I hardly know where to begin criticizing
Submitted by jim on Fri, 01/14/2000 - 10:46
I hardly know where to begin criticizing VH1's 100 Greatest Songs of Rock and Roll. I'll try anyway:
- The Beach Boys have three songs on the list while Madonna gets nuthin'.
- Then again, there are only two entries for solo female artists on the whole list, so I guess that's fair (yeah right).
- The Eagles weigh in at #6 with "Hotel Boringfornia", while The Beatles don't make an appearance until #9.
- Oh yeah, The Beach Boys also beat The Beatles with the #8 pick.
- Probably untrue, but I once heard that Robert Plant called "Stairway to Heaven", "the long, boring bastard." But that didn't keep it from earning the #3 spot (also handily beating the top Beatles song).
- When did "We've Only Just Begun" by The Carpenters become a rock song?
- Nothing from Peter Gabriel? "In Your Eyes?" Nothing?
I love design-by-committee.