive List   14 years 11 weeks ago

Actually it didn't offend me, but I thought it was horrible. i DO want to read the book and see if it's any better.

• Worst Movies Ever: An Interactive List   14 years 11 weeks ago

Congratulations! You got a movie taken off the list ("Crash"). I still haven't seen it, but I suspect it might be in the category of movies that aren't that horrible, but offended people. Besides it has James Spader in it; that saves almost any movie for me.

• literary songs   14 years 11 weeks ago

"Don't Stand So Close to Me" The Police - line "that famous book by Nabakov"

• Worst Movies Ever: An Interactive List   14 years 11 weeks ago

More votes for Batman and Robin and The Avengers, two of the worst high-budget films ever. Defintely life-sucking. And sadly, Uma Thurman was in both, I can't imagine what she was thinking.

• Movie Quotes Part Two: The Revenge!   14 years 11 weeks ago

Hey! #32 is Die Hard, yes?

• Movies that Butcher History   14 years 11 weeks ago

Is there any movie, excluding documentaries, that doesn't butcher history?

• Movies I haven't tired of despite repeated viewings   14 years 11 weeks ago

Many of those movies I've seen a few times and could see again (or want to).

• Worst Movies Ever: An Interactive List   14 years 11 weeks ago

I Whole-Heartedly Disagreee:
    -------------------------------------------------

Excess Baggage - I'm sorry, but I found it quite delightful and fun. In fact, I think it is UNDERrated.

Crash - Certainly not Cronenberg's best, but 'Worst Film Ever'? ... No Way.

Please cast my votes for Worst Ever:
    -------------------------------------------------
    Armegeddon - not only was it drudfully dull, but was anyone else truly offended by the music--both the musucal selections and the score? I found it totally intolerable.

Batman & Robin - In my wildest dreams, I couldn't have imagined a more horrible piece of Hollywood grizzle.

Additionally:
    -------------------------------------------------
    Supernova - 1999 WOW! You rarely get to see movies this bad!

Mary Shelly's Frankenstein (Kenneth Branaugh) - I have only ever walked out of one film, and this was almost the second.

Johnny Neumonic - My friends and I left 1/2 hour into the movie. When the Box Office attendent inquired why we were leaving, she gave us our money back. I eventually watched it on video and it turned out as bad as it seemed it would be.

• Worst Movies Ever: An Interactive List   14 years 11 weeks ago

Event Horizon-- that's my vote! Fun idea, I'll have to think of a worthy nominee.

• Books I Read in 2000   14 years 11 weeks ago

Here's a copy of the review I left on Amazon. I hope you're not looking for motivation to get it off your shelf...

I like the writing style and the whole thing is very original but after _Vurt_ this was
    definitely disappointing. The characters were not as much fun as _Vurt_, the scenes
    weren't as cool as _Vurt_. I would have liked it a lot more if it was about 100 pages
    shorter. It just dragged and even at the end I didn't get excited, although the comical
    version of Charon was hilarious.

A warning to cyberpunkers that haven't read _Vurt_ there really is no 'science' involved in this 'cyberpunck' novel. It really is more like a modern fantasy - no computers and no
    technobable.

If you like his style a lot try it, if you're not impressed with his prose leave it on the shelf.

• great cover songs/remakes   14 years 11 weeks ago

Among my favorites is Roger Daltry's cover of Elton John's "Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me".

MarkW

• literary songs   14 years 11 weeks ago

Breakfast At Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something, even though it's referring to the film, I guess it still might count...

• literary songs   14 years 11 weeks ago

Just off the top of my head, "My Baby Loves a Bunch of Authors" by Moxy Fruvous. Mentions tons, but a few are Ondaatje, Doris Lessing, Robertson Davies, and Margaret Atwood.

I cry Uncle on the rest of these.

MarkW

Here's an obscure one for you:
    "If you dream of the girl for you, then call us and get two for the price of one." I know, I know. I contribute weird shit. And yes, I'm on the listology like every day now.