• Best Ever Album Tournament - Round 1 - Part 6   1 week 2 days ago

Fun House
    Dreamtime Return
    Loveless
    Trout Mask Replica
    Third Ear Band

• Top 10 Movies, Music & Visual Art of the Week (2015)   1 week 2 days ago

If you listen to #1 a few more times, #3 will come around for you.

• Top 10 Movies, Music & Visual Art of the Week (2015)   1 week 2 days ago

No worries, the discrepancy between #1 and #3 is negligible.

• My Favorite Music   1 week 2 days ago

Happy to see Fun House in that top spot. Should we reconsider your vote for the Dogbowl album on the tournament?

• Top 10 Movies, Music & Visual Art of the Week (2015)   1 week 2 days ago

I'm glad you ranked Laughing Stock at #1, quite an underrated album. Also nice to see Laughing Stock at #5, one of my favourite albums by Talk Talk. However, I'm afraid I fail to see why Laughing Stock is ranked #3, maybe I just don't get it yet?

• Best Ever Album Tournament - Round 1 - Part 6   1 week 3 days ago

Great to see new participants voting, even if their votes go against mine in most cases (Dogbowl over Fun House? Why???).

• Best American Idol / X-Factor / TV Talent Show Performances (Music Only)   1 week 3 days ago

Thanks :-) I'll check those 3 out!

• Best Ever Album Tournament - Round 1 - Part 1   1 week 3 days ago

• Spirit Of Eden - Talk Talk
    • A Rainbow in Curved Air - Terry Riley
    • Desertshore – Nico
    • Bitches Brew - Miles Davis
    • Children of God - Swans
    • Nail - Foetus
    • Good - Morphine
    • Faust - Faust

• Loveless - My Bloody Valentine
    • Trout Mask Replica - Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band
    • Third Ear Band - Third Ear Band

Leona Lewis - Could It Be Magic
    Lascel Wood - Use Somebody
    Daniel Johnson - With A Little Help From My Friends

All from UK X Factor, some of the best IMO.

• Best Albums of the 2010's   1 week 3 days ago

PonPonPon, Drinker and Kyary Anan are as good as Candy Candy.

PPR is probably one of those albums that will bounce on and off this list depending on what mood I am in. I'd score it anywhere from a 7.0 to a 7.7.

An Awesome Wave is another one of those that could make it back on, but it did not hit the heights it had previously. About a straight 7.0. Was around an 8 on first few listens though, unique record.

• Best Albums of the 2000's   1 week 3 days ago

These three albums do need a relisten. Fennesz and The Books will more than likely make it on here, The Go! Team was played to death by my Dad when it first came out would you believe! So there's that to get over. Did enjoy how fun it was though.

That's a good call. I just listened to it and it might make it on here. Another one under consideration right now is Leona Lewis' Summertime (X Factor).

• Most Invigorating Albums (Rock/Jazz) [in-progress]   1 week 4 days ago

Definitely shoot for 100 :P

Maybe even a Most Invigorating Musical Works list, like I suggested earlier?

• Fave literature   1 week 4 days ago

It's not high standards, but underexposure that accounts for that. My experience with literature roughly amounts to the equivalent of watching a bunch of Pixar movies. Thanks for the recommendations by the way; hopefully this year I'll be able to manage my time well and improve this lift significantly.

• Most Invigorating Albums (Rock/Jazz) [in-progress]   1 week 4 days ago

Thanks! Haven't heard Six Finger Satellite yet and the rest have a shot! Depends on how long I make the list. Probably no more than 50, maybe Ill shoot for 100?

• Best Albums of the 2000's   1 week 4 days ago

Some recommendations:
    Thunder, Lightning, Strike - The Go! Team
    The Lemon of Pink - The Books
    Endless Summer - Fennesz

• Best Albums of the 2010's   1 week 4 days ago

Is there anything on it as good as Candy Candy?

Also, now that they're off the list, what would you rate Pamyu Pamyu Revolution and An Awesome Wave?

• Most Invigorating Albums (Rock/Jazz) [in-progress]   1 week 4 days ago

More suggestions:

Blues and Roots - Charles Mingus
    Half Machine Lip Moves - Chrome
    Severe Exposure - Six Finger Satellite
    Surfer Rosa - Pixies

EDIT: more=
    Bromst - Dan Deacon
    Thunder, Lightning, Strike - The Go! Team

• Best American Idol / X-Factor / TV Talent Show Performances (Music Only)   1 week 4 days ago

Maybe Mitchell Brunings' casting preformance in The Voice Holland has what you're looking for.

• Favorite Movies   1 week 4 days ago

I've already mentioned my favourite romances on film (add In the Mood for Love to the list as well). I've got to check out all the literary works you've mentioned.

Opera is not on my list of priorities for now, maybe later when I feel I've explored other music enough, as well as paintings, movies, literature...