• Top 10 Movies, Music & Visual Art of the Week (2015)   1 week 2 days ago

You really should listen to Mark Hollis' solo album as well. It is absolutely stunning.

• The 100 Greatest Albums Ever   1 week 3 days ago

Sure. I'm glad you brought it up. Have you heard El Oso? Maybe a little less outstanding than Ruby Vroom, but pretty great stuff nonetheless. It's a shame they're so unknown.

• The 100 Greatest Albums Ever   1 week 3 days ago

The whole first half of the album is awesome, and the rest is good as well. I highly recommend revisiting it, and wouldn't be surprised if it made the top 100.

• Best Ever Album Tournament - Round 1 - Part 6   1 week 3 days ago

Perfect From Now On/The Good Son/Brilliant Corners/Marquee Moon/The Royal Albert Hall Concert/Untilted/Highway 61 Revisited/Ascension/Suicide/Fun House/Zen Arcade/Everybody Knows This is Nowhere/Trout Mask Replica/Sticky Fingers
    Edit: replaced Lorca with Perfect from Now On for the sake of diversity - too many Scaruffi picks and Starsailor is pretty much guaranteed for round 2.

• The 100 Greatest Albums Ever   1 week 3 days ago

True Dreams of Wichita is my jam!
    It's a fascinating album that I haven't heard in ages.

• The 100 Greatest Albums Ever   1 week 3 days ago

What do you think of Ruby Vroom?

• Best Ever Album Tournament - Round 1 - Part 6   1 week 4 days ago

Lorca
    Original Sin
    Loveless
    +Moondance

• Films Seen: Listology Scoreboard 2015   1 week 5 days ago

I dunno, kaplan. I did this many because I was sick for a week. And when I'm sick, I watch movies. THEN, for the next week, it was raining so no yard work got done.

Coming up in my queues for watching are a bunch of TV movies which don't count. So don't hold your breath and duck just yet.

• Playlist : The Velvet Underground   1 week 5 days ago

Great list, lots of new stuff to check out (plus I need to relisten to The Velvet Underground and Nico). I made a playlist on Deezer, it amounts to 4 hours and 11 minutes of music (and that's excluding most of the Live at Matrix tracks except for Sister Ray, and Loaded, as they weren't available on the site)! I'll try to go through it sometime.

• Films Seen: Listology Scoreboard 2015   1 week 5 days ago

Maybe I should mention that the past weeks you have steadily been coming closer to the third place that I have been holding, to my own surprise, for a few months now. With the difference being reduced to one film, I have the feeling I'm going to lose that third place next week ;-)

• Films Seen: Listology Scoreboard 2015   1 week 6 days ago

Update 12
    The order of the list remained largely static, with only 2 moves. Julesyoung climbed one spot to claim 14th and kgracetasticsake climbed one spot to reclaim 18th from loonapick. This is also the first update we have had that sported no ties. Good jobs all.

As a group we logged 309 movies in the week, continuing the reduction in movies logged, for a total of 2747 films. For the next update on 24 May, the numbers for 1, 2 and 3 films per day are 144, 288 and 432, respectively. Happy viewing and see you next week! God willin' and creek don't rise.

• My Favorite Music   1 week 6 days ago

Already did :p

• Best Ever Album Tournament - Round 1 - Part 6   1 week 6 days ago

I just edited my vote lol

• Best Ever Album Tournament - Round 1 - Part 6   1 week 6 days ago

Fun House
    Dreamtime Return
    Loveless
    Trout Mask Replica
    Third Ear Band

• Top 10 Movies, Music & Visual Art of the Week (2015)   1 week 6 days ago

If you listen to #1 a few more times, #3 will come around for you.

• Top 10 Movies, Music & Visual Art of the Week (2015)   1 week 6 days ago

No worries, the discrepancy between #1 and #3 is negligible.

• My Favorite Music   1 week 6 days ago

Happy to see Fun House in that top spot. Should we reconsider your vote for the Dogbowl album on the tournament?

• Top 10 Movies, Music & Visual Art of the Week (2015)   1 week 6 days ago

I'm glad you ranked Laughing Stock at #1, quite an underrated album. Also nice to see Laughing Stock at #5, one of my favourite albums by Talk Talk. However, I'm afraid I fail to see why Laughing Stock is ranked #3, maybe I just don't get it yet?

• Best Ever Album Tournament - Round 1 - Part 6   2 weeks 2 hours ago

Great to see new participants voting, even if their votes go against mine in most cases (Dogbowl over Fun House? Why???).

• Best American Idol / X-Factor / TV Talent Show Performances (Music Only)   2 weeks 7 hours ago

Thanks :-) I'll check those 3 out!

• Best Ever Album Tournament - Round 1 - Part 1   2 weeks 8 hours ago

• Spirit Of Eden - Talk Talk
    • A Rainbow in Curved Air - Terry Riley
    • Desertshore – Nico
    • Bitches Brew - Miles Davis
    • Children of God - Swans
    • Nail - Foetus
    • Good - Morphine
    • Faust - Faust