• Spam Patrol   1 hour 6 min ago

Deleted spam: <==== spambot running continuously since late June
    2015-08-04: 011 accounts, 00 comments, 00 pages
    2015-08-03: 037 accounts
    2015-08-02: 124 accounts
    2015-08-01: 069 accounts

• Best albums of 2015 (so far)   6 hours 35 min ago

Yeah I really like Deeper, everything Soft Moon has done so far has been really solid.

The closest to IDM is probably that Gagarin album. I found it yesterday and I've really been enjoying it. It feels like something somewhere along the lines of old Aphex Twin or Autechre. The guy who made it is a part of Pere Ubu and played with Nico for a while, so there's that.

Others on here that may or may not fall under the category of IDM but are definitely some form of experimental electronica: Always Offended Never Ashamed, Dead Flesh (awesome side project of on of the members of Fuck Buttons), Hairless Toys, Platform, Dilate

• Music Ratings & Notes   8 hours 36 min ago

re: the 2000's and 2010's are just as good music-wise as any decade before them...I don't think there should be any doubt about that in anyone's mind. Actually, I've never really thought about which decades were best for music; there's great music still being released and will keep getting released in the future.

• Best albums of 2015 (so far)   9 hours 22 min ago

Deeper ... Nice!

Are there any IDM albums on this list? I don't know any of these albums.

• Music Ratings & Notes   11 hours 30 min ago

It's all good. I found the album a few months ago and I'm still excited about all of it. Padding Ghost is great, for example.

On an unrelated note, Dan Deacon, Spring Heel Jack, Battles, Joanna Newsom, Autechre and Black Dice are enough to prove the 2000's and 2010's are just as good music-wise as any decade before them. Sucks that these decades are underrated and under explored in Listology.

• Best Ever Album Tournament - Round 1 - Part 5   16 hours 4 min ago

-no vote yet
    A Love Supreme
    + change to Let it Be
    Daydream Nation
    The Dance of the Moon and the Sun
    Live
    -undecided
    Goat
    The Velvet Underground and Nico
    Metal Machine Music

There's a Riot Goin' On is the unluckiest album in this tournament. Sad to see it go so soon!

• Spam Patrol   21 hours 24 min ago

========== Spam Patrol ===========
    Last user checked: dylansmanutd
    Deleted spam: <==== spambot runs continuously since late June
    2015-08-03: 037 accounts, 00 comments, 00 pages
    2015-08-02: 124 accounts
    2015-08-01: 069 accounts

• Music Ratings & Notes   1 day 3 hours ago

Other favourites on Bromst besides Snookered? I love Build Voice, Red F, Of the Mountains, and Slow With Horns/Run for Your Life. I like the other tracks as well though (well, I don't get Wet Wings).

• Films Seen: Listology Scoreboard 2015   1 day 22 hours ago

Update 22

We had several changes this time. Julesyoung continues climbing, rising to 8th. At this rate, the next update may add a new player to the group seeing one or more films per day. LukeRobot joined Tatum at 16th Nybella switched places with hinterland once again claiming 23rd. Good jobs all. However, do want to raise a concern. For at least 4 updates, mattmakins has made no updates. I'm hoping all is OK on that front.

As a group we logged only 110 movies snce the last update for a total of 4227 films. For the next update on 9 August, the numbers for 1 and 2 films per day are 221 and 442, respectively. Happy viewing and see you next week! God willin' and creek don't rise.

• Jonathan Rosenbaum Essential Cinema (+ 2008 addition)   2 days 19 hours ago

Been a while since I updated this. A few months ago I watched the last available title. I just updated the OP. I've seen 1051 of 1080.

• Top 400 trance tracks of all time   3 days 3 hours ago

this one ? Odyssey 3000, Guman Force - she mentions "beat" on several occasions, worth a listen either way

• Jonathan Rosenbaum Essential Cinema (+ 2008 addition)   3 days 4 hours ago

Hi! Is wide angle Saxon online anywhere? Thanks!

• Top 222 songs of the 80s   3 days 5 hours ago

Pretty Hate Machine, from which two of the list's songs come, was 1989--but yeah, The Perfect Drug is way 90s! (1997)

• Best Ever Album Tournament - Round 1 - Part 4   3 days 6 hours ago

I can't edit my comment so here it goes again:

Music for 18 Musicians
    White Light/White Heat
    The Piper at the Gates of Dawn
    Rock Bottom
    Novus Magnificat
    + This Heat (though the Indestructible Beat was an awesome discovery. Thanks, whoever nominated it)

• Best Ever Album Tournament - Round 1 - Part 1   3 days 6 hours ago

Ramones (toughest vote ever... the Magic City is equally brilliant)
    Exile on Main St.
    Future Days
    Call Me
    In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
    Dolmen Music
    The Velvet Underground (closet mix)
    + change to: Revolver
    Hosianna Mantra
    Junkyard

• Greatest Albums of All Time (Rock & Jazz)   3 days 7 hours ago

Thanks, don't think I've ever seen that one :)

• Greatest Albums of All Time (Rock & Jazz)   3 days 7 hours ago

Thanks, yeah, based on everything I've seen, I'm pretty sure I'll stick with Mirror Man. It seems to be the most accepted as a proper release.

• Greatest Albums of All Time (Rock & Jazz)   3 days 7 hours ago

Interesting. It's (unfortunately) fairly common between the mid-60's and those days for albums to get confusing releases!

• Music Ratings & Notes   3 days 7 hours ago

• Music Ratings & Notes   3 days 7 hours ago

Maybe. I don't know yet.

• Music Ratings & Notes   3 days 8 hours ago

Replacing the self-titled as your favourite Beatles album?

• Music Ratings & Notes   3 days 9 hours ago

You get the idea! Totally. It's awesome.

• Music Ratings & Notes   3 days 9 hours ago

Almost as high as the Beatles were when they made it? ;)

• Music Ratings & Notes   3 days 9 hours ago

Soon. It's gonna be high. Very high!

• Music Ratings & Notes   3 days 9 hours ago