• Spam Patrol   5 hours 4 min ago

========== Spam Patrol ===========
    Last user checked: holaeduardo
    Deleted spam: <====> spambot registering accounts everyday since late June, mostly random Yahoo, Gmail, and Hotmail
    2015-08-27: 003 accounts, registration 7PM to ______M PDT
    2015-08-26: 012 accounts, registration 8PM to 01:00AM PDT
    2015-08-24: 015 accounts, registration 4PM to 01:50AM PDT
    2015-08-23: 038 accounts, registration 1PM to 01:30AM PDT
    2015-08-22: 044 accounts, registration 1PM to 11:30PM PDT
    2015-08-21: 019 accounts, registration 8PM to 01:40AM PDT
    2015-08-19: 032 accounts, registration 3PM to 11:40PM PDT
    2015-08-18: 039 accounts, registration 2PM to 01:30AM PDT
    2015-08-17: 067 accounts, registration 1PM to 10:30PM PDT
    2015-08-16: 040 accounts, registration for 8 hours
    2015-08-14: 001 accounts, registration inactivated - looking for a spambot fix
    2015-08-13: 294 accounts, <== spambot started flooding user accounts with oddball email domains
    2015-08-12: 052 accounts, 05 comments
    2015-08-11: 060 accounts
    2015-08-10: 070 accounts
    2015-08-09: 039 accounts
    2015-08-08: 064 accounts
    2015-08-08: 064 accounts
    2015-08-07: 105 accounts
    2015-08-05: 046 accounts
    2015-08-04: 062 accounts
    2015-08-03: 037 accounts
    2015-08-02: 124 accounts
    2015-08-01: 069 accounts

• Greatest Albums of All Time (Rock & Jazz)   6 hours 5 min ago

Yeah, could be Martyn I'm think of. Haha, "I Want to See the BLT" suddenly transforms it into a lost Frank Zappa album!

• Greatest Albums of All Time (Rock & Jazz)   6 hours 41 min ago

Maybe you're thinking of another British couple, John & Beverley Martyn, although John's solo albums are more your speed ("Inside Out" is very Buckleyish and will make my revised list).
    I abbreviated "I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight" in my head as "I Want To See The BLT", which made me think of an apprehensive sandwich orderer.

• Greatest Albums of All Time (Rock & Jazz)   7 hours 53 min ago

Or, whatever, I guess it was user russa03 that recommended it... Though, didn't you recommend that Richard & Linda Thompson to me some time back -- or am I mistaken?

• Underrated Albums   14 hours 14 min ago

Amassed is a great one. I'll check if it appears on a major list or not (slim chance) and I'll add it.

I don't know if I can endorse Pavilion of Dreams or not. It's an album that I'm totally uncertain about.

• Eurodance All Time Top 30   16 hours 33 min ago

Thanks for comment.Ace of base music is not eurodance it's dance pop of 90s.So i'm focused on true euro dance and music which is charted well in these times.Rhythm is a dancer are included in poll.

• Eurodance All Time Top 30   22 hours 36 min ago

Cool idea for a poll. Eurodance generally gets no love, but so many of these tunes are classics. I went with Captain Hollywood Project's "More and More", though Haddaway's "What Is Love?" was a strong contender. Also, I would have included Snap!'s "Rhythm Is a Dancer" and possibly Ace of Base's "Beautiful Life" as options.

• Greatest Albums of All Time (Rock & Jazz)   1 day 3 hours ago

Oh yeah, thank you. Shoot Out the Lights is correctly listed here, but you are correct that I confused the titles on my Recommended list. Ill add the one you recommended to me onto this list soon and will correct the rating on the Recommended list too.

• Spam Patrol   1 day 4 hours ago

2015-08-05: 046 accounts
    2015-08-04: 062 accounts
    2015-08-03: 037 accounts
    2015-08-02: 124 accounts
    2015-08-01: 069 accounts

• Greatest Albums of All Time (Rock & Jazz)   1 day 5 hours ago

are you confusing the two Lights-titled albums by Richard Thompson? :) The "Honored" one was Bright Lights Tonight

• My Favorite Music   1 day 7 hours ago

Yeah, Ive heard one of the songs and it sounds really good. I wonder if she'll manage to do the "impossible" and release what would possibly be the first 9/10 since the 90's (though imo Have One On Me might already be one too -- and there's still plenty of candidates I haven't heard and that may not reveal themselves for years to come).

• Please Recommend Music, Films or Paintings to Me   1 day 9 hours ago

Thanks, I haven't heard those!

• Greatest Live Rock Albums   1 day 11 hours ago

Live/Hhai is great; I actually think it sounds better and is more intense than their studio stuff from the era.
    Thanks for recommending Live at the Matrix, I have not heard it, but I'll track it down somehow. Between that and Rio Bravo's suggestion, I have lots of live Lou Reed to listen to.

• Underrated Albums   2 days 3 hours ago

It might be just outside my 100 but have you heard Spring Heel Jacks Amassed? Currently, I think its probably even better than Live (though Ive also listened to it a bit more).

Or, Harold Budd's Pavilion of Dreams?

• Please Recommend Music, Films or Paintings to Me   2 days 14 hours ago

Sofia Gubaidulina's Offertorium and 10 preludes for cello.

• Greatest Live Rock Albums   2 days 17 hours ago

Listening to Kohntark. It's the best prog I've heard all year. Can't thank you enough for introducing me to Live/Hhai.

Live at the Matrix is better than Live 1969. It should be released on its own. Currently it's only available on The Velvet Underground box set.

• Music Ratings & Notes   2 days 17 hours ago

Yes, bits and pieces, haven't really delved into it. It has a good number of devoted fans, as far as I can remember.

• Underrated Albums   2 days 21 hours ago

You can recommend something from your own top 100 if you like to.

• Underrated Albums   2 days 22 hours ago

So you'll get right on those then?

• Please Recommend Music, Films or Paintings to Me   3 days 8 hours ago

I've checked out some of it, not the whole thing yet. It's very spare and I agree with you that the music is haunting. Something like Lou Reed (vocally) immersed in the introversion of Nick Drake, though a bit more stultifying.

I'm not sure about it's depth... but nonetheless an interesting find. Does he have any albums that expand on his ideas/emotions a bit more?

• My Favorite Music   3 days 14 hours ago

Yep. I can't wait until Divers comes out in October.

• Underrated Albums   4 days 40 min ago

Time to start another pointless circular conversation about Scaruffi? Again?
    Nah.

For what it's worth, and to make things clear: I basically don't give a flying fuck about Scaruffi's main list, let alone his other lists. Take that as a sign of my low intelligence and bad taste and take your Scaruffi business somewhere where it's appreciated. My lists aren't made for that. It feels shitty to see all this Scaruffi shit on all my fucking lists. Thank you.

Oh, and yeah, Spring Heel Jack, who would have thought of that. Thanks a bunch.

• Songs With Women's Names in the Title   4 days 14 hours ago

I tried to read the previous posts but if I repeat sorry.

Jolene - Dolly Parton original others covered it
    Charmaine - Jim Reeves
    Laura - Tom Jones
    Amanda - Waylon Jennings
    Delta Dawn - Tanya Tucker
    Jamie - Weezer
    Proud Mary - Tina Turner
    Hello Dolly - broadway recording Carol Channing and movie soundtrack Barbara Streisand
    Sylvia's Mother - Dr. Hook & The Medicine Show
    Hey Paula - Paul and Paula
    Guenevere - Rick Springfield

Some songs can fill two lists, one hit wonders songs with girls names
    Oh Susanna - Sinnging Dogs 1955
    Nicole - Point Blank 1981
    Mary's Prayer - Danny Wilson 1987
    Lily Was Here - David A. Stewart featuring Candy Dulfer 1991
    Cleopatra's Theme - Cleopatra 1998
    Chanté's Got a Man - Chante Moore 1999

• Music Ratings & Notes   5 days 11 hours ago

Sure, if you're interested in the genre. Not a lot else released around then sounds quite like it.

• Best albums of 2015 (so far)   5 days 12 hours ago

Possibly Exploitation or Gone Fishing. What can I say, I'm a sucker for minimalist electronica.

I've only heard a bit of Overpowered, but I quite liked it. Her work bears similarities to Herbert (they collaborated on an album), so if you like her you'll probably like Herbert as well.