• Rolling Stone: 100 Greatest Drummers   1 week 5 days ago

• Rolling Stone: 100 Greatest Drummers   1 week 5 days ago

Alright, the Rev.
    Jimmy seems to get a lot of shit about his "lack of talent" and "sucky skill." I fail to see how untalented the man was. He wrote most of the band's good songs (Critical Acclaim, A Little Piece of Heaven, etc.) which is talent enough on it's own. You think just writing an 8 minute song, nay, story, along with an orchestral arrangement, playing a solid drum beat and singing, and managing to not lose a beat isn't talented, go fuck yourself. Hell, just writing a song in general takes large amounts of talent. A Little Piece of Heaven and his work with Pinkly Smooth shows how creative the guy was, never afraid to do something new. If you doubt his skill, listen to "The Beast and the Harlot" off their 3rd album. Only a moron could say "lul that drumming suckZ" in the song. He wasn't just a drummer, he was an actual musician, unlike most drummers nowadays. I'll finish here by when you say I'm a "gay7x fanboy," I am a fan of Avenged. However, I listen to anything ranging from Dire Straits to Rush to Pantera. Hate here all you want, you don't have to agree. It's called "comments" for a reason,

• Beatles singles ranked   1 week 5 days ago

This made a pretty sweet WMP playlist :)

To be honest it's been ages since I heard For Sale and hard Day's Night from start to finish. I can't make a decent version of either of them right now. My version of help! is the same as yours except that I'll omit Yes It Is.

I really should hear The New Mary-Jane and You Know My Name. Oh and I would love to hear Carnival of Light. I've read really interesting things about it. how good is that one?

• Popular Music Masterpieces : 60 Best Albums   1 week 5 days ago

Maybe I'll hear the first 2 Squeeze tracks then. I already know I hate the album though. With that stolen band name and retarded cover art and all :D

That's The Story sounds pretty ok to me. I've liked all the songs on the self-titled for years, except that I still don't know how I exactly feel about Murder Mystery. It has remained damn interesting though, cool idea, nice rhytmic and melodic progressions, and the last two minutes are really amazing.

By the way, the original Closet Mix version of the self-titled (included on the Peel Slowly and See box set) sounds much better than the producer's remix originally released in 1960's.

• Popular Music Masterpieces : 60 Best Albums   1 week 5 days ago

You can't call yourself a VU fan then :P I'd actually recommend listening to the first two tracks of Squeeze at least.

For the self-titled, I guess anything that isn't That's The Story Of My Life would make it.

• Top 10 Movies, Music & Miscellaneous Art of the Week (2014)   1 week 6 days ago

Yea, I agree re: Future Days. Tago Mago might be an 8.5, as I've had it before (doubt it's a 9 on my scale). But I'll have to revisit it as well as the others.

• Popular Music Masterpieces : 60 Best Albums   1 week 6 days ago

If I get the chance I will definitely check out Amnesiac b-sides.

I haven't heard Squeeze. I hate listening to a random Doug Yule album under a fake Velvet Underground name.

Can is one of the few bands that I feel Scaruffi consistently underrates. IMO, his ratings for Tago Mago, Ege Bamyasi, Future Days, and Soon Over Babaluma are all a good point short.

• Popular Music Masterpieces : 60 Best Albums   1 week 6 days ago

The Amnesiac B-sides are great, and In Rainbows Bonus Disk has some good tracks. Apart from that, though, the rest of the B-sides sets are not very consistent.

What about Squeeze? ;)

• Greatest Albums of All Time (Rock & Jazz)   2 weeks 16 hours ago

I dont know, I haven't heard them yet either. Just the Cave albums listed on my 7.8+ list as well as some later ones that are in 6/10-7/10 range. If you hear them, let me know and maybe I'll squeeze in the time to check them out.

• Greatest Albums of All Time (Rock & Jazz)   2 weeks 1 day ago

Have you heard the Birthday Party albums? I've only heard 3 or 4 songs from Prayers on Fire. Their mood resembled From Her to Eternity, perhaps a little more "fun". I gotta hear more of their stuff. What do you think about them?

• Greatest Albums of All Time (Rock & Jazz)   2 weeks 1 day ago

Thanks!

• Greatest Albums of All Time (Rock & Jazz)   2 weeks 1 day ago

From Her to Eternity is such a freaking awesome album. Great choice!

• Every animated movie ever created (alphabetical)   2 weeks 1 day ago

just wondering if you could help me, i saw this animated movie when i was a kid so i`m guessing its either 80s/early 90s, all i can remember is that the main character which was male, played the lead in famous stories such as robin hood and sleeping beauty and maybe some more but i can`t remember. also the animated characters were not human but animals but not your everyday animals like foxs etc. sorry its so vague but if anyone remembers more details than me that would be great.

• Films Seen: Listology Scoreboard 2014   2 weeks 1 day ago

Update #09 (17 March) - First update in three weeks. One new player in the top 10: Ultimo Lee, at 9. And danvers went from 9 to 11. Other changes in the top 10: McJoJo (4->5), Tatum (7->6), bpchicky (9->6), Laivaren (10->8).
    Only eight players left with an average of more than 1 film/day, that's two less (Laivaren, danvers) than at the previous update. Of those eight, mightysparks and tom_elce have even seen more than 2 films/day.
    I saw only 10 films and stayed 6th.

• Leonard Maltin's 4 Star Movies (2010 Edition)   2 weeks 1 day ago

My Gollie. I should start reading Maltin's list checking up 4 stars movies from 1988 to 2010. They are hilarious. No Lynch, the worst Almodovar in a decade of gems, no Mann, no Coen, no Anderson. To not mention no Taxi Driver, no Kubrick after 2001: A Space Odyssey. One of the worst lists ever.

• Leonard Maltin's 4 Star Movies (2010 Edition)   2 weeks 1 day ago

Correction: North by Northwest was released after Vertigo.
    Other absurdities: he mentioned Gigi and not Top Hat....

• Leonard Maltin's 4 Star Movies (2010 Edition)   2 weeks 1 day ago

ahahahahah no mentions for Day of Wrath (1943) but a call for Bernadette.... What a dumb critic. an he get paid to judge movies....
    In 1955 he forget The Night of the Hunter for Mister Roberts... puahh...

• Leonard Maltin's 4 Star Movies (2010 Edition)   2 weeks 1 day ago

I can't believe. He enlisted The Father of the Bride as one of the four best movies of 1950 and he didn't mention In a Lonely Place by Ray.... I surrender, at this point.

• Greatest Songs/Tracks/Movements of All Time (Classical, Rock & Jazz) [under major revisions]   2 weeks 1 day ago

No problem. I haven't heard Dim The Lights yet but it sounds interesting and I should check it out soon -- I hope ;)

• Leonard Maltin's 4 Star Movies (2010 Edition)   2 weeks 1 day ago

The Searchers ---> 1956 and not 1948

• Leonard Maltin's 4 Star Movies (2010 Edition)   2 weeks 1 day ago

Incredible. He didn't consider Notorious a four stars? Lol, this list starts to bore me.

• Leonard Maltin's 4 Star Movies (2010 Edition)   2 weeks 1 day ago

The Ox-Bow Incident was not released in 1946 but 1943

Sister Ray FTW! :)

• Leonard Maltin's 4 Star Movies (2010 Edition)   2 weeks 1 day ago

El Barto, I suggest you to modify Adam's Rib year of release: is not 1940 but 1949