Let's See If We Can Get Another One of Those Character Games Rolling (answers posted)
- 10. Rusty Panello
- 13. Barry Guiler
- 29. Zaza Napoli (hint: it's actually a stage name)
- 35. Grover Muldoon
- 41. Chester Hooton
- 45. Tom Polhaus
- 1. Homer Simpson - Donald Sutherland in "Day of the Locust" (jgandcag)
- 2. Alice Swallow - Virginia Walker in "Bringing Up Baby" (lbangs)
- 3. June Gudmundsdottir - Greta Scacchi in "The Player" (jgandcag)
- 4. Michael Hfuhruhurr - Steve Martin in "The Man With Two Brains" (buddy)
- 5. Cecily Pigeon - Monica Evans in "The Odd Couple" (jgandcag)
- 6. Harvey Pell - Lloyd Bridges in "High Noon" (jgandcag)
- 7. Bruno Antony - Robert Walker in "Strangers on a Train" (Dembonez)
- 8. Johnny Hooker - Robert Redford in "The Sting" (slipkid71)
- 9. Liz Imbrie - Ruth Hussey in "The Philadelphia Story" (lbangs)
- 11. Marty DiBergi - Rob Reiner in "This Is Spinal Tap" (dgeiser13)
- 12. Maria Tura - Carole Lombard in "To Be Or Not To Be" (alsox4life)
- 14. Rusty P. Hayes - Dave Chappelle in "Screwed" (Dembonez) (Note: "Screwed" wasn't a great movie, but I enjoyed finding all the in-jokes of the characters' names.)
- 15. Kambei Shimada - Takashi Shimura in "Seven Samurai" (jim)
- 16. Caitlin Bree - Lisa Spoonhauer in "Clerks" (slipkid71)
- 17. Heywood R. Floyd - William Sylvester in "2001: A Space Odyssey." (Phreak)
- 18. Bob Curtin - Tim Holt in "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" (jgandcag)
- 19. Marvin Nash - Kirk Baltz in "Reservoir Dogs" (dgeiser13)
- 20. Eudora Fletcher - Mia Farrow in "Zelig"
- 21. Reggie Hammond - Eddie Murphy in "48 Hours" (slipkid71)
- 22. Biff Tannen - Thomas F. Wilson in "Back to the Future" (Phreak)
- 23. Johnnie Gray - Buster Keaton in "The General" (lbangs)
- 24. Frau Blucher - Cloris Leachman in "Young Frankenstein" (Phreak)
- 25. Earl Mott - Bill Pullman in "Ruthless People" (jgandcag)
- 26. Bruce Baldwin - Ralph Bellamy in "His Girl Friday" (lbangs)
- 27. Harry Tuttle - Robert DeNiro in "Brazil" (slipkid71)
- 28. Bunny Breckenridge - Bill Murray in "Ed Wood" (dgeiser13)
- 30. Clarence Oveur - Peter Graves in "Airplane!" (slipkid71)
- 31. Melanie Daniels - Tippi Hedren in "The Birds" (Dembonez)
- 32. Howard Beale - Peter Finch in "Network" (jgandcag)
- 33. George Schmidlap - Groucho Marx in "Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter?" (slipkid71)
- 34. Pedro de Pacas - Cheech Marin in "Up in Smoke" (Dembonez)
- 36. Roger the Shrubber - Eric Idle in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" (Phreak)
- 37. Avi Denovitz - Dennis Farina in "Snatch" (buddy)
- 38. Big Jim McKay - Mack Swain in "The Gold Rush" (jgandcag)
- 39. Sarah Packard - Piper Laurie in "The Hustler" (jgandcag)
- 40. Detective Robert Thorn - Charlton Heston in "Soylent Green" (slipkid71)
- 42. Victor Shakapopulis - Woody Allen in "Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sex (But Were Afraid to Ask)" (Dembonez)
- 43. Viola de Lesseps - Gwyneth Paltrow in "Shakespeare in Love" (jim)
- 44. Milo Tindle - Michael Caine in "Sleuth" (Dembonez)
- 46. Biggus Dickus - Graham Chapman in "Life of Brian" (Phreak)
- 47. Jeff Trent - Gregory Walcott in "Plan 9 from Outer Space" (Dembonez)
- 48. Lili Von Shtupp - Madeline Kahn in "Blazing Saddles" (Phreak)
- 49. Michael Francis Rizzi - Sofia Coppola in "The Godfather" (lbangs)
- 50. Hrundi V. Bakshi - Peter Sellers in "The Party" (slipkid71)
All these are from MOVIES (see #1).
Sorry if some of these characters have already been done, but I didn't read all of the previous games.
Some of these are pretty easy (anyone who's seen the movie should get #4, as it's a very memorable name; same goes for #46) and some are harder.
I rearranged them so that all the unguessed ones are at the top.
7/28/02 - All right, I warned y'all. Here are some additional clues to the 8 remaining characters.
10. Rusty Panello is not one of this actor's best roles. He was best in 1933.
12. A big clue is already posted in the discussion here: CAROLE LOMBARD PLAYS HER.
13. This is a child actor in a famous film of the 70's.
15. You should be able to get it with the clues on the discussion here. Note that I already said IT WAS A KUROSAWA FILM, and I commented that I was surprised Jim didn't get it the first time, meaning it's ONE OF JIM'S FAVORITE MOVIES. To call this one of Kurosawa's more popular films would be an understatement. It starts with an S. Please, someone just say the movie name and I'll give you credit.
29. This is from a foreign comedy. It was remade by Hollywood fairly recently.
35. This role was played by a very talented African-American comedian.
41. This is from one entry of a series of funny films.
45. This is played by the only man to appear in "It's a Wonderful Life", "Gone With the Wind", "The Searchers", "The Grapes of Wrath", "The Quiet Man", "Mister Roberts", "Rio Bravo", and "My Darling Clementine", along with small uncredited roles in "Bringing Up Baby", "It Happened One Night", and "You Can't Take it With You." Tom Polhaus is from a famous classic, but not one I've mentioned here.
Hope this makes things a little simpler.
8/2/02 - If no one has any more guesses, I suppose I'll post the answers soon. The rest are some of the hardest - maybe not the ones I'd have picked for the hardest seven, but they're hard.
8/4/02 - Apparently the thrill of this particular game is gone. Here are the answers of the remaining ones, just in case you were curious:
10. Harpo Marx in "Go West"
12. Carole Lombard in "To Be Or Not To Be"
13. Cary Guffey in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind"
29. Michael Serrault in "La Cage Aux Folles" (actually his character's stage name)
35. Richard Pryor in "Silver Streak"
41. Bob Hope in "Road to Utopia"
45. Ward Bond in "The Maltese Falcon"