• Best of the 90s   2 hours 29 min ago

What do you think of other Kiarostami films?

• Listening+Viewing Log 2016 (Started: 11 July)   8 hours 34 min ago

Thank you, will do!

• Top 10 Movies, Music & Visual Art of the Week (2016)   10 hours 26 min ago

I changed the position of my "Running Log" of my "Top 50 Works of Art of the Year" to now being view-able just below the current week's selections, instead of down at the bottom of the page.

• Listening+Viewing Log 2016 (Started: 11 July)   12 hours 3 min ago

Your description definitely made it sound so :D
    BTW, add Donuts to your "Please Recommend..." list while you're at it.

• Music Rankings & Notes   12 hours 40 min ago

Sweet, I can see why. I have considered it for my 7.3+ list a few times.

• Music Rankings & Notes   13 hours 7 min ago

Classic. Love it front to back.

• Music Rankings & Notes   14 hours 14 min ago

What did you think of Madvillainy? Ive been meaning to revisit it.

• Read of Science Fiction: The 101 Best Novels 1985-2010   16 hours 36 min ago

Anything on here particular outstanding? I feel pretty out of the loop with sci-fi writing.

• Listening+Viewing Log 2016 (Started: 11 July)   1 day 1 hour ago

No Now is ridiculously awesome

• Listening+Viewing Log 2016 (Started: 11 July)   1 day 2 hours ago

Thanks. I'm also interested in No Now by Clarence Clarity from your description.

• Listening+Viewing Log 2016 (Started: 11 July)   1 day 8 hours ago

Along somewhat the same lines as Beefheart (though more Residents): the experimental, freak, "noise-folk" (or something) album, Croce by Father Murphy, is JAW-DROPPING. Otherworldly, haunting foray into the occult. Highly recommended.

• Favorite Jazz Albums   1 day 9 hours ago

Sounds great, I think Ill have to check her out!

• Favorite Jazz Albums   1 day 11 hours ago

The list is not in order of preference (should keep alphabetical). Sarah Manning is a saxophonist who plays in an earthy, dreamy style, while her songs have distinct and hypnotic patterns. On this album she doubles her alto saxophone with a viola for a lot of it (similar sounding instruments), and she rounds out her personnel with a bass, an electric guitar, and drums. She crafts all her songs with dynamic emotion, as palpable as singing (like in The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady), especially in her saxophone melodies and solos. I also like that since I bought the CD directly from her, she addressed it herself and signed the inside cover.

• Favorite Jazz Albums   1 day 11 hours ago

Nice! Didnt realize you were already really into jazz. Looking forward to future additions. I haven't heard Sarah Manning. How would you describe it? Is this list in order of how great you feel they are?

• New Albums (for Me) I Like but Have Shelved   1 day 11 hours ago

Cool, makes sense. Looking forward to how What Would the Community Think fares for you.

• Greatest Music Videos (in chronological order)   1 day 12 hours ago

Ah, fair enough.

• Greatest Music Videos (in chronological order)   1 day 12 hours ago

The idea of this list is to approach music videos like a real artform, which I feel (most) other lists don´t really do. So yeah, I looked at a few OK Go videos and I don´t really think they would fit here.

That Cyriak video is very good, though. I don´t think I´ve ever seen that one before. It might be his best.

• New Albums (for Me) I Like but Have Shelved   1 day 14 hours ago

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been meaning to give that album another try.

As for the other two on the list, I've heard them both all the way through and enjoyed them, but I haven't felt like listening to them again recently. That's important for my favorites list, that I actually still listen to those albums.

• Favorite Jazz Albums   1 day 14 hours ago

Agreed, there are many jazz masterpieces. However, I have listened to much less jazz than rock, so this list is in its infancy. Tim Buckley said he wanted to break down boundaries between genres and styles of music, so a lot of his music could be called jazz as much as rock. Perhaps rock is a larger umbrella term, that can include jazz styles. However, even someone like Sarah Manning includes rock elements in her songs, meaning that jazz can include rock styles, too. Maybe the difference is a set of conventions, that jazz musicians can invent, follow or bend, that are distinct from those in rock.

I wonder that I prefer rock music over jazz and classical. I certainly know much more about rock than jazz and classical, based on my history. However, I really enjoy at least these three albums, and I have gone to a good number of jazz concerts.

• Listening+Viewing Log 2016 (Started: 11 July)   1 day 15 hours ago

Oh okay, yeah, not to worry, I am pretty familiar with the album, its just been a couple years. Ive never been sure what to rate it. It is perhaps as experimental and as equally offbeat as TMR. Arguable just how successful it is. I dont remember it being nearly as successful as TMR but pretty much nothing really is anyway. I'd be a very disappointed man if I expected albums to match up to that! I would be more than thrilled to add it to my 8s or 8.5s like you. I've wondered from time to time if it will make my list (7.3+). It has a better shot than most.

• Please Recommend Music, Films or Paintings to Me   1 day 16 hours ago

Ok sounds good. Looking forward to it. Ill give this Vampire Rodents mystery album a spin.

• Please Recommend Music, Films or Paintings to Me   1 day 16 hours ago

Makes sense. He is probably feeding it to fans of theirs before it gets an actual release.

• Please Recommend Music, Films or Paintings to Me   1 day 17 hours ago

I asked him. He's the manager and sound engineer for Vampire Rodents.

I once saw the profile of a member of the band Green on RYM.

• Please Recommend Music, Films or Paintings to Me   1 day 19 hours ago

What you see in my "Gallery of 2-D Visual Art" is all I got for the moment. I'm mainly focusing on music right now, but I plan on taking another plunge in to 2D visual art in the future.

• Listening+Viewing Log 2016 (Started: 11 July)   2 days 51 min ago

I was just saying that in case you were under the impression that Decals is perhaps not as exploratory or ambitious as TMR.