Best Albums of the 90's
- Twin Infinitives-Royal Trux (1990)
- Seeds, Visions & Counterpoint-Ivo Perelman (1996)
- Geek The Girl-Lisa Germano (1994)
- Art & Aviation-Jane Ira Bloom (1992)
- Lullaby Land-Vampire Rodents (1993)
- Even the Sounds Shine-Myra Melford (1994)
- Slow, Deep & Hard-Type O Negative (1991)
- Cantos I-IV-Franz Koglmann (1992)
- The Good Son-Nick Cave (1990)
- Well-Oiled-Hash Jar Tempo (1997)
- Yerself Is Steam-Mercury Rev (1991)
- Spiderland-Slint (1991)
- The Downward Spiral-Nine Inch Nails (1994)
- Good-Morphine (1992)
- Repeater-Fugazi (1991)
- Loveless-My Bloody Valentine (1991)
- Remnants of a Deeper Purity-Black Tape For A Blue Girl (1996)
- Perfect From Now On-Built To Spill (1997)
- Bricolage-Amon Tobin (1997)
- Mundus Subterraneus-Lightwave (1995)
- Millions Now Living Will Never Die-Tortoise (1996)
- Fontanelle-Babes In Toyland (1992)
- A Picture of Nectar-Phish (1992)
- Down Colorful Hill-Red House Painters (1992)
- Yes-Morphine (1995)
- Dummy-Portishead (1994)
ALBUM RATINGS SCALE
0.0-4.5 NOT WORTH LISTENING TO AT ALL
7.0 VERY GOOD
9.5 SUPREME MASTERPIECE
10 ULTIMATE MASTERPIECE
Albums are rated and ranked based on how emotionally powerful I find them. The order I've given has been thoroughly considered and is very exact. The rankings here have evolved significantly over time and my current rankings have been concluded only after many, many listens of each and every album.
For me, the primary factors that make an album emotionally powerful are:
1. Emotional Conviction
2. Expansion of Ingenuity
AMAZING: An amazing album is a very powerful emotional experience.
MASTERPIECE: A masterpiece is one of the most emotionally powerful albums in history. It is so overwhelming and singular an experience that it towers over virtually all albums ever made.
SUPREME MASTERPIECE: A supreme masterpiece is one of the most emotionally powerful works in the history of art. It is so miraculous and singular an experience that it towers over virtually all masterpieces in any and all forms and times.
ULTIMATE MASTERPIECE: To my knowledge an ultimate masterpiece has never been achieved. It would be a work of almost unfathomable emotional significance.